There seems to be a vested interest in our being right, and everyone else being wrong.
And sometimes so little interest in being interesting - which, of course, does depend on our vested interests ( I read that once - might have been some Russian guy).

"does depend on our vested interests ..."
which may also be reflected by one's vestments?!
Jupiter has a connection with the second house as does Taurus ... which also has a connection with Buddhism, along with fixed stars Antares & Aldebaran (pole stars on ecliptic once used to mark fiducial).
They're at around 15th degree - or middle - of Taurus-Scorpio axis if taking initial bearings from the stars and using the vernal crossing to measure what Age Earth's in in the scheme of a World year [full cycle of earth's precession].

Somewhere along the line I seem to recall 15th degree of fixed constellations/signs being associated with an "avatar" degree ... if these two stars configured with angles or planets in natal chart it seems tr Mars may be initiating some opportunities for new levels of understanding.

It's all good. :)

I guess I'd like to take this back to the original gist of the question, which for me would be, can horary astrology answer such questions? I'm having an argument on another site about this, as I personally don't think that horary is an appropriate vehicle for such questions. It's a question much better suited to natal astrology, IMO, since if there is a 'life purpose', surely it is written into the natal chart, whereas horary is a matter of 'aspects du jour'. So although we've wended our way around the houses, axis points, and fixed stars, it still bears the question: can horary astrology answer such questions in a valid manner?

Sign me: Doubting Gunhilde :wink:

Your remarks made me smile, Southern Writer, as I am one who will leap to the defense of something I believe like a tiger on a deer! However, you have to remember that what we need to respect is the other person's right to an opinion, not their opinion. After all, if I truly respected another point of view, then I would think it was correct and take it for my own, right? Anyway, I feel these discussions are great, and allow us to test our beliefs against the strength of eachother's arguements, and I think it's a great forum.

On the subject of this thread: yes, the whole chart tells the story, but since Siraxi is probably seeing the horary as a thin slice of reality at that moment, something about the "soul's purpose" should also be reflected in that bit of reality. I wish him luck. :'