Predicting the winner of sporting events

I occasionally do radio appearances predicting the outfall of sporting tournaments. The last occasion was the performance of the Norwegian participants in the 2006 winter Olympics. The deductions are quite startling - and it is possible to pinpoint the athelete who succeeds and he/she who does not manage to perform. In many cases I specifically predict the placement and value of medal that the participant wins.

The method is by using the Age Point http://www.astronor.com/apfp.htm on solar charts. Naturally the accurate birthdata of all the competitors is not available but the assuption may be that any of those atheletes who qualify to the Olympic Games may qualify to a catagory of superstars that are justly represented by the sunrise chart of their day of birth.

The Age Point is directed clockwise with the clock at the rate of 5 years for every sign. The age of the athelete will lead to the accurate position of the Age Point at the time of the tournement. The general rule is thus - 1) judge by the planet located in the sign containing the Age Point. I.e. Moon gives silver, Venus indicates bronze etc. 2) Any additional exceptional dignity, ie. rulership or exaltation, or relationship to the Sun, may indicate the Gold medal 3) When the presence of any planet is lacking, jugde by the dispositor of the sign of the Age Point and any planet to which he is alligned. 4) Lack of any planet of prominence or essential dignity means that the athelete does not succeed in performing. 5) Make a particular note of the state of Mercury when he appears, because he is the wavering quicksilver - indicates the World record and may lie above and beyond the gold medal.

I have found these simple rules to be accurate in many occasions where the odds where heavily stocked in my disfavour.

Personally I have had very good results using these simple rules.
Erect the chart for the time and place of the start of the game.
The Home team gets the ASC. The Away team is the 7th.
If the game is on a neutral field then which ever team wearing the home colors gets the ASC.
The exception is if one of the 2 teams is a defending champion in the championship game, then it gets the ASC.

Look to see which teams ruler is the best dignified.
Look to see where the Part of Fortune is and which team does it favor.
The Part of Fortune in one teams 1st or 5th is very good.
If a teams ruler is in mutual reception it indicates that team will suffer bad fortune at the beginning then come back to win.

Do a chart for this past Super Bowl.
Feb. 4th, Miami Fla. 3:25 EST, as an example.
The Bears were the home team.

If a teams ruler is in mutual reception it indicates that team will suffer bad fortune at the beginning then come back to win.
In 2 next matches we have this case (Bayern vs Real Madrid and Liverpool vs Barcelona), ruler of ASC Ve, 7th house, is in mutual reception with Sun, 5th house, and I did not know if that is something important, so, thanks for this explanation you shared with us!
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

If you would, please give us the time and place for the 2 games.
I would love to do a chart on them and see how they come out.

Forcasting sporting events is an excellent training ground for all Horary.

This is great and shows the instance of a simple contest between either two players or two teams. But in other cases there may be 50 contestants or more competing for the Gold (Sun), Silver (Moon) or Bronze (Venus) medals. Additionally, the 4th (Tin=Jupiter), 5th (Iron=Mars) and 6th (Lead=Saturn) position may be awarded points.

Mercury (Quicksilver) is a variable and may indicate the Championship or World record. Several planets ahead of Mercury (with a greater zodiacal longitude) may indicate several competitors beating the old record.

I include the horary chart regarding the placement of the Norwegian female javelin contestant, Trine Solberg, in the 1988 Summer Olympics http://www.astronor.com/OLYMP1.GIF because it demonstrates my point. Notice the position of Mercury conjunct the fixed star Regulus in this chart and the chain of planets that follows. Mercury has a higher zodiacal position than the Sun and the World record was not broken by the Gold medal winner in this contest.

Oh - and this chart is calculated north of the Arctic Circle. The Midheaven captures the ascendant at 6 degree Sagittarius at which point the MC goes below the horison from 6SG throu' to 24CP. ( 6SG-24CP & 6GE-24CN do not intercect the horison, hence the midnight Sun during Summer and continual darkness during Winter ) The Asc. jumps from 6SG to 6GEMINI and retrogrades rapidly through the signs of short ascension before joining up with the MC at 24CP, then the Asc. jumps to 24CN and slowly progresses through the signs of long ascension... but all that is another discussion.
http://www.astronor.com

Thanks for posting the info.

There is one big problem with both these charts, the Moon is in Via Combusta for both games.
In my opinion, any chart with the Moon in Via Combusta all the way through the end of Scorpio, it renders the chart " unpredictable ". There is no way to tell how it will eventually come out. Usually, no matter what you think, something else will happen. Ann Nicole Smith died with the Moon in Via Combusta, for example, and everyone knows how that's going.

Off hand, the chart standing for both Home and Away are pretty equally lousy. Venus is in Aries, in it's detriment, in the 7th. and Mars is in Aquarius with no standing at all in the 4th.
I would lean slightly with the Away team because the Part of Fortune is in the Away teams 2nd.
However, with the Moon in Via Combusta, I wouldn't hazard to predict the winners of these games.

There is one big problem with both these charts, the Moon is in Via Combusta for both games.
You are absolutely right! Very often my predictions for matches with Moon in V. Combusta are wrong.
Usually, no matter what you think, something else will happen.
Right again! That was the case in tennis match Djokovic vs Nadal, http://www.geocities.com/astrosport88/novaknadal.html - Who would expect that end?
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.astrosport07.webs.com
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/

An interesting contest coming up is the Oscar De Lahoya vs Floyd Mayweather fight.
It will be on May 5th, in Las Vegas.
The Pay per View is scheduled to begin at 6PM PDT. but I imagine the fight itself won't start till at least 8PM.
I havn't decided yet who should get the ASC.
Mayweather is the present favorite, but I would like something better than that to go on. I'm trying to find out if one of them is a defending champion.

I made a prediction regarding the winners of the Idol Song Contest in Norway a few years back and listed the top four participants. To my surprize my list was reversed; My winner came fourth, my number two came third, my number three came second and my number four won the whole thing.

Mercury was retrograde.

When the show was over the Idol winner experienced nothing but a flop with virtually nobody turning up to his appearances. But number four (my predicted winner) continued in popularity, released a CD, a video and continued to appear as a celebrity in both radio and television.

Mercury retrograde sent somebody the wrong way. In the end it turned out to be the voters!

I am finding the current impetus from nipoleon as rather refreshing, however, my advice would be that if you wish to apply a stricture - stick with your stricture and do not in any case pass judgement. However, it does make sense passing judgement as an example in a sure case, where you are certain that your judgement is correct but will be overriden by the stricture, hence providing a case that demonstrates the stricture.

I find the comments regarding the Via Combust as highly interesting, but at present I have not come across a stricture that did not in some way convey information that gave understanding and meaning in judgement of the matter of question, i.e. the Asc in a early or late degree, or the chart not radical. I will have to give your observations some more thought!
http://www.astronor.com

The De Lahoya/ Mayweather fight is scheduled for May 5th in Las Vegas.
36/12 N, 115/12 W. I'm going to estimate that the fight will probably start about 8pm PDT. An estimate about the starting time is the best I can think of since a lot depends upon the length of the preliminary bouts.
De La Hoya is the defending champion, so I will give him the ASC.
Presently I'm still studying the chart.

One of the pleasures and pains of doing Hoary charts of contests is that the results of your predictions are obvious and certain. You quickly and easily discover whether you're right or wrong. We know how people love to go back and revise their readings after the fact.
Personally, my approach is that the chart always reveals the truth. It's our job to try to hear that truth the chart is telling. Like learning a language, the message is not wholly in just the words themselves. Sometimes the chart yells out it's message, sometimes it whispers.
Chart interpretation will always be an art rather than an exact science.