Janus 3 and House almuten

Hello,

Going back to Traditional tropical astrology, I have downloaded Janus 3 demo program, since I have read some people use it on this forum. I already own SF6, but find it too hard to learn and to change the parameters (such as Lilly essential and accidental dignities). Although Aureas, which I also own, has good facilities for Horaries, it is not as complete as Janus, I think.

So, delighted by the "easiness" of use of Janus for learning and for its way to settle our prefered parameters, I then ordered it. However I just discovered that it just gives almuten of houses only in the interpretation module. Does anyone know if we can get them somewhere else? A "Show Results" or "Show Dignities" button, or something like this?...
Regards,
François CARRIÈRE

Hi Francois

Welcome to Skyscript. Unlike Solar Fire, Janus does not have a WYSIWYG display (What you see is what you get). The printout often gives information that is not on the screen.

Open a chart and then hit the Traditional button. A square chart will come on the screen. Hit print. Both the house cusp rulers and almuten of the cusps are given in tables on the left and just below the square chart. The printout gives firdaria, aspects, essential dignities, including antiscion certain Arabic Parts and other information that is not on the screen.

If you can't stand reading square charts (I can't) print out the round chart and then print the traditional chart and use it for other information.

In addition there is a a Yahoo Group for Janus users. It exists to answer questions like yours. I don't use Janus as often as I do Solar Fire, and there may be other ways to obtain the information you want.

Good luck.

Tom

Tom,

Many thanks for your quick answer. Now I got what I want! For next questions, I will sure go on Yahoo! Have a nice week-end.

And Happy Canada Day or 4th of July for those who read the Forum! :-)
Regards,
François CARRIÈRE