Skyscript's forum membership increase - some statistics

Of Skyscript's current total of 755 registered forum members:
186 have joined in the past four months (7th February 2007 - 6th June 2007) alone;
81 joined in the previous four months (7th October 2006 - 6th February 2007):
54 joined in the previous four months (7th June 2006 - 6th October 2006);
A total of 321 members in the past year.

64 joined in the previous four months (7th February 2006 - 6th June 2006);
81 joined in the previous four months (7th October 2005 - 6th February 2006);
64 joined in the previous four months (7th June 2005 - 6th October 2005):
A total of 209 members in the previous year;

50 joined in the previous four months (7th February 2005 - 6th June 2005);
57 joined in the previous four months (7th October 2004 - 6th February 2005);
40 joined in the previous four months (7th June 2004 - 6th October 2004):
A total of 147 members in the previous year;

37 joined in the previous four months (7th February 2004 - 6th June 2004);
41 joined in the first just-under-four months (11th October 2003 - 6th February 2004):
A total of 78 members in the first just-under-eight months.

These figures indicate that in the past four months more than twice as many memberships have been newly registered to Skyscript's forum than in any previous four-month period of the forum's history.

They also show a healthy year-on-year increase in the rate of new members joining the forum, and a tendency towards higher rates of joining in the autumn-early winter and late winter-spring 'thirds' than in the summer 'third' of the year.

Congratulations to Deb, the moderators, and all who have made Skyscript's forum the very well-populated astrological discussion place it has become, without sacrifice to the quality of discussion!

As one of the 186 who has joined in the past four months, I think it might have something to do with the fact that UAC 2008 in Denver is being billed as the largest ever. After visiting their website and viewing all the tracks, I realized how expensive it would be to attend, and that there were many areas of astrology that I knew nothing about, including traditional astrology.

To make it worth my while to attend, I thought that I had better start making an effort to learn more astrology online at work when its slow. :brows

So I started surfing, and voila, here I am - this is a wonderful site that has already taught me so much that I did not know before.

The recent upsurge may be due to other factors as well, but novices overwhelmed by the thought of UAC may contribute significantly to new enrollment.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

I am also one of the 186 recent joiners.I started becoming more and more interested in traditional astrology somewhat due to what i have read of Deb's articles.I am lucky enough to live in Flagstaff,Az and attended The Blast astrology conference in Sedona, which showcased some amazing young astrologers many of whom are using ancient techniques.This conference was instrumental in me immersing myself in Firmicus maternus,Ptolmey,Al-Biruini etc For the last 6 weeks.I tested myself in this site's Quiz and reach the last Question and I think I answer correctly but it is saying I am wrong.Anyone else experiencing this? I think Haleys Comet returns in 2061/2062? Anyway, I love this site and look forward to the day I can join in a discussion and /or help delineate a mystery chart