Astrologers at Bath Racecourse

Greetings everyone.
Just thought I'd mention here that I organise occasional social events for astrologers at Bath racecourse - taking up Dennis Elwell's advice to test our art out trying to predict winners.
For any of you who live close enough to come along - the next meeting I'm arranging is 27th June, first race 6.40pm, and it happens to be Ladies' Day - so go get that hat!
For those who live too far away, or can't make it, any advice on technique, or hot tips, very welcome. I've heard all sorts of legends about astrologers making thousands, and even one guy living as a tax exile in Monacco - but he allegedly used numerology, not astrology.
Well, with moon in Cap, and Saturn squaring my Venus in the 5th, I'm not going to be a hardened gambler, but I am looking forward to experimenting with relish. Please do join us if you can.
BW )(

Not very well. We got the symbolism right when it depended on colour, for example, but there were always several names reflecting the symbolism and we over-analysed it.
I did a lot better when I just did the girlie thing and picked what I fancied. Doesn't say much for my astrological ability, but we could get into an interesting Garry discussion, couldn't we?
Have you done any of this in Canada? What is your particular interest in the topic?
Jane )(

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your reply. I have been researching sports astrology for some time now and was curious of actual experiences: what systems people use, how they apply it and with what success. I'm not surprised that your intuitive picks were more successful than the astrological ones. To my knowledge, nobody has ever done a systematic study of sports astrology and so the systems in use are not based on evidence but are best guesses following a general application of symbolism.

There is ample racing here in Canada and the US, but I still tend to concentrate on the UK because of the free availability of the data.
Peter

Is the event going to be repeated this year? Is there a program somewhere on the net? I think my focus is on soccer at the moment, but I just might be up for a party! :)

I used to look for names when I was looking into the sport some time in the past. A horse that never had won anything or come anywhere suddenly took the contest with Venus in Scorpio. The horses name was 'Anika's Eagle'!

Apart for that I would search for a method that showed moments agreeable for the favourites, and when on occasion the outsiders or long-shots may hit in. The inconjunct was my yardstick for the outsider. :'
http://www.astronor.com

If you happen to have a meeting after August 12 sometime I would love to join you as my family and I will be visiting from New Zealand and passing through that area. Haven't got a specific date yet but I will be staying with a friend in Glastonbury.

We were invited to a race meeting as part of a Christmas function last year, and for want of any other method, I simply took the number of the corresponding Moon sign for that day (as good as anything else by the sounds of it!) and placed my first bet on number 2 and won - being the local astrologer and knowing a lot of people from local businesses - everyone else ended up taking number 2 too (and winning!) because my husband and I won the first three races - could have just been our lucky day but I have stuck to this method ever since winning a Melbourne Cup sweepstake many years ago when I drew Kensai from the hat - the number for the Moon sign that day was 8 and Kensai was horse 8/Barrier 8 - knowing this before the horses were distributed to everyone in the office I couldn't believe I actually drew it - ended up winning about $750! I originally got the method from a racing guide in the back of a Sydney astrology magazine called Astrological Review - it simply listed the numbers and colours corresponding to the daily Moon sign and any aspects it would make. I don't bother analysing colours, just stick to the number.

I had never been to the races before and this recent race meeting was a great social event - few wines, throw caution to the wind. The lady behind the booth was the funniest because she was saying "don't tell me, Number Two" to anyone who queued up behind me. Because Sensing Murder was the talk of the town, everyone was joking that we were Sensing Numbers!

The best
Tracey