Antiscia

I have questions about using antiscia in natal charts. While many authors talk about its importance, very few mention its specific use in delineation. Firmicus Maternus is one of a few who does, in a somewhat limited way. The main questions I have at this point are:

1. To what extent an aspect with planet antiscia equates to the aspect with the planet itself (not its antiscia). For instance, if we read "If planet A and planet B are in aspect X, then...". Now, if we have this aspect between planet A and the antiscia of planet B, how do they compare?

2. Orbs/Moiety values applicable

3. If there is one aspect between planets A and B and another between planet A and antiscia of B, how do we think about it? For instance, I have a wide Jupiter - Venus sextile and a narrow (less than 1 degree) Jupiter - Venus antiscia square. How should I think about this?

Steven Birchfield wrote some time ago in another thread on this same forum:
So again, antiscia have nothing to do with aspects and they are a relationship between degrees that is not aspectual!
The whole discussion is worth reading, it's here

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2282

Steven's statements left me wondering, if we shouldn't think about orbs at all with antiscias, but only degrees. If we have, say Saturn in 27 Virgo, it's antiscia degree is 2 Aries. So, if our Saturn is 27.59 Virgo and we have another planet in 2.59 Aries, they throw antiscia on each other, but if we have Saturn in 27.59 Virgo and another planet in 1.59 Aries, they don't have an antiscia relationship, though 'orb' is only 0.02 degrees, because they are not in each other's antiscia degrees.