and the answer is..

Well! the answer will be NO!

I asked a question:

Will I be elected as a representative to a committee?

2 Apr 2007
10:34:11 AEST -10:00
Brisbane
Australia
27S28
153E02

Trouble in the beginning... I am a sagittarian- Sagittarius is in the 7th !!
Anyway, ascendant is Gemini, Lord mercury is in detriment applying to a square of 10th lord jupiter.
Don't know why venus is trying to chip in but doesn't help.
Mercury is applying to sextile venus- but venus goes and bashes into saturn thus not able to help.

Moon has a mixed exchange with Venus but applies to opposition of Sun before it does anything.

Venus could be the advisor/counsellor/messenger etc being the 5th house ruler but its contact with mercury doesn't take place before square of jupiter.

In all, I think this is a case of bad judgement in applying for the post.
It is an unpaid post so the idea is not of money.

Any one disagrees :) ?? :-cry

Anyway, ascendant is Gemini, Lord mercury is in detriment applying to a square of 10th lord jupiter.
but it's a square with reception, isn't it?
I thought it means a positive answer

>>
but it's a square with reception, isn't it?
I thought it means a positive answe
r<<

Jupiter is not in any dignity of Mercury- so there is no mutual reception, the word 'reception' has been used variously and liberally, unilateral reception or mercury being disposed of by jupiter is not the same as mutual reception. Between the two of them - there can only be a mutual reception in detriment by sign.

Both the signifactors are not in the sign of identical ascension- so Lilly's idea of square ending up as sextile/trine will not hold.

Using the 5 degree rule for cusp- mercury could be presumed to have nudged in the 10th house- and that could be a positive and maybe, the only positive.

PD

It is not necessary, but other adverse factors of strength and aspect don't help. If this one sided reception without a favourable applying aspect and a weak signifactor of querent is enough- then I might as well ask a few more horaries before it gets worse :)

I have had a few horaries where Moon applying by a favourable aspect to Sun was the only positive indication and the event had a positive outcome(sorry! I don't have that chart) but here even the luminaries are in opposition.

PD

Hi PD

I don?t see this chart as negatively as you do. The Moon is applying to the trine of the ascendant, and the asc-ruler is sitting on the MC, immediately applying to the square of the MC ruler who receives it by sign. So you have emplacement, and perfection from immediately applying aspects. Squares don?t deny perfection, but they show that you need to put the effort in. The Moon will go on to oppose the Sun, so this might show that there will be some conflict to deal with, but I think there is enough in this chart for you to be positive about this.

Good luck
Deb

Hi PD

I don?t see this chart as negatively as you do. The Moon is applying to the trine of the ascendant, and the asc-ruler is sitting on the MC, immediately applying to the square of the MC ruler who receives it by sign. So you have emplacement, and perfection from immediately applying aspects. Squares don?t deny perfection, but they show that you need to put the effort in. The Moon will go on to oppose the Sun, so this might show that there will be some conflict to deal with, but I think there is enough in this chart for you to be positive about this.

Good luck
Deb
Hi Deb,

you were right.
I got a letter Dated 18/05/2007 stating that I have been appointed the representative. But , I also have found out that another powerful person was opposing me and now I have much bigger enemies than I thought.

regards

Pankaj

Hi Pankj--

Congratulations to you and to Deb. If you dont mind i would do a post mortem of this chart from a learning point of view to see why you got the job? I would also use Deb observations.

-Angles Mutable.

-Moon in Libra. In 4th house. She is received by Venus in her house, Saturn in his exaltation, Saturn in his Triplicity, Saturn in his terms and Moon in his face. Furthermore Moon is in 9th division of Mars (Scorpio). Moon and Mars are friends.

-Moon is in an aspect (wide one) with her dispositor. Venus is essentially dignified but in a Cadent house. So we have a mixed moon. Not bad but not overly good.

-Moon separates from POF (sextile) and applies to the essentially and accidentally dignified Sun (10th house) with an opposition. :???:

-The Lord of Ascendant is in the house of his detriment but conjunct MC (10th house).

-The Lord of 10th house is in his own house i.e Sagittarius but in 7th house and quite dignified. but is stationing.

-The Lord of Ascendant is applying by square aspect to Quesited.

According to rule (yes Tajik). Mercury can not be square to any planet if that planet is in Gemini and Mercury in Virgo or that planet is in Virgo and Mercury in Gemini. Similarly Jupiter can not be square to any planet. If that planet is in PIsces and Jupiter in Sagittarius or that planet is in Sagittarius and Jupiter in PIsces. The apparent square becomes a trine. The rule only holds for Mercury and Jupiter. There is another rule when both are in their own houses and in opposition.

So, effectively there was no square but Trine cause Jupiter was in his own house and was in aspect with a planet who was in Jupiter house. Ofcourse i am not talking about Short ascension or Long ascension sign rules.

Now Mercury ( a detrimental planet) is applying to a dignified planet. But that planet has received him in his house.

Timing. You have received letter within 46 days of horary. which means 6 and 1/2 weeks. Moon was within 6 and half degrees of ascendant. Moon is also within 7 and 1/2 degrees of Sun. So, kind of opposition (Sun Strong) within one week of receiving of letter. :???:

It was easy for me to speculate when i have seen the outcome. Anyhow, i would suspect that by August 07, as Jupiter would be stationing. Perhaps we see another horary. :lol:

Best of Luck. :'
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Hi STJ,
nice analysis using Tajik rules.
This was not a job horary and I don't get paid for that position either. It is just a kind of thing that you write on CV and feel somewhat happy.

Pankaj

Deb wrote:Always the way... We look forward to your future horary of whether or not to resign.

But for now, congrats :'
I did resign, I think towards late 2008, but the Faculty too lost its existence by end of 2009.The Biblical floods followed next year.

PD