Most unlikely..

So far there has not been the slightest hint as to Charles possibly stepping back. And: Why should he - with a Leo-AC?
His son Willam does not seem to be very bright (sorry...don't want to hurt anybody's feelings) - and will certainly need some more time to "mature".

You make it sound as if we both should heading for the guillotines ('Worry...')
My, my... have times changed. :)

I agree, there has sofar been little evidence of a denouncement. I started picking up on this topic last year and the immediate event was Camilla's operation. Removing a family womb is not quite like giving up your home, heritage and country, is it? But this event did strike me as being topical.

The trouble with prediction is getting ahead of events as they 'collect', and prior to seeing them break the surface. The more accurate and precise your skills of prediction, the earlier you will be able to recognize the gathering of events.

Predictive work is hazardous in three senses:
1) I was never able to clap my hands and make things happen at once. There was always the need to sit back and wait for things to unravel themselves.
2) I hardly ever felt I was in control of the circumstances, since every matter was largely beyond my power.
3) Predictive work did introduce an element of option or choice. Getting ahead of events did sometimes seem to disarm their manifestion or effect. Some times the thought process caused matters to seek an alternative route.

Now, I don't think the modern astrologer wants to appear as an 'Almighty Guru', set to exercise and demonstrate the Power and Will of God. However, the astrologer would probably be happy if it were possible to demonstrate some sort of plan, intelligence and meaning underlying the Universe. I think the astrologer wants to prove his/her usefulness in recognizing events and getting ahead of them. That is in no way an easy task and it is difficult to prove your point in a rightful and just manner. Some hill tops are more exposed in the terrain and vulnerable to lightening. Some topics are more popular, interesting and apt for discussion and observation than others. Topics related to the Royal family is unfortunately one of them.

There is no cure without a problem. That is one of the hard facts of life - facing up to the realities. It is like the dilemma between Scorpio and Cancer - How can we discuss anything without anyone getting hurt?

The Royal Family are people, too. While making postulations regarding certain turns in their life may seem like prying, it does give the opportunity to reflect upon what the pressures from the mass media is having on these peoples lives. Certain cataclysmic events or happenings may actually be a consequense of the bullying from the press. The reflection upon why events occur does give the possibilty to think ahead prior to their occurance and then respond with more compassion. The Royal family were born to their role and duty in life and if they follow the trend, I guess they occasionally feel the urge to handing in the keys - just like the rest of us!
http://www.astronor.com

Charles - Future King (?!)

Oops - let me point out..
that I am not in the least "anti-royalistic" - I'd never dare to question that institution - no matter where and when - as long as it is based on the people's "common sense".

..and that I would never point at an astrologer blaming him: "Hey- you were wrong! And how can you account for that failure?"

But I do think that Charles will be King - and even within a few years.
His following progressive Full Moon (January 14th, 1949) will take effect in about two years - and this will certainly be marked by decisive events.
This Full Moon will show a Cancer-Moon in house ten opposing the Capricorn-Sun in house four. In other words: this shows someone who is deeply attached to family and state traditions and heritage.
(I also practise Indian astrology - according Charles's Vedic chart he should be King by around 2010 or 2011.)

Hello Andrew,

First off I want to state I have a lot of respect for an astrologer like yourself willing to put out their predictions like this in the public sphere. Showing the courage of your convictions is a phrase that comes to mind. Even if you turn out to be ultimately wrong in this specific prediction I think we all learn from this kind of approach. We can all do perfect 20/20 astrology but this is where we really learn in my opinion. Moreover, considering many prominent astrologers got wrong the result of the 2004 US Presidential race with only 50/50 odds I think you have taken on a considerably more risky prediction.

I note you are largely basing your prediction on the technique of the Age Point looking at natal data for Charles and Prince William. However, at the start of the thread you mentioned other techniques like solar returns, eclipses, transits etc.

I was just wondering as this is the mundane forum whether you are also basing your prediction in reference to any mundane charts too for the UK or the royal family? I would have expected such charts to reflect such an important event. For example, the death of Princess Diana shows up quite clearly in the transits to the UK 1801 chart.

Traditionally, also don't solar eclipses indicate changes to royal dynasties while lunar eclipses are more reflective of the common people? Of course, the institution of the monarchy only survives in a democratic age due to public support so both types of eclipse will be relevant.

Looking at charts for the UK there will be a lunar eclipse at 24 Aquarius this August which will impact the UK Moon at 24 Leo (UK 1927 chart) and Saturn (1801 chart). However, I would be more inclined to see these as reflecting the increasing impact of economic recession on the general population. There is also a lunar eclipse at 10 cancer in Dec 2009 which impacts on the UK IC/Sun in Capricorn (1801 chart).

In terms of solar eclipse contacts the major ones I have noticed are a few years off yet. In particular, the solar eclipse on the UK Moon at 19 Cancer in July 2010 (1801 chart) and the solar eclipse in Cancer in July 2011 on the UK MC and opposing the UK Sun (1801 chart). This seems to tie in to the outer planet transits affecting the 1801 chart from 2012 onwards.

MarkC, :) :'

Thank you for your resonse. You are correct that my approach emphasises the Age Point and attempts to describe the action in the Royal family and how this relates to questions of the Monarchy. I chose to include this topic under the section for Mundane Astrology & World Events because it seemed to raise questions of both political and consitutional interest and the World Event section seemed best suited to monitor an event of such a magnitude.

You make some interesting comments on the importance of Solar eclipses that I think should be kept under observation. The Solar eclipse certainly showed up in case with the death of the Pope in April 2005 http://www.astronor.com/Italy1.htm and the death of King Olav V of Norway http://www.astronor.com/kingd.htm I do not to emphasise mundane charts in my current approach to the question of the British throne, although I do make reference to the Solar and Lunar eclipses at the times of Royal Weddings in both England and Norway as an important give away.

However, as you state, my attempt in this thread has mainly been to demonstrate the efficiency of the Age Point, as this was the technique applied and that was so successful, when I adressed the Norwegian Crown Prince, now King Harald V, 3 months in advance of his fathers oncoming illness in 1990. http://www.astronor.com/kongOlav.htm Applying the Age Point to the chart of Her Majesty I did predict for a Norwegian Magazine in the beginning of August 97 that Britain should embrace itself for a shock announcement http://www.astronor.com/yr2000.htm (not translated into English, my apologies). This prediction was published 2 weeks before Princess Diana died in her tragic car crash.

Concerning the prediction of specific events I suppose there is always the chance of being taken for barking up the wrong tree. In reality, it's more like a case of guarding a tree after picking up a certain scent. I've been watching this one for several years now. It must be confessed, towards the end of 2006 I chose to put my finger on a problem located in Charles' chart in early 2007, which proved not to relate to the question of throne - but which turned out to be Camilla's operation. This fact being established, I have adjusted and updated my view to describe what seems to be going on towards the fall of 2008.

I think that the question regarding the Monarchy and who shall be King after Elizabeth is interesting because it combines the inevitable with people attempting to make the right decisions.

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your detailed reply. As your approach is primarily natal and focused on your specific technique of the Age point I now see why you have given little focus to other mundane charts for the UK.

However, in my limited experience no predictive technique is full proof on its own which is why I was interested in what other astrological corroboration you thought. The good old 'rule of three' comes to mind.

As this thread is largely a showcase for your innovatve predictive technique I think I may open up another thread which allows a slightly wider discussion of issues related to royal succession. Not least the much touted statement that William will never become King or if he does will not reign long. I will like to get to the bottom of what the astrological logic is for such a view. Hope you dont mind.

Mark

MarkC said:
I think I may open up another thread which allows a slightly wider discussion of issues related to royal succession.
Go ahead! Most welcome! :) :'

I might add that a study of the charts of the Norwegian Royal familiy makes me believe that the Norwegian Monarchy may conclude with the reign of Ingrid Alexandra, born 21.01.2004, and who is the daughter of Crown Prince Haakon Magnus and Princess Mette Marit.

But then one should also consider the constitutional crises due the country in 2020-21 in conjunction with the allignment of Jupiter and Saturn.

Re: Most unlikely..

Lunlumo wrote:His son Willam does not seem to be very bright (sorry...don't want to hurt anybody's feelings) - and will certainly need some more time to "mature".
You're not hurting my feelings. Harry has a much stronger chart and would be a more effective leader. William has too many problems, including addiction and general acts of senseless stupidity.

Andrew J. Bevan wrote:I agree, there has sofar been little evidence of a denouncement.
I think I might know why. Pisces (8th House) is a water sign. That's what he feels. Leo is a fire sign and those feelings might be very intense and sincere, but for a public announcement, I'd expect an air sign to be involved or a stronger link with the 3rd House (communication) or its ruler.

His son Willam does not seem to be very bright (sorry...don't want to hurt anybody's feelings)
Not looking at the charts in question, but surely it is the matter of cultivating energy in the right direction. Many an excellent politician has not been suited to stand in the lime light of the media, and another person in the same position would have appear far better suited for a career within the arts or entertainment.

What a terrible misfortune it would be if your heritage involved running the country, when all you ever wanted to do was run the local pub... Oh well, that's life!