Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Friend Deploys To Iraq
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moondance7

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, Mark. I'm glad your apprehension has lifted. BUT I don't get the 8th house, sex joke? Can you 'splain? I have to assume that traditionalists use the 5th, is that the joke?
MarkF

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD,

Yeah and it's a sure way to start an arguement with a traditionalist to say that the 8th house is sex. Thems fighin' words. Plus there was a topic on the forum two years ago about this bit of astrological quicksand that stretched on for what... 206 pages? What's the word for that discussion? Record setting? Infamous? Mind-numbing? Ahh yes, the good old days.

The upshot of the topic was that to assign sex to the 8th house is a relatively new idea and as my memory serves me I think it was Kim who found the earliest citation of this from somewhere around 50 years ago. But please lets not dredge this up again, please, please, please, please, please. The topic is archived out there somewhere so if you have a spare month or two you can read it all.

Deb gives solid reasoning for how everyone from the ancients up to recent times thought about all the houses in her book. A much better option that.
Natasha

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But please lets not dredge this up again, please, please, please, please, please.

Well why did you bring it up then?
pankajdubey

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: prohibition by weak planets Reply with quote

Quote:

And I can't believe that I didn't notice that the Moon does NOT perfect its opostion to the Sun because Mercury prohibits it. And whatever Mercury signifies can't have much power as it's so close to combustion. Someone pointed that out ot me privately.

This raises another issue, my first post was about the capacity of a peregrine or weak planet to prohibit.

If mercury is so weak, does it have the strength to prohibit ??

PD
Gunhilde

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, regarding the late ascendant, my first thought was that your friend is deploying, and therefore it's 'too late' for anything to be done about it, e.g. change the course of events in his life. This seems obvious, of course, but as I understand it you asked the question with the intention of bringing you/him some peace of mind. The late ascendant could then be read as 'it doesn't matter anyway'.

I found Steven's answer to prohibition interesting and logical, as well. The Moon is the stronger planet, in any case.
MarkF

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

I'm more than happy with the outcome of this chart, but I think that another topic is in the making here based on Steven's quote from Masha'allah and what how Steven sees prohibition. So I'm starting another topic to pick up that line of thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: