Hi Andrew,
I love France, but I casted the chart of the final: 8:45pm 29Jun, Vienna (Asc = 6 Cap, IC = 8 Taurus) and got slightly different result. My prediction is Germany (signified by Moon Lord of 7th, 21 Taurus, 4th house) as the winner, and Russia (Saturn Lord of Asc, 4 Virgo, 8th house) finishes second.
cheers
Kien

Hi Goca,
I didn't take the natural sign of the country. I took the Moon in 4th house but not close to the cusp means the team is not of home country, but from a very close neighbour. Moon in Taurus of exaltation also indicates special affinity with the home country. Being in the NorthWest quarter of heaven, the direction points toward, Czech, Germany, Netherlands & France. From all that, my inclination is toward the German.
best
Kien

Well, France is out of the tournement and I would have to confess I offered a prediction that didn't work out. Mercury retrograde or error in judgement? Either way I hate it for sure!

What is fogging my track record? I have to stop and take a breath and reflect upon the meaning and role of offering predictions that in fact do not work out. Are they a downfall for the science/art and artist, or are they a neccesity in the name of research? Someone has the get things wrong in order to uncover the right path, but we all have to be careful in which way we contribute. The field of sports and gaming is certainly more suited for playful exercise, than carrying unwarrented malice into the lives of clients.

It will be interesting to see whether the horary chart makes sense when the contest is completed, and equally so if anyone else got it right. Why do I take this so seriously? I ask myself. It is only a game. I will certainly be following the tournement through to the finals and my good wishes go to the predictions of other contributors. Back to the drawing board and the pencil sharpner! :'
http://www.astronor.com

I wouldn't be suprized to see Germany in the 2008 final, facing a Leo nation, or we could get a repeat of the World Cup finals between Italy and France.
France are out. Germany and Italy are still in as the final comes near. I follow the rest of the tournement with excitement. I am sure we will have an aftermath.
http://www.astronor.com