It would be ironic if England did better against Brazil than Estonia. As you say, it's vital they beat Estonia.

Moon aspecting Saturn in Brazil game usually means problems for the favourite but, yet again, there's no clear-cut fave. According to Goca it indicates a draw. I'm hoping with Moon in 1st and Mars in 4th, England will win, but the Moon looks very "cluttered" and 4th isn't always reliable.

It was very interesting, chart-wise. Even the Moon in the first didn't work just because it's in a partile trine to Saturn... I hoped the benign aspect and relatively fine placed Saturn(not Rx and in the 9th) might mitigate its malevolance.

Ficina
Can I ask a couple of questions(as always)?
1) What do you mean by the Moon 'being 'cluttered'?
2) Are there any possible effects of the late degree of the AC? Do you think it contributed to the result of being a draw?
It would be ironic if England did better against Brazil than Estonia.
Judging form the last night performance, many people think it'll be easier but the chart suggests otherwise.

By the way Kaka was there last night wasn't he, if I wasn't mistaken? :shock:

What do you mean by the Moon 'being 'cluttered'?
Not a very technical term is it? :lol: It was just my impression when I first looked at the chart. The Moon looked hemmed in between Jupiter and Pluto, and I'd prefer to see it standing out more on its own. I didn't have the confidence in it that I'd usually have with a 1st house Moon. Does that make sense?
Are there any possible effects of the late degree of the AC?
I'd see it literally as something happening late. Brazil scored their goal in stoppage time.
Do you think it contributed to the result of being a draw?
I don't know. It would be worth comparing other charts with late Ascendants - when we have the time!

Yes, I did notice Kaka running around, until he was substituted :)

Thank you Ficina
The Moon looked hemmed in between Jupiter and Pluto, and I'd prefer to see it standing out more on its own. I didn't have the confidence in it that I'd usually have with a 1st house Moon. Does that make sense
Yes it does. Sorry it was one of those silly questions of mine. I initially thought it was rather a 'good' Moon carrying the light of Jupiter so I thought I missed something. Now I think the Moon's dispositor Jupiter being Rx contributed to the draw.

Mercury is beggining to slow down on Wesdnesday, which may mean a slightly poor performance on England's side, but I 'd say it'll be England's win at 1-0 with Estonia putting up a good fight(Jupiter in the 1st). The Croatia- Russia match will be a draw(0-0) as Jupiter is right on the AC.

Good point about Mercury slowing down, but still better than a retro Jupiter. I agree with you that 1-0 sounds a likely result, especially as Estonia have failed to score so far in any of their matches.

I ran the chart through in real time and noticed that Pluto lands directly on Asc at the end of the game. I wonder if Estonia will do something daft, like scoring an own goal, conceding a penalty or even missing a penalty?

Very disappointed it's not being shown on terrestrial TV. Will have to listen to the radio commentary.

ran the chart through in real time and noticed that Pluto lands directly on Asc at the end of the game. I wonder if Estonia will do something daft, like scoring an own goal, conceding a penalty or even missing a penalty?
That's a very interesting observation; runnign a chart through in real time is something I haven't done before.
Very disappointed it's not being shown on terrestrial TV. Will have to listen to the radio commentary
Me too. :(

Sorry to refer to a non-England match just after you amended the titile of this thread to include England matches. But when I heard on the news the Denmark-Sweden match(2 June, 20*00, Copenhagen) was abandoned, I had to look at the chart, only to find that the Moon was in Capricorn. I`ve only just started on my new collection of a hundred or so charts so I don`t know yet but indeed there seems to be something about Capricorn Moon as you said. And in this case again the Moon was OOB.

Yes, I read about that. Apparently a fan attacked the ref and he had to abandon the match. Very exciting game up to that point as Denmark had come back to level the score after being 3-0 down. What does that remind us of? :)

OOB Moon sounds an interesting one to follow up. Other planets can be OOB as well can't they? It's not something I've really looked at.

Yes in this particular case, Mercury was OOB too, ruling the 2nd and the 10th. I suppose fans would be signified by the Moon, so the fan's extreme out-of-order behaviour is reflected by the excessive declination of the Moon.
Last edited by Gem on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

any thoughts on this ?

"How do we handle the point that you know who you support but you might predict against them and then bet against them and then really you want them to loose?

That has to have implications.

And eventually serious ones.

Realy screw up the 'Psychic Flow' "

H.
Yikkes!

Having betted only once, I haven't yet been in the situation you described, but still I woudn't like the team I support to lose even if I betted against them. What are your own thoughts or experience on this, Hamish?

Mercury was OOB too, ruling the 2nd and the 10th. I suppose fans would be signified by the Moon
I was wondering whether 2nd and 8th might signify the respective fans (supporters/followers) so OOB Mercury would signify the Danish fans in this case. I'm assuming it was a Danish fan who attacked the ref after he sent a Danish player off and awarded a penalty to Sweden.