England versus Australia Rugby match

I don?t go in for this sort of thing normally, but just for Sue and all you Ozzies who seem to think we poms are boring (as I pointed out to Sue, how can we be boring? we had Bush here for 3 days this week and took him for a special farewell meal at some village chippie to see him on his way ? what?s that if it?s not exciting? :shock: :shock: )

Here?s the chart for the kickoff. I believe the ascendant goes to the home team does it not? That makes us Jupiter (appropriately placed ?down under? in the 4th) :P . The Moon is squaring Neptune and making a trine to Saturn, so hopefully it will rain and your guys will all be freaked out by a bit of bad weather. Then the Moon goes to the sextile of Jupiter and you will be forced to eat your words. If you see otherwise let me know ? the deadline approaches....

In yer dreams honey. At least our guys can count and don't go slipping an extra player on the field. Is it right to put the home team on the Ascendant? I would have thought that since you're asking the question (a touch of insecurity perhaps?) then your team would go on the Ascendant.
It does rain here in Australia so they have played in the wet before. Don't know what the weather is like in Sydney at the moment but it was pissing down last night.
I will have a proper look at the chart and let you know.

And that would be Aussies, not Ozzies. The only Ozzie I know comes from your part of the world. :roll:

I will have a proper look at the chart and let you know.
Yeah sure ? would that be tomorrow when you know the result?

How someone who just a few moments earlier (in your very private and confidential email to me) remarked that the only sport the English are good at is SOCCER can get picky about my spelling is beyond me.

It?s an event chart (hopefully) so yes, I believe you take the ascendant we take the 7th because I wrote somewhere that in event charts the 1st house goes to the home team. So using my myself as a valid reference ? I?ll quote at length if necessary ? we would be Jupiter.

I wrote somewhere that in event charts the 1st house goes to the home team.
Well then it must be true. :P But what happens when neither team is the 'home' team? If New Zealand and France were in the final who would get the ascendant?

If you insist on giving us the ascendant then Mercury is in the opposition's territory, which means that we will be scoring all the points. And with Jupiter in the 4th house it means we will bury you guys. The teams are in mutual reception by rulership but are both in their detriment. It might be that neither team will play as well as they should.

what happens when neither team is the 'home' team? If New Zealand and France were in the final who would get the ascendant?
Well then I'd refer to something else that I wrote - like giving the ascendant to the team that takes first kick.
The teams are in mutual reception by rulership but are both in their detriment. It might be that neither team will play as well as they should.
I thought about that, but they are both angular and Mars is culminating, so I think they'll give it all they've got and make a bloody battle of it. I was tempted to settle for a draw, but I still think that the Moon favours Jupiter.

Yes, but the game isn't being played in London. The news reports here are full of warning for Aussies to be careful of gathering in large crowds in London to watch the Cup. Apparently the danger is of a terrorist attack. I reckon the real danger will be when England loses and start crying into their warm beer flooding the place.

I still think Mercury is in the stronger position, being in the 7th house. The possibility of a draw occurred to me too.

Mars is separating from an opposition to Jupiter but Mercury is applying to a square. It will be difficult but Australia should come out on top.

I was thinking that, 2 minutes before the end. 8)

I only watched the last part of the extra time (realising how stupid it was to predict a draw). But it couldn?t have been much closer could it? Your lot were young and nubile (Mercury) but age and experience won out in the end (Jupiter).
but the game isn't being played in London.
True but think about what?s going to be happening over here if we win or lose ? what the quality of the environment will be like. Signs of victory and celebration at London suggest we?ll win. In Sydney the 7th house indicates the opposition and the 7th house and its ruler looks strong. Over at London Saturn was in the 7th house and there was a clearer indication of that Moon sextile Jupiter being expressed in public.

Anyway, never mind, lose with dignity ? there?s always another year.
Away the lads!
Final score: England 20 / Australia 17
The match went into extra time. England took the lead 2 minutes from the end. And it rained.

True but think about what?s going to be happening over here if we win or lose ? what the quality of the environment will be like. Signs of victory and celebration at London suggest we?ll win. In Sydney the 7th house indicates the opposition and the 7th house and its ruler looks strong. Over at London Saturn was in the 7th house and there was a clearer indication of that Moon sextile Jupiter being expressed in public.
I must admit that I didn't look at the London chart, even though you mentioned it before the game. I will look and learn. I am far more upset at getting the astrology wrong than losing the footy. Technically, we weren't far off when we thought of the possibility of a draw because that's what it was at the end of the original alloted time.
Anyway, never mind, lose with dignity ? there?s always another year.
Away the lads!
Well, that's the thing isn't it. Australians never have to wait long to win their next sporting competition. I believe that the Poms haven't won a world cup anything since 1966. :P
Final score: England 20 / Australia 17
The match went into extra time. England took the lead 2 minutes from the end. And it rained.
I only watched the last 10 minutes or so. Didn't know it had rained. I think it was only a matter of about 20 or 30 seconds from full time that England won. Even I have to admit it was quite exciting.

Ladies, Ladies,

We need a a calm objective observer in all of this, namely a man. I've had better results by putting the favored team on the ASC regardless of who is home and who is away. At elast its worked for me in the past two Super Bowls where FOOTBALL is played.

In this chart the ruler of 1 is in 7, that is in the power of his enemy, albeit not very close, therefore it isn't a catastrophe. Lord 1 in detriment is weak, but then so is Lord 7 in detriment so neither team is very good. However Jupiter, Lord 7 is on the turned 10th, the trophy, so whoever is represented by the 7th looks like the winner. i.e., the underdog will win. I don't know who the favorite is so I can't pick a team.

Tom

PS What is a "pom?"

Oh come on now Tom. When have men ever been calm and objective when it comes to sport?

I'd have to say the English were the underdogs. Not necessarily because Australia are considered the best team (which, of course, we are) but because Australia have won it a number of times in recent times and the English haven't. The English won, which I think is great (but dont' tell any Poms that).

It's interesting that you should give the Ascendant to the favourites. The chart Deb drew up would have been the same. The team represented by the 7th did win. Do you have any stuff by Bonatti on 'battle astrology?' I know Bernadette Brady is right into it and is well known in Adelaide for her predictions of Australian Rules (REAL football).

Pom is short for pommy. It's what the Aussies call the English (in the most affectionate way of course). It originally comes from the abbreviation of pomegranate, the rhyming slang for immigrant.