Settlement Enough for Car?

I am expecting a settlement in a court case sometime this month and am hoping it will be enough money for a needed new vehicle. In this chart Venus is the ruler of the 2nd, and is in her house of joy,the 5th. Should I be looking for reception/aspect between her and my significator, Mercury, or the ruler of the 8th (other people's money) or the 11th,hopes and wishes? Anyone want to give it a shot? :-?

I presume the question is something along the lines of 'will I be able to afford a new car?' The significator of cars is the ruler of the 3rd house, which, in this case, is Mars in the 4th house. I will look at this chart when I have a chance but I just wanted to mention the 3rd house and cars.

Well, since it is your chart perhaps you should give your verdict first. And, yes, you should be looking for aspects and reception between the two significators. I would keep it simple and ask purely about getting a new car and not worry about looking at the settlement. 'Will I get a new car?' covers it all.

Using either Goca's method or Sue's method the answer seems to be no. No strong reception and no aspects. My significator is combust, although moving out of combustion. :-cry

The only positive I can see is Venus moving to a trine with the ascendent. Mars is separating from a square. :,

Well you dont perfect any reasonable angle with mercury and Venus until 9 April, when a pisces taurus sextile perfects.

Moon is about to Trine sun, then Mercury then Venus, I believe the sun is interference here. (friends? hopes?)

no perfection with mercury and Mars until May 9th,

A sextile perfects with Venus and Mars on September 3rd

While there is nothing particularly in the way of your significators, they can't seemt o catch up to each other in this horary. And since you are working with the fastest moving planets there isn't really another planet here to play matchmaker. AS far as I can tell. Possibly you will be able to hold onto the settlement money and supplement it for a bit before re-contemplating the new purchase?

what do your transits look like for the next 6 months? is there a better purchase period?

Granny

A car cannot be 3rd house. It's your moveable possession, as Goca says. Using the 3rd house is woolly thinking. You make a journey in it - yes, journeys are 3rd house. But the object in which you make the journey is 2nd house. The car is an object. You move it by driving it. QED.

I think nasty Saturn trining Lord 8 in this chart indicates that your settlement won't be very big (amount limited by Saturn afflicting Lord 8). Shame!

Keren

Cars themselves are 3rd house. They are considered 3rd house because they are a mode of transport and all inland transport is 3rd house. However, I apologise because I misunderstood the initial question and thought that Moondance had a particular car in mind that she was hoping to purchase when she got her settlement. This is why I suggested that it is important to look at the 3rd house for the car. I realise now that the crux of the question was more about affording any car. The issue is about finances so in that sense you would use the 2nd house. And in the circumstances of, say, selling a car, you would look to the 2nd house because it is a personal possession. However, in the case of having a particular car in mind, I would look at the 3rd house for the car itself. For example, if you asked whether you should purchase a particular car, I would look at the 3rd for the car and things like what condition it might be in. If the 3rd house significator is poor then it is an indication not to buy the car.