Eclipses Coming Up

Granny,

Thanks for the post from Bernadette Brady. I have some how interpreted or mis-read an important document and responded incorrectly! Not surprising in this Eclipse week. Now I have more paperwork plus a trip to the Post Office!

You can also gain a better understanding of the fall out from the Lunar Eclipse from Visual Astrology Newsletter for Sept 2007 from www.Zyntara.com

This Van is from Bernadette Brady and Darrenlyn Gunzberg - Bernadette she uses her Starlight Fixed Star program - she follows the Eclipse path from USA across Asian Pacific area. We know the path of the Eclipse will influence countries it moves across. :o ? Julie K

Julie,

My Solar Maps program puts the September 11, 2007 eclipse path at South America. I don't think it will be visible in the US or anywhere in the northern hemisphere. Or am I wrong?

Tom

Its alwasy so reassuring to us mere mortals when someone as detail oriented and conscientious as Bernadette Brady makes an errror, if indeed she has, I have the newsletter, but haven't delved into it as I've been a bit busy. It makes the rest of us feel so much better about when we make our own silly errors.

If she has I shall have to point out her prediction about mess ups with paperwork in the Saros Series 9 North and Chuckle.

Granny

Eclipse Sept 11, 07

Tom,

Solar Maps draws up the Solar Eclipses and not the Lunar Eclipses unfortunately. The Sept 11, 07 path is well South of South Africa and does no impact on any land mass other than Anartica. It wont be visible to the Northern Hemisphere Tom.

I'm wondering if Forum members are getting the Lunar Eclipse confused with the Solar Eclipse? BB is showing the path of the Lunar Eclipse of Aug 28,07 in her VAN for Sept 07 while Nasas site has the Solar Eclipse of Sept 11,07.

Does this help? Julie K

Solar Eclipse

Tom,

Sorry I must correct my post. I was looking at part of the map - the Sept 11, 07 Partial Solar Eclipse moves across South America. Peru,Brazil, Bolivia,Argentina. Watch for Events that are newsworthy icoming from this part of the Globe.

Fred Espanek Nasa site shows the path clearly. Julie K

I had a moment this morning and thought I'd look anew at the Eclipse chart.

and decided to break it down to just the strongest most obvious elements and came up with this view.

Sun and moon aligned opposed to Uranus(Rx) in Tsquare with mars

sun moon mars all in mercury ruled signs.
Uranus in Jupiter ruled sign.

interpretation: All coming together to oppose chaos and frustrated by war, with thoughts (mercury) moving ahead into ambassadorial/political solutions and chaos seemingly remaining in its current state. Jupiter having recently turned Direct, I say seemingly because I think in some manner someone is now turning chaos to benefit, or attempting to do so.

Granny

Eclipse

Hello again. Thank you, Tom.
I have found this topic very interesting and came across some information on the web that seemed an eye full. Thought I would share with the group for thoughts. I don't know anything about this website and was wondering if anyone else has heard of it. I thought the concern about the earth and how things are currently going is very interesting considering that global warming and such is starting to be a hot topic. Maybe the new Pluto Capricorn generation will push an awareness to earthly issues.

http://www.astrologycourse.org/2012.htm

Hi Hazel,
I don't know anything about this website and was wondering if anyone else has heard of it. I thought the concern about the earth and how things are currently going is very interesting considering that global warming and such is starting to be a hot topic. Maybe the new Pluto Capricorn generation will push an awareness to earthly issues.
Mundane astrology is difficult by its nature. Furthermore, it is difficult because there is very little written on how to do it. This is a double-edged sword. On the one hand it frees the astrologer to do some original thinking and that?s good. On the other hand it allows for a lot of junk because there are no guidelines, by definition, in an anything goes subject.

In the Astrologer?s Apprentice No 21, John Frawley made a couple of useful observations. The most important is that first rate mundane astrology can only be done by an astrologer with ?real knowledge,? i.e. the knowledge that comes from being next to the throne. This makes sense, as astrology does not exist in a vacuum. This also lets out 100% of us, unless Skyscript is the secret haunt of a member of the Bush Administration, the Brown Cabinet or some other high level organization within a government. However, and this next is very important, he also noted that the media does not disseminate ?real knowledge?. Unfortunately, this is where most of us get most of what we ?know.? So we have to learn to read between the lines a bit, and even this is full of danger as some people can read sinister motivations into a cookbook.

For example, ?Global warming,? i.e. the idea that there is a continual rise in the earth?s temperatures due to man made activity, is very likely a dead issue, perhaps temporarily, but more than likely it is going to go the way of the global cooling scares of the 1970s. It is not coming to the forefront. It?s been there and gone. We can deduce this from two facts. One: Al Gore?s ?Live Earth? or whatever it was called was a man made flop. In fact just recently the BBC dropped previously scheduled programs dealing with this subject because there is no interest in it, or in being lectured by rock stars and celebrities whose own lifestyles are far removed from those they would impose on others.

Second, the Global warming? crowd is no longer calling themselves the ?Global warming? crowd. They now insist on the new title of ?climate change? crowd. There are several reasons for this all beside the point, but switching the name and the topic in midstream is a pretty good indication that none of this is catching on, as ?global warming? so a new marketing technique is set in motion. From this we can safely suggest if not outright conclude, that this particular ?movement? has at least stalled. Not our hero, though. He hasn?t caught up yet.

When you see something like this:

The pressure of Saturn and Pluto will change the belief system of the world in a way that people finally realize that we have been on the wrong track for the last thousands of years. People and especially governments will finally realize that bringing peace and welfare to the world is a better thing to do then fighting wars, polluting the environment and creating misery. The likelihood of this to happen is I believe 10%. Looking at the current situation of the world makes is impossible for me to come up with a higher percentage

The first word to enter our minds should be ?hubris.? Who is this guy to say that all of mankind has been on ?the wrong track? for thousands of years? Christ didn?t even say that, and he was trying to get his followers next to God. This is too absurd to even comment further

I?m only picking on this statement as it was made on that site. We can do this with a lot of what passes for mundane astrology. The key, it seems to me, is to find the connections between charts, and then apply the symbolism. Sure we?ll have to use what information we have available to us, and little of that is ?real knowledge,? but we can make educated guesses instead of wild ones.

Mars involved in hard aspects to other planets is significant given the world situation. Is this Mars linked to other significant charts? If so the prediction is on surer footing. We have ?real knowledge? that the Middle East is an unstable war zone (Please resist the temptation to say, ?So what?s new about that??). We can apply that information, but need to apply it with restraint. I think that ?unstable? is a less emotionally charged word than ?chaotic,? and strictly speaking, more accurate. Once we take the emotionalism out of the delineation, we?ll get closer to the truth a lot quicker.

I have not had the time to look at this chart any closer, and wish I did. I?ll be on a trip and sometimes, on these things I get blocks of time to kill. I hope I can get to it.

Glad you?re enjoying the thread.

Tom

I find that most often when anyone sets themselves up as an authority above all others, watch your pocket book and your freedom. you've got a power junkie going after both.

One of the reasons that Theocracy is the supreme evil.

in my opinion of course.

Granny

For example, ?Global warming,? i.e. the idea that there is a continual rise in the earth?s temperatures due to man made activity, is very likely a dead issue, perhaps temporarily, but more than likely it is going to go the way of the global cooling scares of the 1970s. It is not coming to the forefront. It?s been there and gone. We can deduce this from two facts. One: Al Gore?s ?Live Earth? or whatever it was called was a man made flop. In fact just recently the BBC dropped previously scheduled programs dealing with this subject because there is no interest in it, or in being lectured by rock stars and celebrities whose own lifestyles are far removed from those they would impose on others.

Second, the Global warming? crowd is no longer calling themselves the ?Global warming? crowd. They now insist on the new title of ?climate change? crowd. There are several reasons for this all beside the point, but switching the name and the topic in midstream is a pretty good indication that none of this is catching on, as ?global warming? so a new marketing technique is set in motion. From this we can safely suggest if not outright conclude, that this particular ?movement? has at least stalled. Not our hero, though. He hasn?t caught up yet.

Wow. Just wow.

Perhaps if your only source of knowledge about global warming is the mainstream media, then this would be your conclusion.

If, on the other hand, you read the reports and conclusions of the scientists who have spent their careers studying climate, you would come to a much different conclusion. A good place to start is realclimate.org. You will find an explanation of the supposed global cooling of the 70's, along with clarification of just about any question you may have on the subject.

And just to be clear, Al Gore is not my hero, I was opposed to Live Earth for environmental reasons and I haven't seen An Inconvenient Truth.

Astologically, you can expect the fight over climate change to ramp up over the next 3 years as Saturn and Uranus oppose each other leading into their ingresses into Cardinal signs. Once they enter Libra and Aries, they will form a T-square with Pluto. Jupiter also gets involved in 2010, forming a conjunction to Uranus in Aries opposite Saturn and Mars at that point, square to Pluto.

The planets indicate a battle is brewing between the status quo, governments and power brokers and those looking for big change. Global warming (a term very much still in use BTW) will be one area of conflict.

Dear Tom, no offence meant but you appear to be a little bit mad when it comes to acknowledging climate change. Tell it to the polar bears.

Getting back to yesterday's eclipse, this in the news today:

MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- The Russian military has successfully tested what it described as the world's most powerful non-nuclear air-delivered bomb, Russia's state television reported Tuesday.

It was the latest show of Russia's military muscle amid chilly relations with the United States.

Channel One television said the new weapon, nicknamed the "dad of all bombs" is four times more powerful than the U.S. "mother of all bombs."

"The tests have shown that the new air-delivered ordnance is comparable to a nuclear weapon in its efficiency and capability,"

And so it goes, as Kurt Vonnegut would say.

Tara