There are often non-runners, Goca. It's the trainer who makes the decision, usually because the ground isn't suitable for the horse - too soft or too hard, or sometimes because there's something wrong with the horse.

Bad luck, Deb and Coffee. But at least you went for something. I just couldn't make my mind up.

Authorized - Moon just into Cap and Saturn in 10th?

Bad luck on that late call for me. But called Authorised a while ago.

Full Moon on its moon did it.

Interesting about the event time method. Worth a look but will stick with horse transits :)
Makes much more sense.

Just looking at this chart now.

Apart from the obvious symbolic associations with the name (Moon Lord 10 in Cap, Saturn in 10th, Venus Lord 1 con MC), this is a good example chart for John Frawley's method for judging contest charts. The only testimony is Venus Lord 1 applying to MC, indicating the favourite winning. Authorized was a strong favourite (5/4) considering the size of the field.
Peter

Peter, the analysis relying on Venus as Lord 1 applying to the MC runs contrary to my note on the "Horseracing 2007-8" thread. In a chart with little else going for it, it may well be the best indicator of the eventual winner, however had it been any ordinary race, I would have passed on to another chart for another race!
If you want to get some practice in ahead of declarations, try the 2008 Cheltenham festival, running from 11th-14th March. The first races usually start at 2pm and are then followed by 2.35pm and 3.15pm. This gives us three months to get it all hopelessly wrong or gloriously right!
P

Pipedreamer,

If you're referring to your brief analysis of the 3:30 Newcastle on Saturday (Dec 1), then the point you are making is not relevant in this context. Here is why. The race went off at 3:32 pm, at which point Mercury Lord 1 was 7.5 degrees from the Descendant. Frawley specifically says to allow only 2-3 degrees off the angles. So Lord 1 is not indicating anything in the chart. If you add the 4 minutes it took to run the race, the situation is even worse because the separation becomes nearly 9 degrees.

In fact there are very clear indications in this chart against the favourite and nothing for it. Nothing surprising in the result from an astrological perspective.
Peter

Peter,
You appear annoyed and I find your reply rather abrupt. Brevity spares some people boredom.
You have made an assumption I do not feel inclined to explain - so please go on missing the point.
P.

Not annoyed at all, Pipedreamer, and my reply was not meant to be abrupt. If you choose not to carry on a discussion you started, that's your prerogative. I'll just go on being ignorant of your point. :)
Peter