Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Football Predictions 1-17 December 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ficina

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4) Dec 4. Champions League: Shakhtar B - Benefica 1-2
http://www.astronor.com/071204Shakhtar.gif
PoS(n) is closest conjunct Mars, an infortune, then * Saturn through signs of long ascension [works like a square]
The underdogs get it!

We did a post mortem on this game at the time - see page 4. There were two Moon aspects favouring Benfica.

Quote:
6) Dec 5. Champions League: Basel - Brann 1-0
http://www.astronor.com/071205Basel.gif
PoS(n) is opposite Jupiter. The fortune works the opposition.
The favourites get it!

Antiscion Saturn (L7) just inside 10th, which I pointed out before the game - see page 4 again.

Quote:
Quote:
8 ) Dec 7. Premier League: Brighton - Nottingham Forrest 0-2
http://www.astronor.com/071207Brighton.gif
PoS(n) is trine Uranus
The favourites get it!

Laurie said:
But who are the favourites? I don't trust odds that are so close. Normally I don't even look at charts like this.

Makes perfect sense if you give Asc to home team - see page 6 for pre-match analysis.

So Andrew, you have three different viewpoints here because I give the home team the Asc Laughing As I've said so many times before, every method is valid and none works 100%. We all go on our own experience and use the method we have found to work best and which we feel most comfortable with.

Best of all is when favourite, home team and colour all coincide Very Happy
LaurieB

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: CL 11/12 dec Reply with quote

Looking at tomorrow's Champion's League games:
Odd charts
All 6 games tomorrow show no aspects of the Moon;
all 8 games wednesday show a VOC Moon
Feels like very tight games with extreme results, either big scoring or nothing happening. Difficult to predict!

For some teams it is the last opportunity to go on to the next round, so they are bound to take risks. All or nothing.

Tomorrow's games:
Porto-Besiktas: Absolutely nothing happens in the chart; considering the odds I will go for the favourites.

Chelsea-Valencia: no moon aspects, but interesting looking Fortuna conj SNode and Pluto trine AntFortuna. If they have an effect, and that is a BIG if; there is not an automatic win for Chelsea; it may be a draw. I don't think it will be strong enough for Valncia to win, though.

Olympiques M.-Liverpool: again no Moon aspects and again the mysterious Fortuna conj SNode and Pluto trine AFortuna. Another draw?

Schalke 04-Rosenborg: L7 conj.Fortuna, no Moon aspects. I will go for the underdog, which makes me happy, as I have a soft spot for Rosenborg Smile

O.Piraeus-Werder Bremen: another one of those Fortuna conj.SNode and Pluto trine AntFortuna games. This time there is Ant Fortuna in 10. A little bit too far in, but if the game were to start a little late.... In that case I would go for the favourites.

Real Madrid-Lazio: L1 conj.Pluto, L4 opp. AntFortuna; L7 trine AntFortuna, L10 sextile AntFortuna. No Moon aspects. Bit of a mix, here. The only applying aspect is the opposition with L4, so no win for the underdogs. probably no win for the favourites either. Draw?

Any comments?
Did I miss anything?
Wednesday's games I will look at tomorrow.
Ficina

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Olympiques M.-Liverpool: again no Moon aspects and again the mysterious Fortuna conj SNode and Pluto trine AFortuna. Another draw?

What about ant Saturn (L7) conj MC (cadent side)? I'm hoping this will be enough for odds-on faves Liverpool, even though they are away team.

Quote:
Schalke 04-Rosenborg: L7 conj.Fortuna, no Moon aspects. I will go for the underdog, which makes me happy, as I have a soft spot for Rosenborg

You would count that conj, even though it's separating? I thought ant PoF conj MC would indicate a win for Schalke, odds-on at home.
LaurieB

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What about ant Saturn (L7) conj MC (cadent side)? I'm hoping this will be enough for odds-on faves Liverpool, even though they are away team.

You would count that conj, even though it's separating? I thought ant PoF conj MC would indicate a win for Schalke, odds-on at home.

In both cases they are more than 2 degrees away, especially as games tend to start a little late. 2 degrees is the maximum, according to John. So I don't count them. Sad
I have been known to be wrong, though, frequently, so....
Ficina

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In both cases they are more than 2 degrees away

It's very tight, I agree. Using stadium co-ordinates, ant PoF/MC is 2 degs exactly and ant Saturn/MC is 2 degs, 3' so it's just over. But I do take your point about games starting late. The Liverpool game is on TV here so I shall keep my eye on the clock at ko.

BTW, did you see my post at the bottom of page 7? If you did, but you have no comment, that's OK Smile
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schalke 04-Rosenborg
Odds: 1,35 5,00 9,00
The closest aspect PoS(n) makes is the sextile to Venus, but since it is through signs of long ascension, it works out like a square and favours the underdogs. If I had to look past the sextile to Venus, PoS(n) conjunct a malefic favours the underdogs - according to all the new stuff I'm trying to work out.

You realize Rosenborg victory gives the odds 9:1 ?????
LaurieB

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ficina"]
Quote:

BTW, did you see my post at the bottom of page 7? If you did, but you have no comment, that's OK Smile

I did see it. Thanks for the compliment, but I didn't get everything right. But I am not complaining. I got 4 out of 5. The ones I put money on, that is.

I don't know about the chart you mention
I didn't do all the EPL charts, as I already spend too much time on this Smile
I only look at the ones that have interesting odds!
Maybe I should forget the Dutch competition, as I appear to be the only one interested, and only do the EPL games instead. At least there is discussion on those. After all this is an English forum, so it is only natural.
LaurieB

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:
Schalke 04-Rosenborg
Odds: 1,35 5,00 9,00
If I had to look past the sextile to Venus, PoS(n) conjunct a malefic favours the underdogs - according to all the new stuff I'm trying to work out.

I think saturn as L7 takes precedence over it being a malefic. In this case it doesn't matter, as in both cases it's the underdog that is favoured.

And yes: I do realise Rosenborg's odds are 9:1! I have seen them pull rabbits out of their hats before Smile That's why I like them so much: they are full of surprises!
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LaurieB wrote:
And yes: I do realise Rosenborg's odds are 9:1! I have seen them pull rabbits out of their hats before That's why I like them so much: they are full of surprises!

With 9:1 in odds, Rosenborg will have pull a flipping reindeer out the hat this time round. But I do not disagree! Cool
LaurieB

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:
With 9:1 in odds, Rosenborg will have pull a flipping reindeer out the hat this time round. But I do not disagree! Cool

A reindeer!!!! How appropriate so close to Christmas!!!!
Ficina

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've both mentioned aspects to PoF (Venus and Saturn) but they are separating. Even John says PoF stays still and planets apply to it. PoF is at 6,42 Virgo, yes? Or have I got that wrong? Confused

Like you, Laurie, I don't have time to look at all the games. I prefer the EPL because I know more about it, but I'm willing to look at any charts people put up if I have the time. For instance, I only had time this morning to look at four CL games where we have a national interest, i.e. Liverpool, Rosenborg, Rangers and PSV. So I'm rooting for England, Norway, Scotland and Holland Very Happy
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparta Praha beat Viktoria Plzen 3-1!!
We are back in business! Odds 1,37
The match started 16.15 GMT, Praha
The PoF was trine Uranus! The favourites got it!

Very Happy
LaurieB

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:
Sparta Praha beat Viktoria Plzen 3-1!!
We are back in business!

Yes, we got that right Thumbs up
Same with basketball:
Güssing Knights - Macabido Gunners Oberwart. Favourites won them as well.
I am on a winning streak lately. Let's try to keep it up. Maybe we finally get the hang of this Smile
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure it can be done and we should be right in 9 out of 10 instances. I think it very much is a matter of weighing up the matter at hand.

In the case of Reading beating Arsenal 2-1 the testimonies of the underdog [bottom of table] beating the table leader, must have been very strong.
LaurieB

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised:

All games played with a VOC Moon

Barcelona-VFB Stuttgart
Overwhelming evidence for the underdogs, I think:
AntL7 just inside 10;
AntFortuna just before MC. (Of course that is actually the same testimony, so counts as one, really)
L7 conj Fortuna
I will go for the underdog, I think, or maybe a draw, considering the difference in strength.

Glasgow Rangers-Olympique L.:
AntFortuna ust in 10;
Uranus opp.Fortuna is separating, so I don't think that will stop the favs from winning, so I go for the favourites.

AS Roma-Manchester U.:
Absolutely nothing happening in this chart: I would say faourites, but there is alsop an applying opposition of Uranus to Fortuna. It is a little wide, 3 degrees, but it may offer a way out for Manchester U.

Sporting Lisbon-Dynamo Kiev:
Moon just inside the 7th; underdogs.

Fenerbahce-CSKA Moscow:
Moon sextile AntFortuna: favourites

PSV-Inter:
For some mysterious reason the bookies proclamed PSV the favourites. In reality they lost last sunday's competition match against a much weaker opponent (bottom of the list) and are facing a difficult game next weekend against Ajax. Besides their star topscorer is hurt and won't play tomorrow, so I think those odds are flattered.
However no testimonies at all, so the favourites win.

Arsenal-Steaua Bucuresti:
No testimonies: favourites

Slavia Prag-Sevilla:
Moon square AntFortuna: weak evidence for the underdog, so underdog wins or draw.

So to sum up: It doesn't look too good for Mancester U., but Arsenal will be fine; Chelsea may have some difficulty, but since I am using experimental data for this, maybe no problem at all.
I am overly optimistic for Rosenborg, but after a good night's sleep I think I may have been too enthousiastic and a good fight or perhaps a draw is the best they can hope for (but who knows.... it could be 0-0, they are quite capable of blocking a game completely Smile
PSV is a mystery. If they are favourites as the bookies say, they will be fine, but if my gut-feeling is right they may struggle.
Did I miss any of our nationalities?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Sport and Speculation All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: