They think it's all over (Playoffs & England Matches)

It's not quite all over. We have three playoffs over this Bank Holiday weekend to decide which teams are promoted to a higher division. The biggy is on Monday - Derby or West Brom will be promoted to the Premiership.

All three matches kick off at 3pm at Wembley, so the charts are quite similar.

Bristol Rovers v Shrewsbury Town 26 May
Yeovil Town v Blackpool 27 May
Derby County v West Brom 28 May

I've listed them as per the fixtures lists. The faves (all odds on) are Bristol Rovers, Blackpool and West Brom.

I haven't studied these charts in detail yet but what stands out is Moon in 1st versus Mars in 7th. The Monday chart is slightly different with Moon on 2nd cusp.

Does anyone have any thoughts or are we all suffering from footie fatigue? :D
Last edited by Ficina on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bristol Rovers won 3-1. The Scottish Cup Final which kicked off at the same time was won by Celtic, the odds on favourites, 1-0.

So giving the Asc to the faves worked and the angular Moon indicated the win for them. With Mars in 7th, the opposition put up a good fight. Shrewsbury scored first against Rovers, and Celtic didn't score until very late on in their game although everyone had expected it to be a walkover for them.

Blackpool won 2-0. So again the faves prevailed with Moon in 1st. It will be interesting to see if the same thing happens tomorrow. Moon is on 2nd cusp, but will be moving into the 1st in real time. I haven't found this to be totally reliable in the past, so I will be keeping a close eye on it for future reference.

Ficina
It was a real treat to read your posts on football :D Sorry I missed earlier posts. I`d only looked at today`s chart and was wondering about the Moon in the 2nd too. As you pointed out it`s moving into the 1st and Venus(their sig) is in 10th, so I`ll go for West Brom as expected.

Today`s match, a friendly with Brazil and the Euro qualifyer with Estonia, and then it`s all over :-cry

I`m looking forward to the Brazili game next week as it`ll be shown on BBC , though I heard on the radio before the UEFA League that Kaka wasn`t bothered to turn up beccause he`d be on holiday. The man on the radio expressed my sentiment exactly when he said, `then don`t bother to turn up at the Final in Athens either!`
Last edited by Gem on Mon May 28, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hi Gem :D

I wasn't sure whether the angular Mars and Venus cancelled each other out, or if Mars in 7th was better than Venus in 10th. The Moon overruled in the previous two games, so we'll see what happens today.

On Sat and Sun the Moon was making two applying aspects within 5 degs, which can mean two goals scored or a two goal difference. The results were 3-1 and 2-0. Moon aspecting Mars in first game indicated a goal for the underdogs. Today we have one applying aspect, indicating one goal or one goal difference. As I've said before, this method isn't totally reliable so I won't be risking my money on it.

Yes, very sad there's only two games after this one. And I'm not sure if it's worth looking at the Estonia match chart because there will be other Euro qualifiers kicking off at the same time.

Great that the Brazil match is on TV. Looking forward to seeing what difference Beckham makes to the team. As for Kaka...... :roll:

Just noticed that West Brom are no longer odds on. They are still faves but it's more marginal now, and this is where I came unstuck in the recent cup finals when trying to allocate the Asc :-? West Brom are apparently the better team "on paper" because they have some high calibre players. Hmm....

Hmm. I looked at the league table and Derby is above W Brom. So it seems like a case of no strong faves again.

Incidentally I deleted the Beckham bit as I appeared as if I was a fan and I am not, though I definitely think he deserves to be included in the squad.

I didn`t know other qualifiers are kicking off at the same time but the local coordinates must be varied. I looked at the chart but it looks very difficult for England(6 June, 21:30 Tallinn), with Jupiter(Estonia) in the 1st moving towards the AC in real time. The Moon is VOC and is in a Saturn ruled sign. Mercury(England) is also angular so it`s likely to be a draw, unless Mars on the IC can swing it for England.

Maybe I should've put my money on after all, for either side to win 1-0. Not sure what the odds were but probably around 6/1 or 7/1. Anyway, Derby won 1-0.

I thought you might have been a Beckham fan, Gem, because of the ManU connection :)

Yes, Estonia game could be a draw. As you say, Moon is VOC if we don't include sextile to Pluto :P

The question of who gets the AC aside, yesterday`s chart was a difficult one to be figured out. Ficina, in your opinion, which one is better off or stronger, the AC team or the DC team in this chart?

I'd say the Asc team was stronger for the reasons we said, Gem - Moon moving from 2nd to 1st plus Venus in 10th. It was 0-0 for quite a long time until Derby finally scored, and this was shown by the strength of Mars in 7th. A tight game with only one goal separating the teams, which was also shown by the Moon's one aspect.

I only have a few examples of Moon moving from succedent to angular house. Most of these have shown a win but some a draw, depending on other things in the chart.

Thank you very much for that, Ficina. Now it makes sense! :D I wasn`t sure because with Mars closer to the 7th cusp, the strength seemed balanced out. I now see that in this instance the Moon moving into the 1st making an aspect made a difference bringing a late goal.
Last edited by Gem on Tue May 29, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.