Hi Hamish and all,

I've only just had a chance to look at this link. Very interesting to see how the so called experts have fared with their predictions. Getting the score correct as well as the result is a very tall order.

Cheers,
Ficina

I finally decided to sign up for this competition, half way through the season, and submitted my predictions for yesterday's and today's EPL games. So far I've got 4 results correct out of 6 but only one correct score which gives me a running total of 6 points. Not too bad but not brilliant either. Four more games tonight...

Has anyone else had a shot at this?

I had a couple of goes last year, but then my husband took over and he did quite well - but there was no astrology involved. He has just asked made me to sign up for the new season, and if anyone else wants to get in at the start, now's the time. The first matches are for 16th and 17th August.

Good luck to anyone who takes part!

At last, the football season has started. I was beginning to get withdrawl symptons!

I thought someone may have had a go at the Community Shield, didn't want to be only one and "get off to a flying one prediction wrong out of one" start to the season :-cry

I've signed up for The Guardian prediction league. There is a 'friends' league option, so if astrologers and non-astrologers want their own league, one is available. At least there is a chance there'll be one astrologer on top of one league.

It's my first time on The Guardian site so I'm not sure how people find the friends league. Anyway, I've called it SKYSCRIPT. If people can tell me if they are interested and work out how to join, I'll do what I have to as the league creator!

I've signed up again for the coming season. I'm not sure how the scoring works in the Friends Leagues but I'll send you a PM, John, with the email address I'm using for the game and you will hopefully be able to add me to the Skyscript team.

Best of luck to everyone!

Good to see some of the members are back here, ready for the new season :D
john wrote:At last, the football season has started. I was beginning to get withdrawl symptons!
Me too!
I thought someone may have had a go at the Community Shield, didn't want to be only one and "get off to a flying one prediction wrong out of one" start to the season :-cry
I wish you'd had a go, John.

As for the Guardian stuff, I'm still struggling at this stage to be able to pick the right one out of the three possibilities(win, lose or draw), predicitng the right score would be just far too much for me. Besides the prizes aren't good enough to motivate me to stretch myself but the best of luck to everyone who has signed up :D

I've sent emails out to Debs, Ficina and Yuruzu to join the league. Yuzuru, I have used the email address on your webpage link, contact me with a private message if you have not received it.

The league is an 'open league', so anyone of us can accept and invite others to join.

Gem what sort of feeble excuse is that? You did better than me last season (which isn't saying much). The glory amongst fellow astrologers isn't enough to motivate you to join in. :shock:
You could do what I do and do some with astrology and take a few seconds for a blind guess at the others!! 8)