Are you into magic?

I define magic as action, and astrology as reflection, however both
use synchronistic means to attain their purpose. I did read Robert
Zoller's interview and he mentions that he got into astrology
because of his interest in magic. I would say I got into astrology
because of my interest in oracles and divination, magic is too
dramatic for my taste, and I dislike action however indirect.
However other people may find magic attractive.
Do you practice magic, besides doing astrology?

I actually started studying Magik first, and then became interested in Astrology for divinational purposes, but after seeing how well Astrology and magic work toegether I became much more interested in Astrology.
I just think it's so beatiful how it all just puts things in perspective.

More magic in astrology than many realize...

There may be more magic involved in Vedic astrology than many westerners realize. Rahu is strongly associated with magic and witchcraft, and Venus is said to have a knack for magic as well. Certain nakshatras are particularly associated with working magic - Ashlesha, Purva Phalguni and Rohini (the latter two because of their association with Venus) immediately come to mind. My second coven had a strong representation of Ashesha, indicating perhaps that a "magical" nakshatra has some predisposition toward coven involvement.

During my recent Rahu return, I did a magical working involving Belial, who manifests as two demons. Currently I am experiencing my Moon Dasa, with the natal Moon in Ashwini. Ashwini is described by Prash Travedi as a "horse carriage consisting of two horses carrying two people".

After the working, the "Chariot" Tarot card, depicting two horses and a driver, turned up far more than usual. In the five weeks after the working, I was at the scene of three automobile accidents as they occured, gave medical assistance at two, and felt personally devastated by the third one. The story of the Ashwini Kumaras relates how they travel around solving the problems of whomever they encounter in their travels.

Magic like this was probably worked within a Vedic framework in the past, and adepts probably had a little more control over the results than I had. In the west, I think there is a tendency for astrologers to want to disassociate themselves from magic. The folks doing magic, on the other hand, no longer have an extensive knowledge of astrology. The two occult endeavors have diverged to the extent of becoming separate species, and both are probably weaker for it.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

Into Magic and Astrology

I am into magic. And I?m into astrology. I became interested in both at around the same time and it is difficult to say that interest in one led to an interest in the other.

There are occasions when I work with the two together. For example, I make Elections for the consecration of talismans. The School I am involved with also notes the time of all major Initiations and charts are set for these occasions. Perhaps one story will shed a little light on the why and wherefore of this practice.

One member was to receive a notable Initiation. Preparations in the Temple were disrupted by numerous minor inconveniences and the entry of the candidate was delayed by three quarters of an hour. The ceremony went ahead and the time of the moment of initiation taken. The resultant chart showed the ascendant and midheaven of the initiation chart to be exactly those of the initiand?s wife, who is also a member of our School.

Delaforge