Birmingham in blue and white. Villa in claret and sky blue. No idea how those fit with Saturn or Sun.
Neither can I. Aquarius, even with murky saturn as ruler, feels like blue to me, maybe .... Well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In my experience I am doing a lot better when I don't put money on it. :)
Lately I skip the game with very close odds; just too difficult to determine who will be favourite.
I didn't look at this chart, just at Bolton Wanderers-Middlesbrough (Moon trine L10)
and Portsmouth-Manchester C. (fav. win by default option, no testimonies).
Too busy with Ajax...
I should know pretty soon now how Bolton W. did....
[/quote]

Or maybe we should be more realistic in our expectations. Although we'd like 100% accuracy, we have to accept that sometimes we get it wrong or the method isn't foolproof or whatever.

In his book, John Frawley is very vague about this and doesn't give any percentages. He says in certain conditions his method works best, and in others not so well. So even he isn't claiming 100% success. In her interview with Garry Phillipson
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/brady.html
Bernadette Brady claims she got 72-75% accuracy with her method for predicting Australian rules football games. She goes on to say "as long as you can get better than a 60% prediction rate, that's good enough to make money on".

Now 60% sounds an awful lot less than 100% but when you think about it, this means getting 6 results correct out of 10 or 3 correct out of 5. As we know, this isn't easy.

It takes time and effort to work out one's own percentage accuracy. I'd be interested to know if anybody has tried it.

I`d deleted my earlier post before reading Ficina`s.

I don`t know my percentage but if we can get only 60% right, we want to place bets when we are correct(60%) and not when we are wrong(40%).

if we can get only 60% right, we want to place bets when we are correct(60%) and not when we are wrong(40%).
I think that only works when we place lots of small bets, actually on every game we have a look at. We need to be correct a lot more than 60 %, as usually the favourites win and the odds are low. And we have to allow for draws (very hard to predict as I found out yesterday: (VOC Moon, no testimonies or only minor; 4 out of 5 games ended in a draw, even the ones with minor testimonies for the favourites). I sometimes spread by bets on both one team winning and a draw. That way I win less, but have a much bigger chance of being right. I wish I had done so yesterday :(
So the next rule is: be consistent. Even when you are often wrong for a certain time, don't chance your habits. That is the hardest, I think.
And be honest with yourself. Is it worth all the work? (I think it is fun, and everybody is entitled to a hobby :) )

We can work hard can`t we, as this is so much fun ,
though it may be a long way till I can make a comfortable living out of this...
It is easiest on major games. I once made 300 Euros on the semi finals and the finals of the EC 4 years ago. Same with the finals of the CL that year. I really loved being able to predict that Portugal would win the EC when they were definately not the favourites (and doing so when they still had to play the semi finals (horary).
I love the feeling of triumpf :)
Remember when Liverpool won (I think it was also a CL). They were the underdog, but I knew they would make it . They did need an awful long time to do it, though :)

I cannot wait for other major games to come. I love that feeling, but so far it is all past glory. The WC 2006 were a disaster. I think I got everything wrong (which in itself is rather a miracle; statistically speaking I should have had some hits.)

In the meantime I work hard at perfecting my technique (and lose some money in the process!) Maybe I should bet with make-believe money, see how I do then. Pretend I bet and see how much I win or lose and keep a record of it. Even more work, but it would give some reality to this game and it is not so costly if I fail.
Oh, this is so much fun!

So this evening we have Reading v Arsenal, 8pm GMT, Asc 19,30 Cancer. Needless to say, Arsenal are odds-on faves.

Moon conj Jupiter (L10). I don't see any other testimonies.

Faves get Asc = Arsenal win.
Home team get Asc = Draw?

I'd like to look at the colour method but I seem to have a mental block when it comes to assigning colours :? Presumably Reading will be in their usual blue and white, Arsenal in their usual red and white. Does anyone have any ideas?

Moon conj Jupiter (L10). I don't see any other testimonies.
John says in his book that conjunctions of the Moon are final, but
I have some indications that that is not always so.
If I look at the last aspect the Moon makes within 5-6 degrees, there is the conjunction with Pluto. Pluto harms the favourites, so it might be a draw... Pluto has the flavour of shooting in you own foot, or in football terms: causing a penalty or own goal or something like that... Of course I have only seen that with Pluto on the Ascendant. Last week there was a game with Pluto on the MC and the favs won anyway, so no garantees :)

As to colours: I have no idea either.

The game has started 15mins, 0-0. Its 4am here in my country and I just woke up to watch the game.

L1 is also Jupiter. (Moon's Dispositor).
Arsenal Favorites, Arsenal Red = Ascendent.
They should win this.