Seven out of the eight games played last night were won by the home teams, who I guess were the faves but I'm not totally sure about that. The Liverpool result was a bit of a shock. I should think they were expected to win so, yeah, Pluto might well be a factor.

Liverpool's sig was Saturn and the home team's sig was the Moon(above the ground). or Was I looking at the wrong chart again?
Last edited by Gem on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, you are looking at the right chart. Sorry, I didn't have time to look at the charts last night. As you say, Moon above horizon just about in 10th seems to be the only testimony.

Going away from the ko chart for a second...Looking at McClaren's natal, I put Aries on Asc. Leo on 6th.
21st November - Sun trine Mars. An excellent aspect even if he's not Aries rising.

Croatia are an excellent team and can see them causing England a lot of trouble, but at Wembley, England have a clear advantage and will win.
Though it might all be for nothing.
Using the natal chart of England from the 1st match played, it would look good there on that day too.

What's the word on the Israel/Russia match?

What's the word on the Israel/Russia match?
That's what I want to know too. It looks good for Israel but as you know, you never know. Benitez should have rested Benayoun at the weekend...

I'm a student of traditional Astrology so I've never looked at asteroids before so this is like cluchicng at straws, but I've found asteroids called Israel, Russia, Italia and Scotland, to my amazement. I'm sceptical about their effects and wouldn't use them in nativities but interestingly, asteroid Russia is exactly squared by Pluto and asteroid Israel is squared by Venus in 4th.

And what's the word on the Scotland/Italy match, anyone?
I've looked at the chart again and I have to take back what I wrote previously again :oops: Italy are the likely winners...
Last edited by Gem on Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Benitez should have rested Benayyune at the weekend...
Absolutely :(

I've nothing to add to what I said before. Looks like wins for Italy and Russia. Those who prefer to give the Asc to the faves would say the opposite presumably?

Asteroid stuff is interesting :)

Ficina
Are you by any chance still looking at the 1500 kick off chart?
According to the UEFA site, the kickoff is at 20.00 local time(15 Cancer 0).
Do you still see any clear testimonies for Russia?

I have to make a correction: there's actually no asteroid called Scotland. There are ones called Scott and Scotti, though.

I had less luck with the asteroids resembling the names of the Premier League clubs:
Arsinoe
Asta
Blackee
Bolotov
Chelsagloria
Eva
Fulton
Mancunia
Redman

Are you by any chance still looking at the 1500 kick off chart?
According to the UEFA site, the kickoff is at 20.00 local time(15 Cancer 0).
Do you still see any clear testimonies for Russia?
Oh gosh, yes, I've been looking at the wrong chart. Thanks, Gem :) That certainly changes things. I can only see one testimony in the chart and that's Venus (L4) conj PoF, which would still favour Russia unless we give them the Asc as odds-on faves. What do you reckon?

I love those asteroid names, especially Bolotov :lol:

I can only see one testimony in the chart and that's Venus (L4) conj PoF, which would still favour Russia
Venus is conjunct the part of Spirit(which is weaker than POF in football charts) and the POF is in the 10th, which favours Israel. Their sig( the Moon) being above the ground is another good sign for Israel but that's about it, apart form the astroid stuff I mentioned.
Mars can be a co-sig for Israel as it's on AC. It's squared by anticion of POF. Is it a bad sign?
Can England sitll be hopeful?

I don't reverse the formula for calculating PoF in a night chart. I've gone through phases of reversing/not reversing. I've seen arguments for both methods, but the one John mentions in his book (which I've not heard before) has convinced me not to reverse - for the time being anyway :)

I don't reverse the formula for calculating PoF in a night chart
That's interesting...
the one John mentions in his book (which I've not heard before) has convinced me not to reverse
I'm very curious to know his arguements...

To speak about my own experience, I always look at both and have found so far the part of spirit not as active or effective as POF(reversed ones).

I always look at both and have found so far the part of spirit not as active or effective as POF(reversed ones).
That's interesting too. How have you found it to affect antiscion PoF or have you not looked at this?

John's argument is that the position of PoF is a charting of the Moon's phase throughout the month, and that the Moon's phase doesn't change as soon as it gets dark. The PoF works its way round the signs through the course of a lunar month. You can see this quite clearly if you look at an animated chart. It does one circuit and a bit in 24 hours, then the same over 28 days. I'd never actually noticed this before.

I'm not sure if I've explained this very well, but it's very clear when you see it move in an animated chart.

Actually I've just noticed that John says in his book that aspects from L4 or L10 to PoF are not strong enough to decide a contest on their own. So if we disregard Venus conj PoF in the Israel chart, then there are no testimonies for either side. So this could mean that the faves, Russia, win by default :(