The markets took a big dive this past week. The New York markets down about 5%. I didn't expect for a such a large drop to happen so soon based on the transits. Just goes to show that good astrology requires a multi-factored analysis.

Here's a look at that NYSE Composite Index chart with the tertiary progressions. A very clear negative indicator there -- P3 Mercury/Mars in conjunction exactly opposite p3 Saturn. I wish I had taken a look at this chart a few weeks ago. It's a no-brainer.

It will be interesting to see how the more malefic transits coming up for the Fall actually pan out. The progressions picture is not as clearly negative.
[/img]
www.modernvedicastrology.com

For comparison's sake, the NYSE incorporation chart for 1869 also shows very clear afflictions for this past week. Most obvious is transiting Mars conjoined the stellium in late sidereal Aries. Transit Saturn applied to natal Mars.

I am expecting the time around Aug 13-14 to also produce a fall in stocks as the transiting Venus-Saturn to comjoin on the natal Mars while transit Mars conjoins natal Mercury.
[/img]

It is certainly interesting at the moment.

The wider financial situation with subprime and hedge funds was easy to anticipate with the Neptune Saturn opposition. But I had the stock markets themselves as not going anywhere much over the summer - by which I assumed they would be flat because of the conflicting signals. In fact it appears that the conflicting signals are not cancelling ecah other out but leading to big fluctuations in both directions.

Thank you for posting the charts you use- although I use tropical zodiac and the Dow 1896 chart the picture they paint is very similar. In the 1896 chart transiting saturn will be in conjunction with progressed Jupiter on 12th August - close to your 13th-14th prediction.

I have also been looking at September/October time. The eclipse of 28th August is at 4 Virgo ( Tropical) and then on 13th October this degree is reactivated by the returning Venus Saturn conjunction. I am half way through researching how this affects the major financials on the London market - they all pick up the degrees but some obviously more harshly than others.

Yes, I've used the 1896 chart. Interesting that you see similar things there, too. I wouldn't have put so much importance on a transit to a progressed planet position, but we're quite idiosyncratic in our ways, aren't we? No two astrologers think alike. :D

Dow is down another 1% so far today. Depending on how it closes today, Monday will be volatile for sure. I do think a deeper decline is in store, but these transits are usually not as exact as one would like.

If astrology was easy, then we'd be bored with the predictability of life.

Great to see others contributing with such interesting detail! :'
First, I want to go back to my posting of May 28;
The most significant low of markets of the recent path was made on June 13. 2006. There is a lot of maths involved here, but the most basic and reasonable stipulation of a keydate and turning point would either be on June 2. 2007, which is 12 lunar synodic cycles from June 13.2006, or June 13. 2007 - which simple as it seems, represents an annular year of 365 days.
June 2. (or rather June 1.) is the day where the DJIA reaches is Orthodox Top. This is the first top in a 3-top sequence which is quite classical in market analysis. The first movement down is labelled (A), then there is a 3-wave system which includes the 2nd top, the 2nd dip and moves on to the final higher top on July 17. which is labelled (B).
There is 1,5 Lunar month between the Orthodox Top and (B). This doesn't quite work out on a calculator because June 2. is a Saturday, so the actual top was due either the day before or the first trading day after the weekend.

Now looking toward European markets, whether you use the FTSE, DAX or OMX30 as an example, you will find the the top occurs on July 13. - one lunation after the key-date of June 13. This is to point out that the markets are showing individual characteristics. Their behaviour varies to what may have been expected - and the oncoming movement is not just a simple DROP or CRASH - but the markets do develop in agreement by a ratio relevant to the predicted keydates.

Now the next movement down, as far as the DJIA is concerned, is likely to be severe and deep, and consist of 5 waves. We are now at the point of the third movement making its break down. When the 5 waves are completed - this will be labelled (C) and completes the first movement down of a bear-cycle. This is an traditional Elliot-wave interpretation.

I will have give the matter some thought - but the market is likely to propell downwards to either the Lunar eclipse of August 28. or the Solar eclipse of September 11.

Let's see how we get on - and keep on sending your ideas!!!
http://www.astronor.com

Good ideas there, Andrew. I've read some Elliot wave theory, but I'm not entirely convinced it works clearly.

The market did drop yesterday as I thought it might for Aug 13-14. I think the markets will tend to fall for the rest of this week.

It will be interesting to see if the eclipses provide an extra negative push to the markets.

I don't have much experience with eclipses and the market. Are you predicting the bottom because of a particular planetary pattern in the eclipses, or because of particular timing factors that are linked to the Elliot Wave?

Just based on the natal charts I use, I think the market will see new lows after the eclipses.

Off the top of my head; My general experience and notion is that the markets MAY find their tops or bottoms at the solar or lunar eclipses - the solar being in priority, but the turning point may come on either the preceeding or following lunation. According to the movement of the market - it also seemed worth while noting at which of the Moons nodes the solar eclipse occured, because the South node would depress and turn an expanding market down, while the North node may turn it up.

At any rate, just take this for thumb rules and keep your eye on the market. The astrological signification may be where the trouble ends - not where it begins. Or rather - I think things are connected and the key dates in June may easily prove to be in ratio with the eclipse dates in end August or mid-September.
http://www.astronor.com

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:Off the top of my head; My general experience and notion is that the markets MAY find their tops or bottoms at the solar or lunar eclipses - the solar being in priority, but the turning point may come on either the preceeding or following lunation. According to the movement of the market - it also seemed worth while noting at which of the Moons nodes the solar eclipse occured, because the South node would depress and turn an expanding market down, while the North node may turn it up.

At any rate, just take this for thumb rules and keep your eye on the market. The astrological signification may be where the trouble ends - not where it begins. Or rather - I think things are connected and the key dates in June may easily prove to be in ratio with the eclipse dates in end August or mid-September.
This would appear to be an area that is ripe for empirical research. Certainly, the crash of 1987 occurred a few weeks after eclipses. But then again, there are eclipses 4 eclipses a year regardless of whether its a bull or a bear market. I doubt there is any distinct pattern. The 1987 top occurred in August, whereas the first eclipse occurred a month later on Sep 23. Would this count as a "hit"? I don't know.