Excited!
An election occured that seemed so auspiscious, it has to be entered here for our examination. http://www.astronor.com/ENTRY9.GIF At this moment I have entered 19 single lines for the total amount of NOK kr. 72,- or GP ? 6.50,- for the Viking Lotto draw of Wednesday April 11.

The entry is made on the day of Jupiter and in the hour of Jupiter with Jupiter stationary dignified in his own sign. The Ascendant is 29LE27, which reflects a second condition sought for, as expressed in my previous posting - the sign of my natal Sun placed upon the radical ascendant. The warming powers of Jupiter and Leo strike me as compatable - but if there were to be any doubt concerning the radicality of the mixture, notice that the chart is shown radical by the the lord of the hour and lord of the radical ascendant, the Sun, in the same triplicity and they apply to each other by trine. The Sun at 15AR23, who is exalted, in his own triplicity and face, will complete the Grand Trine with Saturn and Jupiter, first by trine to Saturn, who is the lord of the 5th and in the domicile and triplicity of the Sun, secondly by translating the trine of Saturn back to Jupiter, who in his case is the lord of the hour and in the triplicity of the Sun.

The ascendant is conjunct the fixed star Regulus, said to have the powers of Mars. The ascendant is in both face and terms of Mars. Mars gathers thus many dignities in the ascendant and in the election chart I succeed in making Mars angular by his placement on the descendant. Mars is 29AQ22 and in his own terms at the end of the Aquarius. Mars is also the ruler of my own natal Scorpio ascendant, so another sought for criteria as expressed in a previous posting, is in place. The angularity of Mars becomes highly relevant to the question of speculation and gaming, because Mars rules the Capricorn cusp on the 5th by exaltation.

The Moon is 16SC06 and angular on the cusp of the 4th house. She makes an exact trine to Uranus at 16PI24, who is on the cusp of the 8th.
The Midheaven is 13TA13, which is square my natal Sun at 13LE21.
http://www.astronor.com

I don?t understand your excitement. The chart seems pretty so-so to me.

The last degree of Leo rising: something old is fading away, a time has passed, confusion, uncertainty.

In elections we are always told to look to the Moon. Moon in fall has come out of VoC and is applying square Saturn in detriment. Saturn in 12th still causes interpretive problems for me ? is it an undesirable position, or not so bad because it?s cadent and Saturn is weakened when it comes to doing the bad stuff? But ? with Whole-Sign houses it?s a powerful first-house debilitated Saturn with a very late Asc., and I have a feeling the Whole-Sign signal is the correct one.

SR Jupiter is sitting there, getting ready to go back over old territory. He doesn?t give the impression of whole-heartedly wanting to shower folks with blessings. (Sitting there SD could be different.) It feels like we?ve caught him at an awkward time. This is what Ibn Ezra says about an SR planet: ?The star, which is about to assume a retrograde motion, is like a man bewildered and trembling at the misfortunes which will befall him?.

The Sun's Grand Trine with the SR Jupiter and Saturn in detriment seems to have lost enough shine to limit its benefits. And perhaps we can add the fact that Jupiter is beneath the earth in a diurnal chart, another possible dampening affect.

But I wish you lots of luck anyway! And I could be wrong.:shock:

The last degree of Leo with the presence of Regulus is more like a firework finish than a 'fading out' to me. Jupiter balances Saturn. Jupiter is dignified in own sign. The day and hour of Jupiter is supposively fortunate for speculation and gaming. I wonder whether the station of the planet will create something outside the ordinary. The trine between the Sun and Jupiter is probably considered one of the most fortunate aspects formed in astrology (in a general sense) but Jupiter will always be retrograde when trine the Sun. There are certainly issues that may be up for discussion.

Moon is in its fall but in a sign involving risk, extreme change and transformation and Scorpio is a sign of her own powers, so she is not entirely without merit her. She applies to its dexter square to Saturn (lord of 5th) through signs of long ascension. Both Leo and Scorpio are violent signs - or of considerable magnitude. Scorpio occasionally associated with either the uncovering of hidden treasure or release of wealth and power. i am certainly looking for that surgeons edge here.

Yes, you make a good point about Saturn in the 12th house! I never knew whether I prefered Saturn angular of cadent. However, the 12th house for me is things larger than life, matters of chance, the forces of weather and wind, and of collective psychology. Secret enemies or forces of an unknown force: I had clients experience trees blow over and hit their cars under influences of the 12th house, in the same manner that other clients experienced their cases and applications getting lost in bureaucratic systems. In the same sence it can be useful to stack these forces in the right direction when playing with matters of chance or making sure that the tides are drifting in the right direction.

Of course I know there is no real reason to get excited. But loosing is easy and winning is hard - and this is after all a game. And I am thoroughly enjoying examining the principles of astrology. How do we put it together and make it work? That is the question. Thank you for your great discussion!

Andrew

Of course I know there is no real reason to get excited. But loosing is easy and winning is hard - and this is after all a game. And I am thoroughly enjoying examining the principles of astrology.
You know what? Get excited! Thanks for reminding me to hold on to the fun of it all. I also didn?t acknowledge that much of your enthusiasm came from connections the chart makes to your natal chart. You weren?t commenting only on the electional cart.

The trine between the Sun and Jupiter is probably considered one of the most fortunate aspects formed in astrology (in a general sense) but Jupiter will always be retrograde when trine the Sun.
I hadn?t thought of that. At the time they entered within orb of trine on March 28 Jupiter had already slowed down to a daily motion of only 2 minutes. Many of us would check our lists of good and bad and note that as undesirable, yet Jupiter at home in Sagittarius was heading toward a trine with an exalted Sun.

About Jupiter SR in his own home sign: I didn?t give that any thought before. It has got to be a better experience for a planet than stationing in detriment, fall or peregrine. Might not be so negative.

I?m getting more excited, but I still can?t get excited about the last degree of Leo rising, possibly because I haven?t warmed up to fixed stars yet ? or rather, I?m not sure how to use them and whether they are generally used correctly. Regulus isn?t a star to sneeze at (my impression) and the exalted Sun as Asc. ruler could maybe give Leo a little more staying power. I find the ?firework finish ? idea very appealing (a good example of fun astrology), but my lack of experience with the fixed stars gets in the way.

Dignified Venus as ruler of 10th and placed in the 10th looks good as a general indication of success. Mercury (ruler of 2nd and 11th) may rack up a rotten score in Pisces, but it?s separating from an aspect with its domicile ruler and applying sextile to Venus, its exaltation and [Dorothean] triplicity ruler. In his article 'On Matter and Form in Astrology' Rob Hand writes ?We can say in general that if a debilitated planet makes an aspect to a dignified ruler, the debility is cancelled. This is a medieval doctrine, although seldom recognized now.?[1] Mercury separating from Jupiter in Sagittarius and applying to Venus in Taurus is looking good. I wish my 2nd house ruler were sitting so pretty.

1] http://www.robhand.com/Matter&FormArticle.htm

In my experience astrology can be pure magic - but that being said I don't mind sorting out the things that do and do not quite work out until the magic appears. I never thought astrology was supposed to be easy or a short cut and I abhored any commercial agent pretending the truth to be elsewise. :wink:

Andrew J. Bevan

Am I correct that Saturn rejoices in the twelfth house? so doesn't he belong there is anywhere? okay, just a thought.

non-sequitor...
I keep thinking I should be a bit more... something today as sun, jupiter and saturn in lovely Grand trine, sun aligned with my desc. SAturn conj my natal moon and jupiter on 3rd house cusp all seem like decent alignments , yet I'm very blahhh, even with a venus uranus alignment today... sigh...

Granny

Hmmpf!!
Well, neither of the last two elections coughed up with any prizes. One coupon did include 4 correct numbers out of 7 (but lacked one of the 3 supporting figures). The odds for getting 4 out of 7 right is 1:53, but that is not enough to release any returns in this particular lottery. It could be I will do best when something exciting pops up in the nativity again, like the transit Pluto trine MC and sexile Moon in the beginning of March. However, we are not putting away our studies yet and the chart I am putting forward this week is more like a repeat of last weeks; April 12, time 14.34 LST (12.34 GMT), Asker 59N50, 10E26 http://www.astronor.com/ENTRY10.GIF

I have chosen a late degree of Leo for the ascendant, which complies with my natal sun and is within a degree of my MC. This puts my natal Moon on the IC. The main reason for choosing this moment is the Leo ascendant combined with the hour of Jupiter, who also is lord of the day. The moment is radical since the lord of the hour and lord of the ascendant are in the same triplicity.

Pluto on the cusp of the 5th is trine the ascendant. The radical Midheaven opposes my natal ascendant. The Moon is in the same sign as in my nativity.

I'm not really expecting anything here, but it seems a convenient opportunity to re-try the comination of planetary hour and radical ascendant.

Nothing new in the terms of winning - but another great new election coming up!
Well, it seems impossible to get the better of the odds every time - but I think the experiments suggest that it 1) is possible to promote winning by astrology, however 2) it takes more than making a simple prayer to the ruler of the planetary hour (i.e. the usage of planetary hours).

The election performed on March 1. was special in terms of the extra stuff going on in terms of transits to my natal chart. Now the election I forward this week is beginning to look something like something special again. Let's put it like this - I 'know' it can be done. I have made a new entry for April 17. 2007, time 14.02 LST (12.02 GMT), Asker, Norway. http://www.astronor.com/ENTRY11.GIF

The election is made for the day of Mars and hour of Jupiter, which by coincidence is the planetary day and hour of my natal birth. The ascendant is in Leo, making the Sun the lord of the Ascendant. The Lord of the hour, Jupiter, is in the same triplicity as the lord of the ascendant, thus proving the chart radical. Jupiter is dignified in his own sign, the Sun by exaltation and triplicity.

The sign on the ascendant agrees with my natal Sun. For purposes of accomplishing that special winning ticket, the fixed star Alphard is exactly on the ascendant and indicates "the one that stands alone".

The chart is cast within half an hour of the New Moon, so that the Moon is still cazimi and in its highest fortitude. Cancer is intercepted in the 11th house, so that the Moon performs as a more forceful and fated beneficiary, in conjunction and cazimi of the lord of the ascendant. The Sun and Moon are elevated in the chart, in trine with the ascendant and apply to the trine of Pluto, who is retrograde and hastens to meet the luminaries from the cusp of the 5th house.

Mars at 8PI33, is ruler of the Arian New Moon and of the planetary day, and is dignified by triplicity and in exact sextile with the MC at 8TA33. Mars receives the beneficial square of Venus through signs of short of ascension, she being placed in the 10th house, he receiving her in the sign of her exaltation, thus promoting perfection and performance. The hard aspect between Venus and Mars, being a planetary pair of opposites, causes a condition termed by, among others, Al Birumi and Coley, as an opening of gates. This is a condition that is likely to promote changes in the weather or atmosphere.

It seems to be important to tie Mercury into the chart in some meaningful manner. Certainly there was a significant transit between Mercury and my natal Moon in the chart of March 1., so here I let Mercury be sesqi-quadrate (a minor hard aspect) the ascendant within half a degree of orb to tighten up the chart.

Now for the connections to my natal chart:
The lunation is trine my natal MC and sextile my natal Moon. The Moon needs 10' to reach the trine to my MC and 34' to sextile its natal position. That's tight!! The lunation is in the sign of my natal Jupiter, who is the lord of my 2nd and 5th houses.

Venus at 6GE19 is exact trine my natal Mars, who is the lord of my ascendant and located in my 11th house at 6LI20. Venus applies by sextile to her natal location at 6LE55.

Jupiter, who is lord of the hour, lord of 5th, disposes Mars, Uranus and the North Node on the 8th, and located at 19SA34, retrogrades to the trine of his position at 19AR28 in my natal chart. As said before, Jupiter is ruler of my 2nd and 5th houses. My natal Moon at 27AQ56 is conjunct the radical 5th at 28AQ13.

Considering the lunation in Aries and the Leo Ascendant I entered my coupon at a comissionar in a high place, located on the top of hill at a place called the Golden Slope. LETS see how that works out! :brows

At this point of our studies I would very much like to wave my wand like Harry Potter, but from the point of making elections - this is about as good as it gets. I entered 10 single lines of my favourite numbers for the Viking Lotto draw of March 18., 10 single lines of a random coupon for the first coming Saturday - and I haven't got a clue of what numbers. And considering the fortitude of the lunation to my Midheavan, I entered a coupon containing 10 single lines containing my favourite numbers for a period of 5 weeks. Let's play!

In the midst of all this exciting astrology, which is nothing but a treasure-hunt (!!) I would like to pass on a thanks and toast to Olivia Barclay, who simply would have loved the content of the astrological forum and debate at Skyscript, probably discarded the most of us, loved us and not forgotting the children. Thank you for your inspiration, challenge and encouragement!

Andrew J. Bevan

No sigificant winning with the election of April 17. in the first round, but here I entered a 5 week coupon so there are 10 rows here that will be kicking around for some time. My natal chart doesn't show any significant major transits for a couple of weeks now and I can't see much exciting to hang an election on to. However, the New Moon of April 17. occured at 27AR05 and this is trine my natal MC at 27LE37 and sextile my natal Moon at 27AQ56 - so this could kick in and entering the odd lotto line could still prove interesting.

I've added a few comments to the winning election of March 1. under the topic "Simple wins". These mostly relate to the importance of the preceding syzygy and the dynamic aspects that the relevent lords made to the angles. This is what we be trying out this week. I have made a New election for April 24. 2007, time 20.03 LST (18.03 GMT), Asker, Norway. 59N50 10E26. http://www.astronor.com/ENTRY12.GIF

The chart is cast for the day of Mars and the hour of the Moon. The Moon has agreeable powers with the lady of the Libra ascendant, Venus, and applies to her by sextile. The Moon, who is lady of the hour, is 9LE46 and carefully made angular on the cusp of the Midheaven at 11LE07. I have played this onto my natal Sun which is 13LE21 and maybe the fact that the Moon needs 4 degrees to reach my Sun and the draw occurs in 4 days time, will promote my interests. I also thought of checking my prenatal syzygy, a Full Moon occuring at 12AQ15, but which is ruled by the Sun at 12LE15. This is close to the culiminating degree of the election.

The New Moon of April 17. 2007 occured at 27AR05, so I made this angular on the cusp of the 7th with 27LI07 on the ascendant!! The Sun has the greatest essential dignities in the place of the New Moon, by exaltation and triplicity, so I make sure he is in an angular house. The Sun is in mutual reception with the Moon, he being in the exact degree of her exaltation. Mars, who rules the preceding syzygy by sign, is lord of the 2nd house and is located at 14PI06 on the cusp of the 5th house, in the sign of his triplicity, and is joined to the Moon's North Node. The Sun also picks up dignities on the cusp of the 2nd house, which I think are important on taking along. The Asc/MC midpoint is 19VI05 and square Jupiter at 19SA14, who is in turn Lord of the 5th house.

The Moon moves to the body of Saturn in the 10th house, who is almuten of the ascendant by exaltation and triplicity. He is dispositor of the Part of Fortune (by sign, triplicity and term!!) and his malice is abated by the trine of Jupiter who is dignified in his own sign.

But most important in this chart is the placement of the Lady of the hour on the Midheaven, the placement of the preceding syzygy on the Descendant, the Lord thereof, the Sun in an angular house, or in another way, Mars located in the house ruling the matter of concern. Let's see how it works out!

Radical?!

On the whole I do charts for myself which I think reduces the need to check Radicality.

But I can't find more information on the steps to go thru when checking somebody else's chart.

Could someone point me in the right direction or go thru an example?!

Please.

H.
Yikkes!

Some of my thoughts on this matter are available at http://www.astronor.com/hours.htm

GUIDELINES FOR CASTING JUDGEMENT IN HORARY ASTROLOGY BY THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE LORD OF THE HOUR AND THE RADICAL ASCENDANT
12. Nothing can be performed without the assistance of the lord of the hour. If there is no relation between the lord of the hour and the sign ascending or its lord, the chart shows something out of tune and not working properly. It is like striking a dumb note on the celestial instrument. The querent may not have had a serious intention of proposing the question. According to the ancient stricture, the astrologer is more liable to plunge himself into difficulties and should examine whether the querent has the correct reasons for asking the question. An irregularity is in existence and the rules are not being followed. There could be a disturbing circumstance and the matter leads to unhappiness or unacceptance.
Please feel welcome to send me your feedback. There's still room for discovery!

Thanks Andrew.

And Hello Oslo.

I'm just about to give your Website the once/ fifty times over.

Might I find the answers to ....

Beseiged is not clear to me. Is it just cornered in a sign or does it have to be surrounded?

And Speeds/ Motions. What's the cut off when a planet becomes swift?
Yikkes!