Arsenal - astro statistical analysis

Dear all,

A new season is ready to start again on Premier League and I updated my database..and ready for some analysis.

My first analysis is related to Arsenal - lost games in PL since the beginning of the competition - 213 games. I've computed the degree position for all planets and added on the below graphic (grouped by sign).

Once you learn how to read this chart you can get some interesting facts.

For example:
- Mars in Cancer is very active when Arsenal lost. I'm using the 11th of Dec 1886 , 10:30am as Arsenal natal chart - whole sign house Capricorn AS . Mars in Cancer in this chart is transiting the 7th house and making an opposition to natal Mars. In other words Mars is giving 'power' to the opponent and makes Arsenal prone to mistakes. Its interesting to notice that Mars is the only one in Cancer to generate such a loss ratio.

- Venus in Capricorn is another example. Here Venus is transiting 1st house and natal Mars. Venus in my opinion my produce a 'relax' atmosphere and might make player under-evaluate the opponent.

If anyone notice some other interesting facts please reply. It will help us all understand better how astrology works.

Dan
Living Astrology Blog

Hi ciuboda,

These sorts of discussions about the birth of a team have occured before. I can't recall any specific threads about Arsenal.

I understand you have used the first known game, when they were called Dial House FC. I have noted a time range of between 10 am and 2 pm. What made you go with 10.30?

Other possible dates are:

Name change to Royal Arsenal 25/12/1886

Woolwich Arsenal-start of the 1881 season.

Name change to Arsenal occured whan they moved to Highbury. The FA approved the alteration on 3/4/1914 and the first game was played as Arsenal on 4/4/1914.

If this produces a different analysis this may be of interest, particularly if you are thinking of folowing Arsenals' results over the coming sesaon.

Thanks for the interesting stats, Dan. I've had a look at Arsenal's upcoming fixtures and it's interesting to see that on the day Mars goes into Cancer, they will be playing a Champions League qualifier (2nd leg) at home to Celtic. After that they have two tough away fixtures in the Prem against Man Utd and Man City. They probably won't be expected to win those anyway, but they will be expected to win their home games against Wigan and Blackburn, so it will be interesting to see how those turn out.

john - thanks for all the dates. 1 year ago I've done a detailed research about Arsenal and other team and come out with this dates. The time is not accurate and is an estimation. Anyway the data provided by me are not related to the Arsenal chart - are only transits.

Ficina- it will be interesting to see how Arsenal evolution will match the chart. But Mars in Cancer alone cannot generate a negative result. For sure while Mars will cross Cancer sign the team will face difficult games and the percentage win/loss will be below the average.
Living Astrology Blog

You might want to try looking at the results with converse transits.

I've been doing some work with diurnal charts, and the converse diurnals are often very strongly activated. Were you to base an analysis on the standard chart you would often have an incorrect result.

Would be interesting to see what results you get.

Bob