Football Predictions November 2007

I agree with Gem that Arsenal v Man Utd will probably be a draw. Moon in 7th might swing it for ManU but it's a long way from the cusp and it's difficult to see Arsenal being beaten at home.

Blackburn v Liverpool has Moon applying to conj Saturn (L10) but the S Node could mess it up. Blackburn are doing really well at the moment. What does anyone else think?

Rohan,
If you are taking into consideration the Moon/S Node aspect, wouldn't that be a negative testimony for ManU since they are signified by the Moon?

Leelee,
Why do you think it will be a draw?

I'm still interested to hear people's thoughts on the Blackburn match. Anyone? :)

The Moon(ManU) and Saturn(Arsenal) are conjunct, which indicates that they are equal in strength(without considering essential diginities). One curious feature of the chart is that the Moon first opposites the Part of Success before applying to the S Node. I`d be more hopeful for ManU if this is conjunction but I`m not sure about opposition.
wouldn't that be a negative testimony for ManU since they are signified by the Moon?
This is an interesting point. Do you think it`s a negative testimony, Ficina?

Re the Blackburn/Liverpool chart, Blackburn has been doing well but slow Mercury under the horizon won`t be able to perform well. I would say it`s definitely Liverpool`s win if the Moon is not conjoining the S Node and then Saturn, but as it is it can be a draw again.

I`ve thought about one of the questions Ficina raised above.
The aspects the Moon shows the course of event; the fact the Moon is applying to the S Node is likely to have some impact on the outcome of the game itself but not necessarily on the team represented by the Moon. Nevertheless I don`t like it when the Moon is taken as a main sig and have tried to look at the exaltation ruler Jupiter instead but have not come to any conclusion.

I`m sorry to commnet on the question intended for Rohan. Of course I`d love to hear what he and others think about this too.

One more question for Rohan. Are Premier League matches broadcast in India?

Arsenal v Man Utd
12.45pm, 3 Nov
Islington, England
51N33, 00W06

Blackburn v Liverpool
5.15pm, 3 Nov
Blackburn, England
53N45, 02W29

Sorry, Andrew, I don't know how to post the charts.

Gem, you raise some interesting points.
I don`t like it when the Moon is taken as a main sig and have tried to look at the exaltation ruler Jupiter instead but have not come to any conclusion.
I don't like it either because it's confusing. John Frawley says the same, and he uses the Moon's dispositor as the sig, but he also says he never feels confident making a prediction when Cancer is on 1st or 7th.

Re Moon conj S Node. I don't think it's close enough in the Arsenal match, almost 5 degs, so I didn't consider it. However, it's much closer in the Blackburn match and, as I said, my concern is its interference with the Moon's aspect to Saturn. You're right about the slow Mercury - I hadn't spotted that. Jupiter is conj 8th but will be moving through 7th. Oh dear, I'm even more confused now :-?

ManU to Win!
I'll give my support to ManU - assuming that the guests are ruled by the descendant. That makes it more interesting. Leo is intercepted in the 7th and the Sun is elevated. Cancer on the cusp of the 7th, ruled by Mars by triplicity. Mars is present in Cancer and gives strength to the 7th. Mars receives the trine of the elevated Sun in Scorpio (ManU), who is in his own face and the domicile of Mars.

Seen in another way, Mercury, who still is slow, is at a right angle with both Asc and Des, but casts a square through signs of long ascension to the Descendant.

If Arsenal is signified by the ascendant, then either Saturn submits to the detriments of Virgo, Venus, South node and the Moon - or by exaltation, Mars will still play the ball into the control of the guests.

In Christian Astrology Lilly considers a semi-sextile to the ascendant through signs of long ascension and interprets it as a sextile. Here Pluto casts a semi-sextile through signs of long ascension to the midheaven in Scorpio, while Algol is with the IC. It could prove hard to defend the home ground (?)
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Ficina,

I am agree with Gem's observations that the applying Moon will have impact on the outcome of the game but not on the team it signifies.

Yes, EPL matches brodcast in India though we are crazy for cricket:) We have many states like West Bengal, Kerala, Goa are extremly crazy for Football. I am though belong to Gujarat State which is not so keen on Football.
Warm Regards,
Rohaan Joshii

Ficina wrote: Leelee,
Why do you think it will be a draw?
1. Most pundits going for a draw.
2. Without even looking at the chart, I am already expecting a draw.
3. All of us here thinks it will be a draw.
4. After looking at chart, everything seems equal nothing special, if you were to advance the Moon, still nothing, except that you will see the Moon applying conjunction to SN, which imo it does not really mean anything. Moon always shows the flow of events, therefore its dispositor Mercury will stand in as Lord 7.

I think this game has a boring goaless draw written all over it.

But if I were to be force into choosing, I will probably pick the Dsc team, in this case the underdogs and accept the asian handicap odds of -0.25, whcih means I will win even if its a draw. Because the Moon is so close to Regulus and dispositor Mercury conjunts Spica and Arcturus.

Finally, using the color method who gets the Asc?
Arsenal will be in usual red/white and ManU most likely Black. It seems like ManU will be Asc? But Arsenal are the favorites.... :-? Like Ficina, I am just as confused.

Perhaps we should just forget about picking the winner and focus on predicting the number of goals in this game. I'd say 0 to 1 goal.

I think the Blackburn game will be another draw, the Asc will equalise very late in the game. 1-1 Draw. :D

It sounds as if the forum can't make heads or tails of the Arsenal-ManU match but have decided to put astrology in for an 0-1 draw. I hope nobody decides to pass verdict on astrology upon these conclusions.

Does anyone feel the need to apply a stricture that may warn upon passing judgement?
http://www.astronor.com