Which House for Food Supply?

For some time now I?ve been amusing myself with quick-and-easy mundane work (Ok- dabbling) by looking at the New Moon charts for Washington, DC as a possible indication of the following month for the country as a whole. I just took a look at the recent pet deaths due to tainted pet food. [http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/americas/6475067.stm]

The New Moon chart doesn?t show anything of interest, but the Full Moon chart does (March 03, 2007, 7:17 PM EDT, Washington. ASC: 16 Vir 46). The poisonings took place after the Full Moon and before the New Moon of March 18.

Taking the 6th house as the house of the nation's pets, the ASC of the Full Moon chart is the 8th house cusp for pets. Saturn as ruler of 6th (pet's ASC) is on the pet's DESC. The Sun-Moon opposition is conjunct the 2nd and 8th cusp axis for pets.

What got me to post this was trying to decide which house would signify the food supply for pets. Is it the 2nd or 6th house from the 6th? For food supplies in general I found:

2nd: ?Ibn Ezra placed food under this house and we may assume that in mundane charts it influences the status and value of the nation's crops, produce, and essential supplies.?
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html

6th: ?The nation's food reserves, especially grains, and the farming industry.?
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h6.html

Which house is most commonly used? (Or in your opinion) Most successfully used?

The Sun-Moon opposition involving derived 2 & 8 therefore looks interesting following Ibn Ezra. But the Moon (conjunct pet's 8th cusp) is ruler of pet's 6th house, so maybe that points to a food-6th link.

rather than complicate it so much I would work with just 6th for food supply or 4th for growing food, because like it or not a great deal of our food supply is intermingled, and made by same companies. for instance the current issue with Menu foods and animal products... they do people food as well.

so I'd just keep it simple, I think its an extension of the issues we've been having for last 2 years with food supply.

Granny

Hi Kirk,

I'm thinking:

2nd - quality of food
6th - daily distribution - the distributor, or point of distribution from which the commodity was initially collected for public (7th) dispersal.
But the Moon (conjunct pet's 8th cusp) is ruler of pet's 6th house, so maybe that points to a food-6th link.
Seems suggestive of what the Moon collected from public domain (7th) is what presented a serious health threat to the cats.

Kind regards,
TS

Thank you for the replies. Reading the thoughts of others helps to break the monotony of one?s own mental loops.

The 2nd house probably best serves what I?m looking for. The Ascendant is identity, life, health and vitality, so the 2nd as resources for the previous would seem to include food. The 2nd follows on the heels of the ASC., whereas the 6th, with its connections to illness, seems too weakly placed in relation to the ASC. to signify food (nourishment).

So the 6th house in a mundane chart would indicate a nation?s pets and the 7th house would indicate the pets? food supply.

In a mundane chart the first house signifies the people in general and their health and well-being. Maybe the 2nd is the immediate food supply, that which we can go out and buy today at the supermarket. The 6th house, then, maybe signifies the nation?s crops and herds which will be more immediately accessible to the public for purchase at a later date. So, questions of food product quality, contamination and scarcity at the marketplace would concern the 2nd house; future marketplace scarcity or high price due to poor weather or crop or animal disease would be 6th.:???:

What were the astrologers saying back in the British Mad Cow Disease days? Was the focus on the 6th or 2nd house?

I think I would go along with the arguments for the 7th house that have been made here.
What were the astrologers saying back in the British Mad Cow Disease days? Was the focus on the 6th or 2nd house?
I can?t remember anyone referring to that in terms of individual houses. In Britain the emphasis seemed to be more on the fact that the public announcement was made at the time that Comet Hyakutake appeared. But from what I remember it was all very general stuff.

Deb,

Thanks for checking into what you have stored 'up there'. Did you find a few cobwebs? (Was that somewhat funny, or did it just come across as rude?:?)

In case anyone hasn?t heard, it was rat poison in the food. No reason why yet.

(Was that somewhat funny, or did it just come across as rude?)
Neither really. It was pretty tame by your standards :wink:

I've heard nothing about this, so keep us informed on your findings.

Greetings,

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/24/pet.fo ... index.html

Wheat purchased from china was treated with a rodent poison. this was used in making some sliced bits in gravy for several pet food suppliers, which has caused liver failure in several cats and dogs who've eaten the food.

now knowing the specific problems Vets are better equiped to deal with the sick animals. pet food suppliers are carrying the information on their web pages as to the exact products affected.

I do wonder what changes will be made because of all this, and I wonder at how much is intentional, and how much accidental? how much is ignorance?

Granny

The March 3 lunar eclipse would be the prenatal eclipse for the whole pet food scandal, right? So we could expect to see the major themes of the scandal present in the March 3 chart.

A scandal which started with pets quickly turned into a national issue - is it safe to trust China? The Moon rules the 11th House of USA's friends, and "the fidelity or falseness of" same. The Moon is in the 12th House of hidden enemies and of "such men as maliciously undermine their neighbors".

Indicating that our friends in this case (China as the trading partner who gives us such great deals that we can pay low, low prices on so many goods) are actually our secret enemies.

Another interesting correspondence: the Moon in this eclipse chart is exactly conjunct China's Saturn (0 deg 07'). (People's Republic of China, Oct 1, 1949 3:01 pm, Beijing)