New book on Traditional Astrology

Having read Joseph Crane's book on using traditional techniques I was pleased to see a new book by him at the Astrology shop on Sunday. It is called Astrological Roots: The Hellenistic Legacy. The title sounds a bit dry but it is full of useful info and guidance. If, like me, you find Al Biruni, Dorotheus et al a bit confusing at first then this may well be for you. I have not read it all yet so can't review. It is not cheap at 22 pounds fifty but then, neither is purchasing every volume of Valens

I have just ordered the book myself today. I recommend going to a seller on the Amazon marketplace or ABE as my copy only cost me ?16.75 including p&p!

I really enjoyed Joseph Crane's first book ' A Practical Guide to Traditional Astrology'. Judging from that at least he has quite a lucid and engaging writing style and is good as putting over complex ideas simply.

His last book was an introduction to hellenistic and medieval perspectives but this is the first book exclusively focusing on the hellenistic tradition I am aware of. I am sure this will be a very useful guide for those of us trying to get a better grasp of hellenistic sources and techniques.