I just wanted to share an update on my friend's situation. She sent me an e-mail the other day and I'm reproducing the relevant parts of it here. The situation as she describes it doesn't fit *exactly* with the interplanetary dance shown in the horary but there are elements of prohibition and combustion that are recogniseable in what she describes.
Here's what she had to say. I've added my comments in bold type:
....The guy I told you about, the one who I was told was causing the trouble, and the one who has been sticking to this woman like glue (because as I said in my earlier post - he likes her but also because of the authority she has) [ combustion?] has been on holiday this week.
There's four of us work in the team together myself, these two and another guy who I'll call Tom. He's Sagittarius - Jupiter influence?

Well Tom, after initially staying neutral, decided to tell this woman some home truths about the other guy and about how he is nasty to almost everybody (almost nobody in the company likes him). I've said earlier that I thought she liked him alot and it's turned out I was right about this - I'll mention it again later.

Because he wasn't around this week, she has been much better and it's enabled bridges to be built. [Sun entered Scorpio and Venus free of combustion]I think she's been listening to Tom and standing back from the situation and seeing things a little more clearly and now things are on a much better footing. Whatever the other guy has said about me, I think she has made her own mind up about the situation. [Venus enters Scorpio and is received into querent's dignity]

However, she has told me this week that she does like him - but 'only as a friend'. I believe it's more than this - you can see it in the way she looks at him and also he ultimately doesn't treat her any better than he treats any of us but she still likes him. What kind of a friend is he then? I think she's blinded to his faults (he's a little more charming and sycophantic with her) [combustion with Venus in Libra?]hence my belief that emotionally, it may be more than friendship to her.
If this is the case, could Venus then signify Him as my open rival (and someone she maybe more than
'likes') and especially in the light of what I've discussed above with perhaps her as the authority Sun figure? You talked about:

'the desire of Venus (Him?) to perfect her conjunction with the Sun (her, authority figure?) prevented, thwarted by the Sun's conjunction to Mars'(me,). This could be about what's happened this week whilst he has not been around. I could be completely wrong about all of this Pete as I don't know if a male can be represented by Venus etc but it does seem to tally?
Her actually telling me that she does like him put me a little on my guard again as I do believe that this will ultimately determine things even though I am in a much stronger position (the cazimi sun thing eh Pete, hey I'm learning!) [actually I believe this is more to do with Mars entering dignity] and I was taken here by what Deb said,

'a period of vulnerability remains'. She said something about being 'not wholly freed' but at least I am on my guard and aware and I do feel very much stronger. I have found this really interesting and have found that I could understand much of what has been discussed, may even inspire me to study horary?
We'll see! I think the success of a reading lies in the interpretive skills of the astrologer and I'd be concerned that I may not get it right.

I'd be very interested to see what you think of my interpretation above and if it could be valid Pete and I'm really glad that you got something out of it too.
I'll look to - I think you said the end of November, to see what happens - there has been talk of 're-structuring' in the department so who knows eh?
So that's where things stand at the moment. I think this situation has been - and still is - a fascinating example of the triple conjunction/combustion/prohibition set-up that has been current in the skies and I want to thank all of you for your contributions.
If anyone has anything further to add in light of the above update then feel free to speak up :)

cheers...
Pete