Well, not an article just about astrologers abandoning Mercurius but this will be a part of it. So any information anyone is willing to offer beyond the fine articles and threads you refered me to will be most welcome.

Extended answer (and no, I am not a split personality...at least not today)Well maybe...it will be a part of a larger article although this detail I find most fascinating. I can speculate why this happened but as yet lack all of the historical material to make a strong case for why it happened.
I have an intuition that since the discovery of Uranus upset the old order so much and since Uranus is, after all the sky god, that many astrologers may have moved in this direction out of hope for renewal of respectability for this ancient art after such a long period of decline in the late 1700's and through the 1800's. That and its possible significance in millernarian belief systems. There are also some very interesting archetypal connections that have to do with the magician archetype. But at this point I am in information gathering mode. More later.......

Sorry this contribution is a bit belated. I am just catching up on old posts.

I think Mercury or Uranus is how traditional or modern astrologers like to identify themselves in positive terms.

Although sometimes that Mercury seems to be caught in a Piscean fog or that Uranus looks more like Neptune.

Geoffrey Cornelius has a lot more to say on the latter dimension of astrology in his book 'The Moment of Astrology'.

when you think about what astrology provides:
what stands out is the sense of 'uniqueness' -

for me that's why uranus resonates more than mercury, or any other planet.

I agree traditional astrology seems tangibly more mercurial than uranian,
(but this would follow as uranus wasn't part of the paradigm) and 'uniqueness' wasn't such a valued aspiration, so i'm told?
________
Friend advice advice
Last edited by robin on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

People with Uranus at 10 , exalted uranus or uranus well aspected with mars/murcury , have done exceptionally well in understanding the deeper nitty -gritty & subtleties , associated with comprehensive undersatnding of Astrology , relatively speaking IN NO TIME , compared to laboured & time taking attempts , in the same direction , of say ,Taureans , like me! This apart , from general well- known technological aptitude & novel scientific ideas as well as equally high & advanced politcal thinking & utopian ideas , for general welfare of society., dxhbited by.. these MOST independent , wishing to satnd apart URANIAN ,individuals , helped the modern world watchers to conclude Astrology , is domain of uranus!

regards,
Arihant

Thank you very much Garry P , for letting us know of this article ..and its worth reading !

The arricle sang more peans of Neptune then to critically analyse the whatever control Neptune might hold over Astrology.

Here, let us be very clear: We are considering Astrology as as a Subject for study..a body of knowledge with well- defined boundaries

Not Neptunes' all encompassing ocean of life ...& its not wise to associate Neptune tendency to sublime or transcend almost everything (including Astrological principles ) with its rulership!

Had we been studying mystics' persona or Clair-voyancy, then Dane could safely ascribe Neptune as their chart ruler or in general to all such out of worldly , Super-Natural Human Beings , if you all like.

To make my arguments short , i would only say , if Neptune is held to rule Astrology , then I am one of the Greatest Astrologer alive!

This is same as saying , if wishes were horses , people like me would have rode all the day!

My regards for you Garry , are still intact!

Lets found out , how many of us believe ,Uranus , by virtue of its exclusiveness & bestowing ease of total comprehension & understanding of Astrology ...to its subjects; rule Astrology , when we would know safely that we are in a small minority , at least we can console ourselves, in the same way..when first steam locomotives were programmed , how skeptical folks were then!

Come to think of it , how many centuries Earth was thought to be flat!

you can train yourself to be alert & technologically savvy& be progressive about development & expansion of universe ,along with eventual progress of humanity /brothehood....domain of Uranus( so how Astrology can be left behind stagnating...when their is total revolution coming in the field of conceptualizing & learning techniques ; new areas of lookin at old subjects etc. etc . )

regards
Arihant

With more astrology (and many other subjects) now seeming to be most active over the internet, Uranus in Pisces does have a certain credence to how our art is being practiced. I'd be interested to know others thoughts on any apparent practical examples of events in astrology and the connection with its ruling planet( whichever one it might be!)

In an attempt to overcome the 'discussion over the internet ether', may I draw peoples attention to the news forum, where I have posted details of our local groups annual conference.