Odds and ends with astrology

With more than 25 years experience with predictive astrology it strikes me that many of my predictions are categorized as either too common, casual or likely to be given credit - or on the other end of the scale have been too good to believe and should not be given serious consideration.

For instance, on May 10. 1994 I appeared on Norwegian television TV2 and made the two following predictions; Norway will not enter the EU and Gro Harlem Brundtland will not complete her period as Norwegian Prime Minister. No one else was to put their head on a plate in a similar fashion but when 52,2% of the Norwegians turns the EU down in November of 1994, people just turned round and said 'Well, anyone could have said that.' The response was no different when Gro Harlem Brundtland left her post before completing her period as Prime Minister in the end of 1996.

On October 3. 2005 I called a top to the Norwegian stock market for the Norwegian press with the result of the Norwegian market immediately plunging 16% from that exact date. One editor did actually give credit to the prediction, although the general consensus was that the correction was overdue and expected by many. The financial market had their own champion analysts without the aid of an astrologer. Thank you, goodbye!

So the challenge on behalf of the astrologer seems to be to come up with the unlikely.

By sending the Norwegian Crown Prince Harald a personal letter on March 23.1990 warning him of career changes highlighted within his own chart for coming June and the need to off-load and support his fathers health in the coming months, the accuracy although constructive nature of the warning was too close to home when King Olav V was taken seriously ill and suffered a stroke towards the latter part of May. Crown Prince Harald took over as regent from June 1.

The same was the situation after I warned the Tsunami quake and pinpointed the area exactly one year in advance for Radio P4. 'We don't want to touch it - we don't want to know'.

Now on this forum, under the topic 'The Basics of Getting it Right', I have demonstrated getting 6 out of 7 winning numbers right on the second attempt with 34 balls being in the draw. The odds of getting 6 out of 7 right is 1:28463! In my opinion the electional experiments of this topic are pretty interesting, but the objection will probably be 'Ah, but you didn't get it right last time did you?' This reveals an obvious miscomprehension because, honestly, surely the astrologer doesn't has to put up an odds of 1:28463 every week to demonstrate his skill, does he?

The odds for winning the Norwegian lotto are 1:5.379.616. For the sake of making a point, Norway and Great Britain are roughly the same size, in the sense that if you take an average school classroom map of you country down from above the blackboard and spread it out on the floor and stand on it, and we assume that one average size stone is dropping out of space and into your country, then the chances of winning in the lotto are just about equal to the chances of the stone dropping out of space landing on your head and onto the map that you are standing on.

My point is this: Missing is easy. To discribe something in advance and then make a dead hit is difficult. In my opinion we should be giving the question of odds some attention because by defining the odds we are coming closer to an understanding and an appreciation of the astrologer's task and role.
Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.astronor.com

Hi Andrew,let it be. In my 20 years as astrologer,i'm accustumed to this unwillingness
When we get old, maybe we can receive some prize of some astrological group ):

Then wen can hang the medail or diploma on the wall and show it with pride to our grandsons.
Lilly said "ars longa,vita brevis",nobody is so important.we are only grains of sand in the universe...Sometimes,we give too much value to others opinions,it's a waste of time...
all the best
Gerson
"Life is a gift,enjoy"

Andrew---

My feelings are the same.

If you make a correct prediction and it lateron proves right the people dont give it much credit.

In 2001 i was interested in Palmistry. I saw a hand of my colleauge and said that he would marry at the age of 27 in 2005. I also wrote many things which were not psychological in origin and were predictions of static future events.

Last year he said that he has married at the age of 28 and says that i was wrong by one year, however he admits that my timing and indication of events was correct in other instances.

The issues of Ego surface on individual level as well group level.

People are reluctant to admit their mistakes and also to admit that some one was RIGHT.

From last year, i have changed my modus operandi. I am not apologetic. I dont say about furture potentials and Psycho lingo things. I just make predictions. I dont care about people. After all we are astrologers and not psychologists. Our business is to predict. :'

Regarding your TV predictions, i am amazed. If you had been in Pakistan you would have been appreciated and would have gain large clientage.

Some thing wrong in your chart which is working against you :lol:

P.s I think i have to seriously give thoughts to learning your AP System.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Andrew,

most astrologers are not appreciated in their own time, from what I can observe, it is the review of their work once they pass that usually gets them recognition.

For one thing Astrologers tend to be very quick to tear apart each others work, and to analyze things to shreds, and then people who want to ask astologers things dont always appreciate the work that goes into it, so you are sort of stuck between a rock and a hard space...

keep documenting what you say and you will eventually be appreciated.

hehehe, well my .02 Granny