Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Champions League 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ficina

Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's a Chelsea bun fight is it? Razz

If I've counted right, 7 out of 19 bookies now make ManU faves, so I'm going for them. You can compare the odds here. Switching the option to decimal makes it easier to see.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup/man-utd-v-chelsea
Ficina

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will it be decided after 90 mins, extra time or penalties? The previous two cup finals went to penalties, the VOC Moon indicating the draw and the fixity of one or both sigs (and the Moon) taking the games all the way to the wire.

In this chart the Moon is applying conj Venus and there's no fixity. The only contra-indication is the late Asc but I don't know if this will have sufficient influence. I've no experience of it so will be interesting to see. Presuming it hasn't, then I'm going for 90 mins. What does anyone else think?
Goca

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ficina, very interesting question! In yesterday match UEFA CUP, Espanyol vs Sevilla, angles were fix, Moon was fix, rulers cardinal, it was extra time and penalties!
Here we have angles and rulers(one retro) mutabile, Moon cardinal, so I go to extra time, but not penalties (if angles were cardinal I would go to 90min). As you said, I have no experience, so it will be interesting to see!
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/
Gem

Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any one of you looked at declinations? The Moon in the FA Cup Final is Out of Bounds, so it may behave in an erratic way or could produce loads of goals. In the ManU- Rome match where Man U scored seven goals, the Moon in Cap was OOB. I haven't looked at Capricorn Moons in the other charts but when it has some 'effects'(as Ficina said), it may have to do with the Moon being OOB.

Very pleased to hear that Man U are now faves Very Happy
Ficina

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goca,
Thanks for the info re UEFA Cup. I hadn't looked at the chart beforehand but I see the Moon was combust. Another indication for a draw perhaps?

Gem,
Your observations re OOB Moon are interesting. I've never thought to look at declinations. Let's hope there are lots of goals. Will make it worthwhile for all those fans who had to queue in the middle of the night to buy their tickets at 65 a go!
Gem

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading up the other threads related to football in this section and was delighted to read that Ficina was compiling ahorisms. How are you getting on with it? or have you completed it? Love to hear more about it! Very Happy

I thought I'd look at the declinations of the charts which I just can't understand the result...

Last edited by Gem on Mon May 21, 2007 9:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Gem

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I've found it difficult to find is where matches are taking place. Ficina gave us a link to www.fixtures365.co.uk in another thread but the site doesn't seem to list the place. Does anyone know any good website?
Ficina

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gem,
Regarding fixtures, most games are played at the home team's ground, so I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Do you mean cup finals etc that are played on neutral ground? Anyway, here's a link that's quite useful.

http://stadiums.football.co.uk/

My aphorisms are still a work in progress. It's a time-consuming business and I've got all behind with it. You've heard about quite a few of them already on this thread, e.g. angular Moon, angular sig, Moon VOC, Moon asp Saturn. I'll try and catch up with it over the summer.

Is anyone having any bets on the Cup Final tomorrow?
SIDERUM

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!!!
My pronostic is MAN UTD is the Winner!!! (2x0).
When was Champion MAN UTD in the UEFA Cup 1968, Moon in Cancer in the first degree.
Kind regards
Mario
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sit down and enjoy a Chelsea bun with the rest of us while we wait for the result! Leery (Internal joke - read at top)
Gem

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ficina
Thanks for the useful link. I was thinking about the Premiership matches. I thought I couldn't find the place from the www.fixtures365.co.uk... maybe they list the home team first?
I'm going to bet a tiny amount of money(as it's being my first bet) on Man U. I'm already nervous!!
If you're ever going to publish your aphorisms, let us know. I'll be one of the first ones to order a copy Very Happy
Goca mentioned the UEFA Cup final. The West Brom- Wolverhampton match was played exactly at the same, where W Brom won 1-0. The applying new Moon(very unfortunate in traditional astrology) worked against the DC team but as the MC was in Virgo in this chart, it wasn't a draw.

Hi Mario
How did you come to your conclusion? Could you give me the data for the 1968 match?
Yikkes!

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are DOOMED without Horary Tongue Out

Good Luck Today !
Ficina

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
maybe they list the home team first?

Yes, home team is always listed first. On the stadium link I gave you, if you click Fixtures from the list on the left it tells you exactly where the games are being played.
Quote:
If you're ever going to publish your aphorisms, let us know. I'll be one of the first ones to order a copy

Very Happy I hadn't thought of publishing but you never know....

Good luck with your foray into the world of betting! Are you going for 90 mins, extra time or penalties? The odds for ManU to win after 90 mins are very skinny. If Chelsea score first I might put a bet on at that point because the odds will improve.

Enjoy the game everybody Smile
Gem

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ficina, that's very helpful.

[quote][quote]Are you going for 90 mins, extra time or penalties? /quote]

I've just come back from my local betting shop and that's exacly what the lady at the counter asked me and I got stumped for a moment as I just had a simple win or lose in my mind. The betting world is a new world in itself and appeared to be very compilicated for a beginner with multiple kinds of bets on offer.

Yikkes!
Good luck with your HORROR Horary too Tongue Out
Goca

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Chelsea win the FA Cup with a Didier Drogba goal late in extra-time against Man Utd. "(BBC sport)

As you see my "color" method was OK and I was right about extra time too. No, I do not earn money, I do not bet, I do this for fun!
I am very interested to see will my "chinese" method will work for UEFA Chamapions leaugue, final.
Have a nice evening! Lala Happy
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Sport and Speculation All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: