UEFA EURO 2008 Finals

I have cast a chart regarding the Winner of the UEFA Euro 2008 Finals. Regard this as an initial approach. I notice that others have debated the qualifying rounds with considerable enthusiasm. I have thrown in an early chart for the contest, but everything is up for discussion - the signs that represent the various teams and nations. If anyone wants to contribute with other charts and pass their own judgement, please feel free.

This chart is cast on the Day of the Sun in the Hour of Mars. Capricorn is on the ascendant, which is the exaltation of Mars. The dignity of the lord of the hour on the ascendant proves the chart radical and fit to be judged.

Gemini is on the cusp of the 4th house of this chart - and contest will be held in two countries with matches played in both Switzerland and Austria. The 4th house and its lord, Mercury, may also indicate the defenders of the title, who are Greece (Virgo), i.e. Mercury in Scorpio gives preference to Virgo rather than Gemini. The Moon is 15GE11 on the cusp of the 5th house of games and competitions. This offers further confimation of the chart.

http://www.astronor.com/UEFAEuro08.gif

Qualified teams are Austria (Libra), Croatia (Virgo), Czech Republic (Sagittarius?), France (Leo), Germany (Aries), Greece (Virgo), Italy (Leo), Netherlands (Cancer, Taurus), Poland (Taurus, Aquarius, Aries), Portugal (Pisces), Romania (Leo), Russia (Taurus), Spain (Sagittarius), Sweden (Aquarius), Switzerland (Virgo) and Turkey (Virgo).

I have often found that the winner in such charts is shown by the ascandant. Capricorn is on the ascendant. Saturn, the lord of the ascendant, is in Virgo, intercepted in the 7th, accompanied by the Moon's South Node. Virgo is Greece, Turkey, Switzerland or Croatia. All four countries are qualified. Saturn is square the Midheaven through signs of long ascension. Saturn lacks essential dignities but is in reception with Venus. Venus is in the exaltation and triplicity of Saturn, Saturn is in her triplicity and face. But Saturn is weakened by the presence of the South node and according to this impediment my judgement is that these teams shall not prevail.

Mars, almuten of the ascendant, gaining 6 essential dignities by exaltation and term, and who also is lord of the hour, is in Cancer, representing the Netherlands. But since Mars is both retrograde and cadent, he does not represent the winner.

Any nation represented by Capricorn would benefit in this tournament, due to the agreement between the ascendant and the lord of the hour. This could prove an advantage to the Germans (Aries), considering their significator Mars has dignities in the ascendant by both exaltation and term.

The Moon, who is co-significator of the question, is on the cusp of the 5th, in the terms of Venus, and she does apply to the dispositor of her terms by trine. Venus is in her own sign and on her own throne as it were. She is in the nonagesimal and square the ascendant, where she has dignities by triplicity. I therefore judge that the winner may be taken by the position of Venus. Venus opposes the exaltation degree of the Sun, and is therefore in his fall, but because she is sat own her throne, she is apt to maintain her pose - and is a representation of Leo!

Fortuna is in the 3rd degree of Leo, in an angular house, and square the exaltation degree of the Moon. Fortuna is in trine with her dispositor, the Sun, who is culiminating in the chart and in the degree of the nodes. By gathering all testimonies I therefore choose to look for a team and nation represented by Leo [Remember the 2006 World Cup - I had either Italy or France down as winners. The teams met eachother in the final with Italy drawing the longest straw!]

I wouldn't be suprized to see Germany in the 2008 final, facing a Leo nation, or we could get a repeat of the World Cup finals between Italy and France. In view of Fortuna in the West, with both Moon and Venus in Western signs, in the Western hemisphere - I give advantage to France. Venus in her own sign and in opposition to the exaltation degree of the Sun would correctly signify France as they were the followers up in the 2006 World Cup Championships.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Fascinating stuff, Andrew :) Will you be placing your bet now? France are around 8/1. They are 3rd favourite behind Germany and Italy, so it would appear the bookies agree with your top picks!

Re: UEFA EURO 2008 Finals

Andrew J. Bevan wrote: http://www.astronor.com/UEFAEuro08.gif

I have often found that the winner in such charts is shown by the ascandant.
Just one of those annoying questions by me...sure that you are used to it by now :wink:

I ask the same question about the Euro 2008 winner: 26th November 2007, 20:40 - Leeds, England. 8 Leo on the asc.
Is the answer still the same?

I dont see how that could have any relevance whatsoever, unless you do it as an event natal ie start of the Euro 2008 finals campaign. Discuss?

Of course, you did say it was an initial approach. 8)

That's great! You appear to have entered your post at 6.39 p.m. and then asked your question two hours later! There is no relation between the lord of the hour and the radical ascendant or it's lord. If you want to judge this chart, go ahead and tell us what you come up with. I am interested to hear.

By the way, I will cross my fingers and do a hand-stand for Croatia, but please tell me why I should put money on them??
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:That's great! You appear to have entered your post at 6.39 p.m. and then asked your question two hours later! There is no relation between the lord of the hour and the radical ascendant or it's lord. If you want to judge this chart, go ahead and tell us what you come up with. I am interested to hear.
You what? :)
I think you missed the point (look at your lottery post as an example of me missing your point)

I dont want to judge this chart. I was asking about the method of using horary to find the Euro 2008 winner. As you can see, you have one and so do I, both different. Should look to the 10th for the winner?
Different answer in both.
I'm asking you to justify the method used if you feel ok doing that, please.
Andrew J. Bevan wrote: By the way, I will cross my fingers and do a hand-stand for Croatia, but please tell me why I should put money on them??
Astrologically?
I've been on that case for a while now, even before I really looked at the astrology of it.
A better way would be for you, or anyone else on this forum, to attempt the working out yourself and see if the same conclusion is met.

If 1 person out of 100 thinks it so, not gonna carry much weight. If 40 out 100 agree, that is much better.

Looks like you got the ball rolling...

If you can answer my "ethical" question about predicting by horary, I would be eternally indebted. Maybe others might want to hear that too, you do seem quite an intelligent speaker.

I think you missed the point (look at your lottery post as an example of me missing your point)
Winning the lotto is like trying to hit a bucket with a coin by throwing it out the train window with your eyes closed somewhere on the stretch between London-Newcastle.

However, I am fascinated with the magic of astrology and don't mind sticking my head forward in the attempt to create a plausable case where the unlikely actually does occur. Apart from one 3rd prize with the odds being 1:28.000, I have not yet been able to repeat the experiment. but that does not mean that I have not learnt anything about astrology by carrying out this exercise.

I don't understand why you submit a chart to be judged if you do not intend to judge it - if anything the chart not being radical would be an indication of your intentions. Personally, I attempted to be both thorough and detailed throughout my jugdement of the given chart but I still think that the question is open for discussion. That is what the forum is about.

You will find horaries on my website that predicted the winners of the World Cup 1986, 2006 and Eurovision Song Contest 1987 but I do not always cast charts for these events.

I still fail to see why you are in favour of Croatia. You are still welcome to commit your ideas, particulary since you advised to put our money on the team.

Andrew,
This is very interesting topic and very chalanging. I am very interested to find right method to pick up winner from all participants. Your analyses is very detailed.
I would like to try Frawleys method that he mentioned in his new book, and it is:
"...look for the planet that first aspects L10 or, failing that, has an immediate conjuctionwith the MC"
Moon in Ge is the first planet that aspect Ju, but we have no country in this contestwhich is in that sign.
Noone planet has immediate conjuction with the MC, so we have no lucky with that method.
If we look for most strength planet in this chart thay are Sa, Ve and Su.
AD
Sa=17
Ve=12
Su=13
Because this is no big difference we add ED and get after that
Sa=12
Ve=17
Su=16
If we use method "keep it simple"
Ve is in Li-that is Austria
Su is in Sag-that is Spain.
If we look by chinese astrology, my vote goes to Austria, because next chinese year is Rat, which support Dragon (Austria, nat.team founded 1904) and do not support Rooster(Spain, nat.team founded 1909).
I am a bit confused that sport kit of Austria is white/red so that does not fit, but according by Beth Koch Libra can mean contrasting colors, like black/whate, so I hope this white/red combination fit.
On more thing, Ve is on Spica!!!
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

Andrew J. Bevan wrote: I don't understand why you submit a chart to be judged if you do not intend to judge it - if anything the chart not being radical would be an indication of your intentions.
I give up. I thought explaining it like a 6 year old would help.
I dont want to judge this chart. I was asking about the method of using horary to find the Euro 2008 winner. As you can see, you have one and so do I, both different. Should look to the 10th for the winner?
Different answer in both.
I'm asking you to justify the method used if you feel ok doing that, please.

Goca, it's good to see you :D Regarding what you said about JF's method
Noone planet has immediate conjuction with the MC, so we have no lucky with that method.
The Sun is applying to conjoin the MC, which brings us to Leo again - France and Italy - which is the same conclusion that Andrew reached.

I'm glad you're still looking at the Chinese method. Austria winning would be a great prediction!

The Sun is applying to conjoin the MC, which brings us to Leo again - France and Italy - which is the same conclusion that Andrew reached.
Yes, I saw this, but I think it is not immediate conjuction, it is nearly 4,5 degrees orb, immediate conjunction will be 1-eventualy 2 degrees in my opinion.

Andrew,
But Saturn is weakened by the presence of the South node and according to this impediment my judgement is that these teams shall not prevail.
I am not sure this is a good judgement. This is longterm prediction and Sa separate from South Node, not applay and will separate more. Fathermore, orbis is not so close, 6 degrees.
Last edited by Goca on Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/