Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

missing person chart: location?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunhilde

Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: missing person chart: location? Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm not sure what forum policy is on this, but I thought I'd ask. I've done a chart for a woman who went missing in the county a couple of weeks ago. From what the newspapers said, she had been having some troubled times; from her picture, I saw that she had a nice face, and I thought if I came up with something sensible I could at least give the police an anonymous tip as to where to search, as they are currently stumped. Missing people trouble my heart.

So I asked, 'where is she?' on 3 January 2007 at 1854 hrs in Comberton, England 0E02 52N11.

Leo rises; Mercury hour.

Sun is placed in the 5th. Moon, just past full, has separated by two-plus degrees. This I took as reference to her going missing a little over two weeks ago. Her health, R6 is that nasty Rx Saturn, placed in the 1st. I also noted, a little worryingly, that the ruler of the 8th, Jupiter, is placed in the 4th. The cusp of the 4th is 28 degrees Libra: very late. 8th ruler Pisces plus 4th house may indicate drowning. I hope not.

Since I asked 'where', I was trying to place 'her': she is in Capricorn, which rules dark, low places, waste ground, also structures such as walls,fences, places of stone such as churchyards and mausoleums. Capricorn rules due south. BUT she is in the 5th house, which rules places of pleasure and recreation: rec grounds, parks, etc. A hotel?

Is she alive? I can't tell. Jupiter R8 is very strong and angular. The Sun and moon are both in Jupiter's terms. Saturn Rx is in her 1st. Curiously, Neptune sits smack on the 7th cusp. Should I take this as a hint that the astrologer is deluding herself? Confused

She was last seen at a railway station getting on a bus, H3. But R3 Mercury *applies* to her sun, so I'm having trouble figuring out where she went from the station. Perhaps this also means that we will hear news of her in 2 somethings: days or possibly weeks (cardinal and succedent).

But where is she? Capricorn rules due south; the 5th house rules North by northwest. Is she somewhere south in the NNW part of that place? Vice-versa? Needless to say this part of the world is chocka with 'dark low places' and 'parks and rec grounds'. Also stony walls! ANY clarity would be great.

Anyhow, I apologise if this is an inappropriate subject and will happily remove it (or have it removed) but I thought I would give it a crack. Were it my family member, I'd take a look at anything, if you know what I mean.

Thanks!
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi AG,

I donít think you are doing anything inappropriate for the forumís sake, but the question is always going to be whether you personally generated a good, clear and useful chart in this matter when you donít actually have any involvement with it We get the moments of sympathy for stories that appear in the news, but if someone involved in the situation asks for help, then they bring their knowledge and energy into the mix - for as much as our interest is, it canít begin to compare with their Ďneed to knowí. So there is a question mark over these kinds of charts from the start. Iíve seen some that are very persuasively judged, but the majority that Iíve seen discussed seem to get a half-hearted attempt to pick up points that are fairly useless in terms of helping out the situation in any way.

Hereís one of the problems Ė in a horary consultation the first thing we should do is to try and confirm the symbolism against facts that are unknown to us. We can do this when we have an independent querent (check the background and timing of past events, characteristics of people involved, etc), all of which helps to build up the momentum of the interpretation. Even if we do a personal horary for ourselves we can see whether the symbolism fits and how it connects to the situation. But with this kind of chart it is very difficult to verify how the symbolism is operating so that clarity that you mention is bound to be elusive.

Thatís my point of view but others will differ and thereís no reason why this discussion shouldnít continue (but remember that this is a live enquiry so there is a need for discretion). Perhaps for you the best thing would be to simplify what you hope to establish about the situation - being certain and correct about one thing (eg, she will/will not return) is better than being half-right about lots of things you never quite understood, and with experience the list of things you feel sure about in a chart begins to increase naturally.

Regards
Deb
Gunhilde

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb, Thanks very much for replying. I think when I asked this question there was little expectation that this woman would be alive after disappearing two weeks ago, especially considering her recent actions (according to the police/press); I suppose I was hoping to turn up something as to where her body is (if she is indeed dead as may be the case). I always knew this would be a bit of a needle in the haystack; I have looked at other missing person charts (done by 'casual onlookers', e.g. astrologers not personally involved with the case) for guidance, but other charts seem to have more 'obvious' aspects like significators VOC or squaring the malefics and such.

I do understand that my not having a vested interest in the case (other than a general sense of humanity) will affect the clarity of the chart. As I like to test and improve my horary skills I often find myself with charts that are way over my head in terms of 'readability'! But I have been watching this case since it first came to light, so it wasn't really a spur-of-the-moment chart; more of a case of 'I wonder if a horary chart would tell me where she is'. I do, however, agree that at the best of times the results may be foggy.

Best wishes,
AG
loara29

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Missing person chart location! Reply with quote

Hello archergirl and Deb,

I am sorry, but what will I write, has nothing to do with Astrology. I think also, such a question is very difficult for Horary.

My good friend was missing his brother. He didn't know, if his brother is in this country (he didn't call for more days) or in Italy. Then I have tried with Radiestesy and have found him.

I am not sure, do I have this talent or not, but it shows me right direction, as also yes or no, whatever I ask (very close to Horary, but much easier).

loara29
Censored

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by Censored on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gunhilde

Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update: her body was found to the *north* of the area she went missing, in the next county, actually, on Friday 30 January, 1 1/2 months after she went missing. She was found fully-clothed in some woodland with her possessions lying next to her. Her death is not being treated as suspicious, but an inquest is pending.

Now that I know the sad result, I'm going to go back to the chart and have another look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: