I admire your courage. I suspect it has a ways too go, but may recover, if temporarily. Medium term, I'm not optimistic on stocks. The S&P formed a classic double top this year (first top was its 2000 all time high) but failed to push through. I'm advising people to keep cash ready for early 2008 lows.

I'm not an active investor, as I feel I have much more to learn before I plunge in headlong.
www.modernvedicastrology.com

US markets hit their lows on Thursday; in Asia and Europe on Friday 17. Notice I turned long on Thursday. Yes, it looked nasty - but my position was sold in the market with a nice profit in the wake of the FED-chairman cutting interest rates on Friday.

I am now prepared for the possibility of a rebound leading us up toward the lunar eclipse of Aug. 28. The movement might develop like this;
Up through to Tuesday or Wednesday, follow by a drop back before a second thrust that will lead into the next week and complete the movement. But there is still an obvious need for caution and to stay on one's toes. Don't ever take anything for granted!

Details update: The DJIA used 30 days, or 29.53 days - which equals the Moon's synodic month, from the top of July 17. to the local bottom of August 16. The market is then likely to spend 11 days correcting this fall, or rather 11,23 days - which is 0.382 and a lesser fibonacci fraction of the lunar cycle. This will bring us up to August 28., which is the day of the lunar eclipse and I suspect may be the top before the new turn down.
http://www.astronor.com

Congrats, Andrew.

You look like a genius at the moment. I gather you are an active trader so you won't necessarily hold on to those equities for long.

I haven't looked at the indicators for the short term. Certainly there are signs of new lows late in 2008. For those who take a less active approach, I would think going long at the end of the year will pay off well in spring 2008. I can see a big rally then.
www.modernvedicastrology.com

I don't know whether any of you follow any of CNBC's shows (financial tv) who frequently are guested by techical analysists offering their opinion on market development. Yesterday technical analyst Chris Locke, of Oystermanagement.com, integrated both the lunar eclipse and solar eclipse of 11.September into his technical analysis. :!: :)

My thoughts on the stock markets, in view of the lunar eclipse tomorrow Aug 28., are that I think the retracement upwards seems uncompleted and markets might have further to go and need more time to complete their movement. Most often towards the end of a campaign, there is a spurt of conviction in the current direction. I do not see that as yet. Markets have been expressing stability - but then wishy-washy upward. The Swedish market seems 2,5%-6% short of any reasonable top.

The US markets have retraced 50% of their falls. The Norwegian market has retraced 38.2% of its losses - BUT the geometry still looks incomplete. It could be that the markets take a breather here and we could have completed the first leg up, but I am hesitant to bail out because I feel that some further market impetus is in store and we should look for a top at a later date that either forms a greater fractional relationship to the length of the lunar month, or that the movement terminates at the solar eclipse of September 11., which by the way occurs at the Moon's South node of downward motions.

This is essentially how I find that the market can be worked by the aid of astrology. Astrology provides guideposts to the big picture. As the market moves along, astrology provides a series of key dates to movements that develop in geometrical patterns. At key points it is possible to take a step back and see whether the pieces fit and the pattern makes sense. Adjust your exposiure in the market accordingly.

So the markets had their 2-3 day draw-back from Aug.27 to Aug.29. as suggested. European markets opened heavily in the negative on Wednesday morning only to end equally strong in the positive. The US markets, which fell by 2% on Tuesday regained all of Tuesdays losses during Wednesdays trading.

It will be exciting to see how the story unfolds from here on. I still suggest there may be further upside and an expectancy of 5-6% up on the Swedish OMX from the present level of 1187 may be a comparative measure. If this proves correct then both the picture of both time and value will fall into meaningful portions.

My guess is presently that the markets will show strength towards the middle of next week - but participants are still confused as to whether the trend is up or down, so risk will always be present. From Wednesday or Thursday the market will retreat in attempt to confirm the direction of the intermediate movement. This will bring us closer to the solar eclipse of September 11. for the next turningpoint. My current position is that the market movement is up.

What I am looking for the next few days is something like 3% up on the OMXS30. If the market only manages 1% then the total picture may be more bearish.

From the low of Aug.17 we anticipated an initial move up lasting 11days (0.382 of the synodic lunar months) which brought us up to the lunar eclipse of Aug.28. But as I said at the time, the movement didn't look completed. 0.618 of the lunar month is 18days - providing a new possible keydate of Sept.4. Being 7 days after the lunar eclipse of Aug.28. this coincides with the Moon's waning quarter.

The markets continue to be extremely volatile at present and anticipating the markets next move seems to be the name of the game. Therefore, markets tend to respond ahead of themselves. In many cases market participants appear to be taking positions one day ahead of what is normal - making it even more difficult to navigate rationally in view of the volatile circumstances.

If the OMX does show a 3% rally the next few days - then super! My first expectations after that would be a 4% retracement. Whether the solar eclipse proves to provide a key date remains to be shown - I am more concerned with the time fragements in relation to the length of the lunar months and key dates in the past, at present.

But Sept.11. is a special day in the memory of many. Maybe the solar eclipse occuring on this day could bring about something unexpected that could turn matters round.

I believe we were right in suggsting an exit of long postions either yesterday or today. Now is the time to either try a short or take a break. Quite frankly, anything could happen at this point. There could either be a drawback of some significance that will set the market up for further rallies, or the market COULD CRASH!

According to news there was some attempted terror attack at Frankfurt Airport today. Fortunately all ended well - but unexpected events may upset the balance at this point.

Now new astrology at this point. We are moving within the boundaries of the timing cycles already discussed. Lunar cycles, lunar eclipse, solar eclipse and market retracements.

Dismal Friday

The markets have backed off the last few days as we anticipated, culiminating with Friday's sell-off following the off-set caused by the US employment report. This was released at 12.30 GMT at which time the Moon was VOC at 28 Cancer in the degree of Mars' fall. In my experience this is a degree off unrest, disagreement and infection. There was a lot of shouting and yelling on the market floors, as European markets responded to the negative in particular.

But then the Moon WAS Void of Course - could there been a market misinterpretation or over-reaction of some kind. The possibility is still that markets will turn up again on Monday and then push above the highs of last week. It seems obvious to me that the FED is likely to cut interest rates again, agressively, with 50 basis points being more likely than 25 and I expect this rate-cut to come sooner, rather than later.

Asian investors may also decide that it is time to put money on the table again in accord with the growth of their own region and I would see the response from other global markets as a part of the shift in focus in global economies. US markets will continue to be significant but Asian opportunity and growth will be more important while the US sorts out matters of national debt and a weakening dollar.

The market made a short-term, but still significant peak around the lunar eclipse of Aug.28. Maybe we have an equivelant low in conjunction with next weeks solar eclipse.

The US market peaked on July 17. to bottom out on Aug 16., spending one synodic month to perform the movement. As a guide, we should look toward where-ever the market is on Sept 14-15. or maybe half a lunar cycle after that which would bring us to Sept 28. The markets continue to be volatile and nothing will be a one-way issue for still some time to come.

Well, we seem to be doing just great! My next expectations would be to see the markets rally through to the 14th or 15th which would reflect one synodic lunar cycle from the low af Aug. 16, or two cycles from the top of July 17. Then maybe back a bit in await of whether the FED cuts rates with 25 or 50 basis points on the 18th. My guess is that there is a 50 basis points cut in store. The potential would then be a second top on either Sep 25 or 26, which would reflect an 11day interval (or 38.2% of the lunar cycle) from any top shown on September 14 or 15. But we shall just have to follow along and as the pattern unfolds and adjust our model accordingly.