Thanks!

I've read it but I'll dig it out and read it again.

Just trying to get to the idea a little more simply.

We might say an aspect between a point/ planet and Saturn will tend to the restrictive/ negative.

Could we simplify receptions in the same way?

H.
Yikkes!

Thanks Gryffindor !

Still struggling with this.

I could settle with the idea that the planets change place.

As to your point I know plenty of people who would "fleece" their guests.

Also of the receptions was with a planet in Detriment or Fall then I'd feel that that negative effect would be picked up.

H.
Yikkes!

Hi Hamish,

Aspects show opportunity to act.

Receptions show inclination to act.

In horary, this means if two planets are approaching an aspect then there is an opportunity for something to happen. Whether or not it does depends upon the receptions - do the planets want to act? Do they like each other? Positive mutual reception increases the chance of the planets working together to give a "Yes, this will happen" answer. If there is negative or no reception, the planets have no inclination to work together and we can say "No, this event will not happen".

Put more simply:

Scenario 1: Your friend invites you for dinner. There is an opportunity to act (aspect). Last week you had a good game of golf together. You got on well, and so you accept the invitation. You are inclined to act upon the opportunity (positive reception).

Scenario 2: Your friend invites you for dinner. There is an opportunity to act (aspect). But last week you found out he has been flirting with your wife. You now dislike him and so you decline the invitation (negative reception). You are not inclined to act upon the opportunity.

It may seem simplistic but the basics of astrology really are this basic. Try thinking of the planets in your charts as people. Which planets do they like (positive reception)? Which do they dislike (negative reception)? We start from the basics and move upwards, but we can't do this unless we have the basics secure!

Hope this helps.

Keren

OK.

It sort of comes back to the real point.

A negative reception meaning into a planet in Detriment or Fall (or even Face) and a positive into Rulership, Exaltation, Triplicity, Term ?

Or being received by the mals Saturn and Mars ?

Or maybe the first but with the planet in bad condition, ie retrograde or receiving a bad aspect, or being in a limiting house ?

Yes I've found that the most complicated things usually, eventually, come down to simple concepts.

H.
Yikkes!

So it is possible to be received into a more negtive position than one has but only into Face, Detriment anf Face in practically reality.

And not by specific planet such as Saturn.
Yikkes!