Mystery Chart No. 13

Here is a different sort of mystery chart, and, I think, a challenging one. The native is neither famous, nor infamous. She does not have a glamor job or even one that is particularly interesting. If I told you her name, it would mean nothing to anyone except her friends and family. In short, she is typical of the kind of person that would seek out an astrologer. She does have an unusual chart, though, if any charts can be said to be ?usual.?

Since nativities are best read in some kind of context, we may assume that she has come to an astrologer in search of a suitable career and partner. However, as always, anyone is free to look at whatever they wish and point out whatever they wish to point out. Contributors will have to depend on me for the facts. There is nothing on the web.

Female

December 30, 1983
5:52 am EST + 5:00 hrs
Clearwater, Florida, USA
27 N 57? 56?
82 W 48? 01?
16 Sagittarius 47 rises

Tom

Hi Tom,
I am new to traditional techniques but want to give this chart a try. Jupiter is strong being ruler of the first and being in that house.I also see that in profections the native is back at the ascendant putting emphasis on Jupiter and this house once more.Also in Firdaria she is in her Jupiter/Sun Phase.With Saturn, the ruler of capricorn,the sun and mercury's rulers in te eleventh house at 13scorpio I am seeing some connection to astrology/friends/hopes and dreams. There is some conflict between herself [Asc] and others[Partnerships] as her north node is in opposition to the Asc.
With taurus on sixth house cusp her work is probably boring. She is probably a loyal, stable emoloyee. Virgo on the tenth house is ruled by Mercury in capricorn which makes me look at Saturn again. I think that a carreer in Astrology coul be in her future.
Thanks for the opportunity

She is going to have a lot of trouble with people close to her, especially her mother, and her friends are not quite the perfect persons to stay close to. All in all the circumstances in her life are in some way unfriendly.
Allot of agitation, accuses, trammel. The presence of Saturn is very ambivalent, speaks about living, with unfriendly persons, or ill, or in need? Or perhaps is about native's daemons, that haunts her mind, soul?
Jupiter in first house is a very good sign about the capacity of the native to act, to accomplish.
Probably the native is inclined to travel or to wander into foreign lands but it is better to stay home.
There is some conflict between the temperament of the native, active, optimistic in general and the surroundings of native life, the circumstances.
A protector is going to help the native in her career, and in life in general. a young man probably? Or something linked with clients? Or probably a brother?
She is also a very seductive person.

Since I'm in an experimental frame of mind, I thought I'd work with this chart as it moves along rather than wait. Usually I wait because we're dealing with a celebrity of some sort and I don't want to give things away, but here there is little danger of that. So here are both questions and suggestions:

azelt wrote:

Jupiter is strong being ruler of the first and being in that house.I also see that in profections the native is back at the ascendant putting emphasis on Jupiter and this house once more.
Jupiter is angular, in domicile, and therefore very strong. Putting aside the profections and firdaria for the moment, how would that play out in her life? Wouldn't we want to determine that before we try to determine how it is working right now? Speaking of right now, she is about to have a Jupiter return - what about that?

sasha wrote:

Jupiter in first house is a very good sign about the capacity of the native to act, to accomplish.
This is the sort of thing a client would need to know, but to act how? Accomplish what? It may not be possible to be super-specific when answering the questions I've proposed, but we might be able to narrow things down to areas of life, if not not exact descriptions of how to act and things to do.

sasha wrote:

She is going to have a lot of trouble with people close to her, especially her mother, and her friends are not quite the perfect persons to stay close to. All in all the circumstances in her life are in some way unfriendly.
Why do you say these things? What is it in the chart that tells you this? Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm only asking that this be fleshed out a bit.

Enjoy.

Tom

hi,
so, Jupiter returns,throwing some light on the houses he rules also which are the fourth and ninth. Jupiter expands, gives power, and makes bigger and in Sagittarius he takes us into far out places philosophically and geographically. Jupiter rules the ninth, who's ruler is the sun which is in the neighborhood of Jupiter in a wide conjunction thus bringing more Jupiter/Sagittarius flavour to this. Jupiter also rules the fourth house which hints at issues to do with home/country/father. The native's horizons are expanding.She will be starting something new and will most likely move

Tom wrote:
This is the sort of thing a client would need to know, but to act how? Accomplish what?
Well, I was quite precautious about the kind of activity, because there seems to be, at least for me a strong debate between a Venus-Mercury influence and a Mercury influence, both with a clear cooperation with Jupiter. Anyway, I was referring to the capacity of a person to take decisions, to assume responsibilities, to engage in actions with a specific social aim, to be dynamical, to engaged in social relations with social aims, in which the person to put in value his aptitudes for the benefit of other members of the society, and to receive in return benefits from this. All in all to use your aptitudes, your qualifications in social relations, to transform them from the level of simple skills, aptitudes without any impact over society.
I think this is the sense used by Ptolemy in his chapter about profession, when he establishes it as preliminary condition.
Why do you say these things? What is it in the chart that tells you this?
My principal is not to tell astrological key for the interpretation before being sure that the interpretation is right. I think that it is better for me to wait until there is a confirmation, because there is the risk to argue about something that is invalid and also to confuse others.

with excuses, Tom, my English is limited, the question is that career or job can make this person? or that moment lives this person? or both?

Mario
Hi Mario,

No excuses necessary. After all you can communicate in two languages maybe more. I can only do it in one. ;-)

Let me explain myself. I think that a natal reading needs a reason. In other words, it makes no sense, and makes it difficult to read a chart intelligently, if we have no particular reason to read it. So for that reason I suggested that people interested in this chart look at possible career choices for the native. There is no reason to try to figure out her current job, as it isn't anything glamorous. It is more important to try to figure out from the chart what kind of work she might be suited for.

On the other hand, anyone may look at anything in this chart and say whatever they wish to say. For example, although it may not have anything to do with career, the south node on the ascendant seems like it might be important. It is up to the contributor to decide how to approach this chart. I only make suggestions.

Well, I was quite cautious about the kind of activity, because there seems to be, at least for me a strong debate between a Venus-Mercury influence and a Mercury influence, both with a clear cooperation with Jupiter.
Sasha writes:

I think this is important. In theory we should be able to determine which of two possibilities is most likely. This is not the same thing as saying any astrologer should be able to do this all the time. The chances are both influences are correct at one time or other in the life, but is there a way we can determine which is the stronger influence? This is Morin's goal when he pushes the symbolism to give us this kind of precision. What do Venus and Mercury indicate in this chart and how could that manifest in the life?

Tom

Interesting twist on the Mystery Chart! A normal person!

I can only say a tiny bit right now because I don't have time, but for career I would look at the MC. MC is in Virgo, indicating that this person would like to be seen in the eyes of others as capable, intellegent, and organized. Mercury deposits the MC in the 1st in Cap, so the mind is disciplined, practical, and capable of concentration. Mercury angular lends to its importance.

I would suggest a career in which the person uses their mind in some way, this is not a manual laborer. Perhaps accountant, bookeeper, the law is also a possibility, only because of the nature of the native would be well suited to the rigors of practice. With mercury in the 1st this native is probably inclined to speak their mind easily.

Sag ascending means this person wants a life that is adventureous, exciting and other sag things I dont understand. (I'm weak on Sag, I really need a Sag primer because there are so many sag's out here. :P)

Oh yes, and Virgo on the MC and mutable angles means this person would rather serve than lead, a career as a "right hand man" would also be appropriate. Executive assistant? Public relations? Acutally public relations might be excellent. Perhaps another type of group organizer. I know, pretty vague.

One last thing, NN on the DSC means that the relations this person forms and the commitments she makes to others will be important in their life, more so than most.

Well, I am not sure how we are goint to see if we are "right" or "wrong" as the profession is a thing than unfolds over long periods of time, but, let me give a shot.

I would guess, based in the last mystery chart, that the significator of profesion, or lord of action, is mars. Mars is in the 11th sign, but in the 10th house by division. Mars is also lord of pars spiritum so it has a lot to talk about the choices and objectives that the native do in the world.

Mercury is combust and venus is cadent, so I see them as poorer choices for the lord of action.

Mars is in detriment, so there is some frustration in her professional life. There is generosity, although with detriment, between mars and venus, but I am not sure if this is a plus or a minus in her life.

As Libra is a air sign which values beauty, harmony and balance, mars is the ruler of the 5th, conjunct Spica, it seens to me that she may well get involved in artistics activities.

Mars is also giving his disposition over fame matters to jupiter, which is angular in sagitarius (which is lord of part of exaltation), which receives mars by triplicity and decan. This and other indications let me think that maybe she has some good possibilities of fame.

So, let?s see if I am on the right track this time ;-)
Meu blog de astrologia (em portugues) http://yuzuru.wordpress.com
My blog of astrology (in english) http://episthemologie.wordpress.com

This is a remarkable chart in terms of imbalance. All the planets are in the eastern half, in southern declination and in northern latitude!

The nodal axis lies on the horizon. I ran a query in my database of well known people to find out who else has the south node conjunct (3?) the ASC. Queen Elisabeth II, Janis Joplin, Christopher Reeve, Jacqueline Kennedy, Hillary Clinton are some examples. What seems to be common to those people is an element of tragedy, either themselves or in the family. So this could well be the case too with mystery woman 13 (? ? a coincidence?).

Then, the Globular Cluster FACIES (M22) is conjunct the Sun and makes paran aspects to Mercury and Mars as well. As said in other mystery charts, this gives ?a very strong focus and determination to the point of ruthlessness? (Brady) either as a victim or a perpetrator. I would guess the victim is more probable here.

So my advice to this woman regarding job choice would be to deal with people who were victims of some sort ? refugees for example. A hard job but it would fit. Her generosity (Jupiter-Galactic Center ? ASC) and charm (Moon-Venus) would surely be appreciated.

Progressions and transits suggest that the past few months have been a period of transformation (progressed Sun square Pluto, transiting Pluto square the MC (?..SORRY Traditional Astrologers). Soon, progressed Mercury will be conjunct the Sun and transiting Jupiter will pass the ASC again. Transiting Uranus (sorry again) is square the ASC.
If she was my client, would tell her that this year is a good one to go ahead and change things.

There is much more in this chart but I stop here.

Ren?

Hi Rene,

This is a remarkable chart in terms of imbalance. All the planets are in the eastern half, in southern declination and in northern latitude!
I didn?t think anyone would ever mention this. Everything, traditional plus outers, is piled up around the ASC. When John Frawley and Noel Tyl agree, attention must be paid. If something jumps out at you in the chart, it does so for a reason; it must be important.
The nodal axis lies on the horizon. I ran a query in my database of well-known people to find out who else has the south node conjunct (3?) the ASC. Queen Elisabeth II, Janis Joplin, Christopher Reeve, Jacqueline Kennedy, Hillary Clinton are some examples. What seems to be common to those people is an element of tragedy, either themselves or in the family. So this could well be the case too with mystery woman 13 (? ? a coincidence?).
The ASC is the most important angle. The south node is malefic and it is smack on the ASC. If, and I say ?if? because there are quite a few understandings of the nodes out there, we look at the south node as ?where you get hurt,? on the ASC the native hurts herself. This is the case with Janis Joplin (self-inflicted, i.e. drugs and alcohol), and Christopher Reeve (solo accident). Jacqueline Kennedy is certainly a victim in that the horrible things that happened to her were not of her own doing. Hillary? I don?t know. I think she hurts herself and has, so far, managed to get away with it. But if the birth time that puts the SN on the ASC is correct, she isn?t through hurting herself, yet.
Then, the Globular Cluster FACIES (M22) is conjunct the Sun and makes paran aspects to Mercury and Mars as well. As said in other mystery charts, this gives ?a very strong focus and determination to the point of ruthlessness? (Brady) either as a victim or a perpetrator. I would guess the victim is more probable here.
I would say victim, too, and coupled with the south node on the ASC we get a person who is her own worst enemy. In her life there are elements of ?victimhood,? i.e. the occurrence of negative events beyond her control, and self inflicted problems.
So my advice to this woman regarding job choice would be to deal with people who were victims of some sort ? refugees for example. A hard job but it would fit. Her generosity (Jupiter-Galactic Center ? ASC) and charm (Moon-Venus) would surely be appreciated.

Progressions and transits suggest that the past few months have been a period of transformation (progressed Sun square Pluto, transiting Pluto square the MC (?..SORRY Traditional Astrologers).
Sorry moderns, I cannot resist. Commenting on Pluto?s recent demotion and the subsequent discovery of something or other bigger than Pluto but outside Pluto?s orbit:
It is now clear that this solar system contains, in the words of astronomy writer Stephen Eales, ?eight planets and two belts of builders rubble left over from its formation 4.5 billion years ago.? From planet to dwarf planet to ?builder?s rubble.? Oh dear.? - National Review, July 9, 2007.
Soon, progressed Mercury will be conjunct the Sun and transiting Jupiter will pass the ASC again. Transiting Uranus (sorry again) is square the ASC. If she was my client, would tell her that this year is a good one to go ahead and change things.
She did last year, but is there any way (and I don?t know that there is) to determine how she changed things? Or how to change things? The mention of a healing profession is one way.

I didn?t check, but when you refer to progressed Mercury conjunct the Sun are you referring to an exact conjunction? If so Mercury would be cazimi and we could do something positive with this. If not, i.e. you mean ?within orb? the Mercury is combust ? not good.

Tom