Very Sad to hear this news.Reading through this post and about her, it seems she made much better use of the time she had than most people do.
She lives on in her work and knowledge imparted to others:

From Bhagvad Gita:
?"Na Hanyate Hanyamane Sarire"

"Consciousness is eternal it is not vanquished with the destruction of the temporary body"

May her soul rest in peace.

PD

I've only just caught up with the terrible news of Sue's death. Like many others, I knew her only through this forum, but very much appreciated the knowledge, passion and generosity she brought to these discussions, and to us all.
To her family and friends, including Deb, I offer my heartfelt sympathy.

Sue's passing away is so sad for the this forum as well as the astrological community at large. I will remember her for intelligent, instructive and kind remarks.

Rest in peace Sue!

Sigma

The link below leads to a picture of the ?Sue Toohey Memorial Garden? which has been created at Mary White College, UNE, where she studied. The stone at the right of the picture has a plaque engraved with "In Memory of Sue Toohey, 2007"

http://skyscript.co.uk/im/07/stgarden.jpg

A memorial service was held at the College for Sue last Monday. The Head of the School of Classics, History and Religion spoke about Sue and her work in the department, whilst others spoke about her lasting impact upon her friends and fellow residents at college. One student read out some comments from this thread to show how much Sue was appreciated amongst her astrology friends.

I think that Sue would love the garden created in her honour, and I would like to send the college an addition to it on behalf of her friends from Skyscript (or astrology generally). I was thinking of perhaps some kind of torch-stand or wind-chime, so that the four elements could be symbolically represented within the garden. If anyone would like to make a small contribution please send me a private mail or an email saying how much you would like to give (just a few dollars will be greatly appreciated). I can then collect the money through paypal. However small, I think it would be nice to have some testament to her love of astrology represented in the garden.

Deb

I am stunned. Shocked and saddened. My eyes are blurry, I'm sniffly and there's this huge lump in my throat. For various reasons I've not been able to visit the forum for almost 3 months and tonight, instead of going straight to the horary forum, I went to the Articles and purely by accident (?) the second one I brought up was Deb's tribute to Sue - I could not believe my eyes and I'm still grappling with the news.

Others have said eloquently many of the things I feel, we will miss her knowledge and generosity in sharing it, as well as her sense of humour and her deep and abiding love of astrology. My deepest sympathies to her family as well as her friends, "sparring" partners and students here on Skyscript.

As forum members we've all benefited in some way from Sue's posts and some lovely poetry has been posted to try and express our loss - perhaps there's room for one more....

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I and you are you,
whatever we were to each other
that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name,
speak to me in the easy way which you always used,
put no difference into your tone,
wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we always enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,
let it be spoken without effect,
without the ghost of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant,
it is the same as it ever was.
There is absolutely unbroken continuity,
what is death but a negligible accident?

Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you at an interval
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.

All is well.

(Henry Scott Holland)

Sue was a cyber classmate, when I was a fledgling at Linda Reid's Canopus Academy of Astrology.
She was clever, intellectual but down to earth and practical.
I hope that I can fill my purpose on earth, at least a percentage of what she achieved!
See you later in the stars, Sue
Joanne Larkins

Dear Deb,

I am so sorry to hear this news. I was in contact with Sue because of the Albertus Magnus article she generously allowed me to put into the "Astrologia Restaurata", the German magazine for traditional astrology.
We had a nice email exchange, talking about German scholars like Thomas von Aquin (Aquinus) and Albertus Maguns and so on.
One sentence from that conversation:
"You are welcome to publish it in your magazine. I have no problem with you doing this as these things are meant to be read."

She not only was a scholar, but also shared her vast knowledge freely with others. Mayn thanks for that.

May Your soul rest happy above the stars. We will miss You.

BBb
You can reach me under:
B.Bergbauer
Huswisenweg 10
8426 Lufingen
Switzerland
http://www.mercurius-software.info
Email: info@astrobuero-bergbauer.de

I haven't been on the forum for a while and only find this news now. My deepest condolescences to Deb and to everybody else who knew Sue personally. Her bright wit impressed me and will be missed. When I look at her chart, I think, aaw, it must not have been an easy life, and I feel a deep respect for her courage and strength. May her soul rest in peace.