Hi Ficina et al

Yes, the Skyscript team isn't doing too badly :'

Regarding the prediction of score I can tell you quite frankly that I don't use astrology to get those. What I do do however, is that I get a general feel of the varying strengths of the teams, thereby predicting winner-loser-or evens, and then I fill in the details of the actual score by guestimate.

Although, after this weekend, I'm a lot less sure of my ablility to even get the winner-loser scenario right :D Somehow, most teams did not accommodate my reading of their charts :-T . I shall have to let them know, that that is NOT on! How dare Man U win as Mercury combust :-)?!?

And Ficina, I have to confess, even though you were kind enough to let me have that odds and evens listing, I'm still pretty much up the creek wihout a paddle when it comes to that. But it's okay - I think the less background I know, the easier for me to play the game.

I see this coming weekend is a bye?! What am I going to do this Saturday arvie? Take to drink, maybe!

Cheers

Susie

Hi Ficina

I claim this as a victory for astrology using the method I outlined in the other thread. I know nothing about football; my husband knows nothing about astrology. I let him make his football predictions and then I adapt these to include the astrological themes that I am aware of, seeing the whole chart as relevant to the home team. Let's say he predicts a 2-1 win for the home team, but the chart shows themes of disappointment or sorrow, I'll change that to a 2-2 draw. If the chart is really bad I go against his prediction.

I only make a change when I feel strongly about something, otherwise I leave it alone. This week I changed his prediction of a loss to Sunderland by Arsenal because with two angular benefics and the Moon in the 11th applying to the sextile to the Sun, the chart was really favourable. I was tempted to change it to a win for Sunderland but I knew that they were the underdogs so I reasoned that a draw would feel like a win to them. I used an opposite reasoning for one of the changes I made to his Sunday predictions. He predicted a 3-1 win to Portsmouth, but the chart kicked off with the same angular benefics so I couldn't see anyone (even the home team) suffering from such a *dramatic* sense of loss. So I moderated that to a 2-1 win, which was the correct result. I got 3 points for the Chelsea match, but only by going along with him. But then I lost out by changing his Man U v Liverpool result to a predicted draw, whereas he correctly predicted the result with a 3-2 win to Liverpool. But the reason for this change wasn't even astrological. He simply always always always predicts Liverpool to win, which they usually do of course, but I was trying to make allowance for his bias - you see that's where I go wrong. The minute I think about anything but astrology I'm lost !

This is all very broad strokes and it's definitely not a 'marketable' or even reliable technique!! It is all a bit of an astrological experiment for me, but working so far because I have consistently out-predicted my husband using his knowledge + astrology. I'm also limited in that I don't want to spend more than, say 10 minutes a week on this. I'd rather be sipping Sangria with Susie.

Deb

Deb you have a really cool arrangement there, with a soccer-fundi husband, and a wealth of astrological knowledge.

My husband knows zip about soccer, and when I describe a soccer scenario to him, he just nervously says: "stick with what you see in the chart". So, it's pretty much the blind leading the blind!

I find that when I keep things simple, I get the best results. The 10 minute approach also works best for me. When I think long and hard about one particular game/chart, I invariably get it completely wrong.

And Deb, swing by any weekend: we've got lots of Sangria and summer is just starting!

Many thanks for your replies, ladies. All very interesting :D

Susie, I'm sorry you're still confused about the odds but maybe, as you say, sometimes you're better off not knowing!

Deb, I'd been wondering why you went 2-0 for Chelsea but 2-1 for Portsmouth so thanks for explaining that. I thought both games would be quite close so I went for 2-1 for both of them, so at least I got one right! I think I sometimes get more confused because I know about football and astrology. I can see how useful it could be to have a set of scores that you can adapt to the astrology, rather than starting with a blank canvas as it were. I do look at the pundits' predictions on some of the websites but I do that after I've written down my own. Otherwise they tend to sway me from what I originally thought and I keep changing my mind!

10 minutes?? Well, I take a lot longer than that but I suppose that's because I do a lot of back-checking both football and astrologywise. Fortunately I have the time to do it and, as Susie often says, it is fun - with or without the Sangria :wink:

Deb wrote:I know nothing about football; my husband knows nothing about astrology. I let him make his football predictions and then I adapt these to include the astrological themes that I am aware of, seeing the whole chart as relevant to the home team. Let's say he predicts a 2-1 win for the home team, but the chart shows themes of disappointment or sorrow, I'll change that to a 2-2 draw. If the chart is really bad I go against his prediction.
This sounds like a happy marriage, but you seem to be giving your husband a tough time... :lala
http://www.astronor.com

I can see how useful it could be to have a set of scores that you can adapt to the astrology, rather than starting with a blank canvas as it were.
Brilliant idea, Ficina. Therefore I vote, that Deb's husband goes out on loan to all of us, perhaps on a rotating basis, for the common good of the Skyscript team. He will receive payment in kind - as much Sangria as he can hold :D

So, what say you all???

Aargh! I've just been to the Guardian site to enter my predictions for tonight, only to discover that they had the Bolton/Everton game listed as being played yesterday. I think it was originally scheduled for Tuesday but it's actually at 8pm tonight. So it's automatically logged my prediction as the default 0-0 :( I was intending entering 2-1 to Everton (just for the record) but now I suppose I'll be happy if it's a draw!