horse racing 2007-8

Thought I would post my results whenever I do the scoop6.

My technique is stated on another thread. And unless I say different I will have picked 2 horses in 4 races and 1 in the other two.
And unless I say different I will have relied only on astrology athough I might look at the odds if having difficulty choosing between two.

Last week was my first attempt since last March. I forgot how time consuming it is and my concentration is still suffering after getting concussion a few weeks ago (***)

So results for 17th November ( after many obstacles were overcome to place the bet..***....) were
1st race :2nd
2nd race : no placings
3rd race : first ( my only choice)
4th race : 3rd ( also single choice)
5th race: 2nd
6th race : no placings

This wasn't terribly good - although I got 4 races my second choices didn't do well and the winners especialy in one case weren't that obvious.
A lot of favourites won and I have tended to hesitate about betting on them but am learning - if the race is difficult to call then some money on the favourite won't go amiss.

( *** prizes available for guessing the relevant transits for me at present !!).

So now this week 24th November

It took me a long time and I screwed up the last race by running the transits at the wrong time and having to rush to amend it just before betting (yep; those transits again!!). Also failed to notice that 3 races were flat races which means less chance of falls etc.

Races
1: No placing - but I had written "worth watching" aginst the winner and stupidly bet on the favourite instead. Difficult to see the attractions of 2 and 3 though
The winner was actually easy if you looked - it was a fillies race and a female jockey and lots of venus and moon transits showed up.
But I live and learn.

2. 3rd - a case of a difficult one to call and favorites did well
3. 2nd and 3rd
4. 1st ( single choice)
5. 2nd and 3rd again
6. 2nd (single choice) - though because of the problems above I did rush this a bit and bet on favourite. The MC of the race chart was Capricorn and the winner Capricorn Run which had mecury conjoining the race MC - don't know why I backed off from it really - just got in a bit of a muddle really.

So overall a better result and there were no inexplicables this week.

Experienced punters will wonder, with these results, why I am doing scoop6 and not betting on "each ways" in the individual races. But I decided to go for big prizes sometime rather than regular winnings.

Keen eyed punters will also note that my best results are often single choices. That's becuase some races have clear astrological winners - in which case no need to hedge by betting on more than one - whereas others are less easy to call.

Hi Amelia,

Thanks for these interesting posts. Good to see you're back on the horses again :) The scoop6 is a real challenge as it's difficult enough to get one winner in a day, let alone six!

Sorry to hear about the concussion. I'm not too good on natal transits, but confusion and muddle - Neptune? You also mentioned obstacles - Saturn? Possibly afflicting Mercury? I don't know, but I hope you're feeling better soon. Keep us posted on your progress :)

Best wishes,
Ficina

What transit were you going through?
I will take a guess at a positive 5th house ruler aspect. You didnt do too bad at all. 5th to 5th, 1st to 5th.

Will see if I can post mine in future, have a little competition to liven it up :lala

Here's another thing to look at: set an event chart for the 1st race, look to the 1st and 5th rulers for an aspect. Basically, looking to see if the scoop6 can be won on the day or not. You can bet on it.

The Scoop6 must be very difficult, as punting is confined to set races. If a chart fails to highlight a likely winner, my experience has been to leave well alone; with the Scoop6 one cannot do this.
If a chart doesn't highlight a winner and doesn't show any obvious reason why the favourite should fail, then it is probably wise to include the favourite in the selections. What happens when there are joint or co-favourites?!

pipedreamer
yep it's difficult - but I have an addiction to difficulty (a chart which contains just neptune and saturn :lol: )

So I persist...
Due to leaving insufficient time this week I speeded up my analysis - dropping a number of minor aspects and focussing almost entirely on apsects to the MC and ASc of the race charts.

1st December
Race 1: 1st ( single choice) - this was the favourite by the time the race started though not at the time I picked
Race 2: 1st
The two top bookies' picks came up on this one as the horses were born on the same day. one won, one fell -that's why, without birthtimes as well as dates, this method will never be perfect.
Race 3 " 2nd
My first choice in this race was also a favourite by the time the race started but got pulled up. My second choice, that came in second, I was particularly drawn to as it shared my jupiter position. The winner I
had as well rated but not down to win.
Race 4 : 3rd ( things were going downhill!!)
At least this time I had the winner down as "best choice' on my list - but that left me with the two outsiders so I put one bet on the second favourite instead ( which fell at first)
Race 5 : 3rd ( single choice)
This was the hot favourite and showed up really well on the chart but the winner did have a jupiter sextile to the race MC which I missed and it was otherwise unexciting but safe so with more effort this one could have been identified.
Race 6 : Total failure.
But I picked two horses and one became a non runner automatically transferring my bet to the favourite. My third choice did in fact come in second and I mixed up my analysis on the winner as by then I was in a rush to finish.

So not too bad overall - if it hadn't been for the non runner I would have got my stake+ back on the place pot. It is my hope to be able to do that about every 5 weeks or so.

I do need to work more on fallers- I have some data but have never bothered to analyse it. So more work needed. However the positive is that my coments besides each chart really seem to come right
Examples:
Mars on race ascendant - "early leader" - actually got a bit of a head start
Various mars jupiter sun squares - "too eager" often fade later
Few favourable aspects " In the wrong race" - usually somewhere at the back
Favourable aspects but not quite right and perhaps separating. "just misses it" riders tend to fall but horses don't.
etc.

Ficina
The aspects that I think were relevant for my concussion:
Well generally mercury has just progressed from 12th into 1st so head is presumable vulnerable to a few tricks.
On the day transiting mars was trine transiting retrograde mercury which was a "helpful" trigger
And saturn ( my first house ruler) was exactly conjoining my progressed uranus - surprising lack of space for my head!! and approching semi square to my ascendant.
I don't have an exact time but the moon may have been cojoining my prog sun too.
I presume my continued other hassles are just more saturn & some mars stuff- you know the sort of thing.

I assume the fifth race was the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle (3.30pm)? Lovely chart which would demonstrate to Aquirata my point about a planet on the wrong side of an angle.
Lord 1 was Mercury, neatly decribing the favourite - Katchit - who was the only 4yo and is also small. Mercury is in the 6th house, only minutes from the 7th cusp, but by my experience, still in the 6th and so weak.
Jupiter had nothing going aganist it, plus was dispositor of Fortuna and the North Node. With no name leaping out, the second favourite should have prevailed - it did, but as joint 2nd fav. Harchibald, the winner is a large horse, so physically of Jupiter stature.
I wonder why John Frawley can read an aspect such as that of Mercury successfully in charts for football and just about everything else, when I would take the opposite view (successfully) for horseracing charts?

Saturday 8th Dec. As fields were smaller I only chose 1 horse in each of 4 races this week and 2 in the other 2.

There is good news and bad news.
The good news
Race 1 : 1st
2: 3rd
3: 1st
4: 3rd
5: 1st
6: 3rd

There are two lots of bad news. The first is that some of the races were small and 3rd in the 6th race didn't count towards the place pot. So no cash for me.

The second bit of bad news is far more serious. I didn't use astrology :lol: :( :?

Being rather occupied with social engagements I didn't have time to look at the charts as before so I decided that I would conduct this as a kind of control week.

I did cast my eye over the race charts but other than race 2 I didn't use horse charts and that was only because I just had a gut feeling that the hot favourite wouldn't win so I looked at some others instead.

So races 1, 3, 4 and 6 are based solely on fancied names with race 4 somewhat on my knowledge of the horses previous form too. Race 5 is on name connection to something relevant for me.

Oh dear.
This was the one week when a bad result would have had an upside. Maybe my results have nothing to do with my system at all and everything to do with my birthchart? Back to drawing board.

Have been a little busy lately, but here are details of the last 4 weeks? experiences.

15th December
Social engagements took precedence and I was not able to do anything this week

22nd December
Despite social engagements I did do this. Probably badly rushed but we will never know as one of the race meetings was cancelled. So I only got results for 4 races which were pretty much in line with normal but useless for the stats.

I am afraid I didn?t do any of the festive specials. Yes, unsurprisingly, more social commitments!

29th December
My worst week so far.
Race 1 : 2nd
Race 2: No placing ? but they did ok
Race 3: My horses came nowhere ? oh dear
Race 4: 2nd
Race 5: Single choice was last to finish ? but many didn?t so I suppose that?s consolation of sorts
Race 6: 1st.( single choice)

Assessment wide this week was a bit of a mixed bad too. Probably needs a complete review later to see where I went wrong.

5th January
Race 1: 4th ( single choice)
Race 2: Terrible result - both choices well down in field
Race 3: 2nd
Race 4: 3rd
Race 5: 3rd ( single choice)
Race 6 :2nd

On the basis of the stats alone this was not a good week either. However my notes showed that the flaws were made in that last stage of selecting the potential winners. The assessments of most of the fields each time were actually quite good. Choosing the winner requires looking for that extra something and I tend to look a lot at aspects to the race MC for this. However, sometimes horses will have significant transits to the MC for quite the opposite reasons.

First race: This horse stumbled on one of the final fences and lost ground as a result. My note for it was ?potentially good but watch Saturn square MC? The winner I had marked as ?interesting?
Second race:. Though I had positive comments written against the first and second placed horses
Third race: overall assessments not bad
Fourth race: I need to revisit this one as the winner did not stand out at all.
Fifth race: Similar to fourth ? I discounted the eventual winner completely, though otherwise my assessments were ok
Sixth race: Ok ? had the winner marked as important ? just made the wrong choice at the end.

12th Jan here for completeness, and to prove I am being honest, but not with much pride- my feeble excuse is I got both bogged down in detail and distracted by other issues. But it is not much of a reason. I would have done better to pull names from a hat!

Race 1: 3rd ( single choice)
Race 2: no placing- only 6 finished
Race 3: No placings
Race 4: No placings
Race 5: Not placed ( single choice)
Race 6 : No placings

Then on 19th , I did my analysis only to discover when I went online to place my bet that one of the race meetings had been called off and there was no scoop6.Even the other races weren?t really valid as all the other races started late as well.

However this week. 26th Jan things went back to normal. I actually devoted enough time to do the analysis properly and, as no-one won ( moon void) this week?s big scoop6 jackpot ( venus conj Jupiter cnj pluto), I am quite happy with my results:
Race 1 :1st
Race 2: 2nd ( single choice)- my choice was actually winning until close to end
Race 3: No placings ? I didn?t watch this and haven?t read the synopsis yet to see what happened to my choices
Race 4: 1st and 3rd
Race 5 : 1st ( single choice)
Race 6 1st
my other choice was out in front for a chunk of the race too.

Quite a few winners were favourites or second favourites so no real commendations vs. other methods, although it is nice to see the astrology agreeing with the form analysis when the latter prevails. But Race 5 is my particular favourite as I went back twice to double check my choice as it just wasn?t featuring in the bookies favourites. But I stuck with the astrology and was rewarded. If I gave up on scoop6 these are the types of choices I would be making individual bets on. But i'm not giving up - i've have given myself 5 winter seasons in which to try to win the jackpot. The aim this year is only to get 6 races with placed horses... so close but yet so far!

Haven?t got round to updating this for a while. So here we go.
Well, things are going downhill rapidly:

February 2nd
Rushed it ? Went out partying on Friday evening and had to leave London early Saturday so was never going to be my best effort?.
Race 1 : Single choice not placed. Though my 2nd and 3rd choices were 1st and 2nd.
Race 2: 4th only and second choice came 12th. oh dear
Actually I did very badly on this ? not identifying any of the top 3.
Race 3: 2nd , was also bookies favourite but I had the winner as a close thing too, and it was a relative outsider
Race 4: 1st ( single choice)
Not the favourite which I again correctly identified as not being placed
Race 5: 3rd
And again the 1st and 2nd were in my contenders list
Race 6: 3rd.
The 1st was my 3rd choice, and also the favourite, and my other choice came in 5th

Still mediocre results frankly, but overall underlying analysis mostly positive. Especially as my mind was not 100% focussed this week. Still I was feeling upbeat which seems to make a difference to my results. No sure why yet.

February 9th
Oh dear.
Definitely not upbeat this week. Couldn?t get out of bed until it was too late to do full analysis.
So I didn?t : at least not on all the races. So it is interesting in terms of my discoveries.
I only chose I horse in 4 races and chose 5 in one big race as I was in the dark a bit.
And I have only sketchy notes but let?s see what I can recall.

Race 1: 1st.
Think I did vaguely use the charts here as there were only a few horse running. My horse beat a strongly backed favourite.
Race 2: No placing. I used symbolism for this but I had reservations. The chart had the moon close the MC ? so I picked ?Moon over Miami?. But I wondered?. If the MC is already past the moon ? won?t that mean the event is in the past. And so it turned out. MOM played up before the race and then did not go on to perform in the race. A bad bet but brilliant information for the future.
Race 3: No placing ? single choice.
Another one where I went for chart symbolism. I think. Though I have no notes so I might have gone for the name. Anyway the winner Tino Tino summed up the MC ruler in Gemini neatly.
Race 4: I chose 5 horses and one came in 4th. Great! What a result.
It was the only race where I did full analysis. But couldn?t narrow things down much even then. The only consolation is that none of the bookies top 6 choices the night before came in either! One to revisit.

Race 5: No placing
Race 6: 4th My other choice ( also the bookies second favourite) fell.
The winner was a total outsider which I don?t appear to have bothered to look at . The favourite which I had a question mark over came 2nd.

February 16

Race 1: No placings (single choice)
Race 2: 2ND
Race 3: 2nd and 3rd
Race 4: 1st
Race 5: 2nd
Race 6: 4th ( single choice)

In a reversal of previous experience, my single choices are now not performing.
I would like to give more information, but I didn?t write things up this week due to other commitments so have forgotten the bigger picture.
Except that I almost got 1st and 2nd in race 4. The second horse to catch my attention was a big outsider and I had a failure of courage to back it.
I think generally it was a week when overall the horses came out much where they should do within a place or 2.

February 23

This week was dominated by internet problems leading to time pressures and me being very tired. So I did rush this week but still???.
Race 1: No placings ? though my choice led till close the end
Race 2: 2nd
Race 3:No placings My choice also the favourite fell at 3rd last whilst leading.
Race 4: No placings
Race 5: 3rd
Race 6: No placings
Bad. Very bad.
Actually in race 1, race 4 I did have the first placed horses as contender, and even race six I had positive comments on the first. Race 5 was actually the worst where I failed to highlight the winner at all.

March 1:
A dreadful week in terms of the ability to separate the horses from each other. Interestingly the Racing post pre-race comments suggested they weren?t doing much better.

Race stats
Race 1: Single choice not placed ? but second choice did come second.
Not easy to understand the winner of this one. But none of the horses really stood out astrologically.
Race 2: 2nd
Another race where nothing looked exciting. Racing post described it as ?open? I?d second that.
Race 3: no placings. However this was a big field and both 1st and 2nd choice were in my shortlist ? market ?promise? and ?important,? sadly I put my money on the other two, even though in my second review I almost reconsidered.
At least it was possible to pick things that stood out in this race- unfortunately that still left a lot of ok?s with nothing outstanding. Racing post comment ?uninspiring field? My comment ? ?astrological hell?
Race 4: 1st
My particular success of the week, not just because I chose the winner but because the hot favourite wasn?t placed and was not in my list of potential choices either. My top 5 included 4 of the final top 5 with that favourite not among them.
Race 5: 2nd ( single choice) And my second choice was first.
Actually this was the smallest field but the hardest of all to read. I put it down to the fact that Neptune was on the descendant of the race chart and all the horses Neptunes? squared the MC.
I gave up in the natal charts and resorted to the symbolism only. And finally narrowed it down between the straight Neptune choice ?cloudy lane? and the ruler of the MC choice Venus in aquarius cojoining mercury ? ?Ungaro?. With Alderburn a possible third. Again the favourite Mr Appointment just didn?t look to be likely. And the result confirmed this.
Race 6: No placings
Frankly throwing darts would have been as good as anything on this one. Despite 2 long reviews I got no clues. Well I did, once again, correctly rule out the favourites, but after that had 4 horses listed as ?ok?, ?not bad at all?, ?quite good? and ?no but watch great aspect to MC?. Sadly I then picked the wrong two of the four- else I would have had 1st and 2nd.

Ah well, it is all good learning experience.

March 8
Another bad week. No excuse. I left myself plenty of time as there were 90 horses ( usually there are 60-70) to look at. Just hardly anything stood out.

Stats for what they are worth
Race 1: No placings
2: No placings
3: No placings ? particularly brilliant disaster since there were only 4 runners and I managed to pick the 4th!
4: 1st
Race 4 choice was the favourite but the astrology showed it very strongly in a very large field. It basically dominated the race. So the system does work - it was just that the races were very open
5: No placings
6: No placings
In some cases my lowere choices were ok, but still a dart would have found more winners. Well Saturn is opposing my Jupiter so what do you expect? I haven' read the race synopses yet and might have more info when I do.

Thanks for your update; I find what you are doing very interesting as I've spent a great part of the last seventeen years struggling with charts for horseraces.
Race 4 8th March was presumably the Imperial Cup? Do you feel able to share why you chose the favourite please? The rising south node would have bothered me, as it does for the four biggest races each day of next week's Cheltenham Festival - all due off at 3.15pm.
I can understand the appeal of the Scoop 6 but do you find you are making judgements using charts you would otherwise leave alone? Have you ever tried to remain highly selective to reduce any error rate? You may detect that I have concluded self-discipline is needed.