I can?t forgive the appearance of this thread, as together with a confluence of other events it seems to have got me into astrological betting on horse racing in a big way. Very time consuming and potentially ruinous?..

I started with the ?naming? system but generally didn?t do well with this and my experience with Arm Candy led me back to using the horses? charts. I have now been operating my system for 6 Saturdays plus Cheltenham. I started putting my money where my mouth was and betting on the ?Scoop6? on the 5th and 6th Saturdays and also put a small amount into a competition for Cheltenham.

I pull up the race chart and compare all the confirmed horses? natal and progressed charts with it. I ignore the horses? angles as I don?t have these and work on the basis of planets to planets and horses? planets to the race?s angles. I am obviously still learning and have collected a lot of data which I need to reanalyse on the basis of the results. However it isn?t looking bad. Each week I get about between 2 and 3 winners and 2 and 3 other placings out of six races. I have so far not got 6 placings (and obviously it is early days to be getting 6 winners :lol: ) so no money yet as I am only doing the Scoop 6 which requires a full house, of at least placings, to payout; but I reckon on this level of stats I could break even over the long term by occasionally getting the placings right and maybe one day could get all six winners. We?ll see. I would obviously have won some money if I had bet on individual races but the appeal of the big jackpot is just too much for me to ignore.

Cheltenham was a disaster though. I seem to work better when I am not familiar with the horses. Otherwise I have favourites of my own where I look for good stuff and ignore bad. With unknown horses it is easier to be objective and just use the astrology. What impressed me most is that, it is sometimes possible to totally discount the bookies favourite on the basis of the charts and to pick outsiders. I had one race where I got the top three as my possibles and none of them were listed as the bookies choices.

So as I said early days yet and I probably won?t be doing this any more this season, as it takes up most of my Saturdays at the moment which isn?t wise when the sun shines. So more next winter I expect.

Hi Amelia,

Fascinating stuff and congratulations on all your hard work and successes. Sorry to have got you hooked, LOL, but hope you're finding it fun :)

I too have experienced disastrous Cheltenhams in the past, so decided to give it a miss this year. Also I've been very busy with work - the type that guarantees an income, as opposed to sports betting which doesn't!

I agree with you regarding discounting the bookies' favourites. I've found it best to avoid reading the form too since that can be distracting. It's when astrology works against the form that things become interesting - and profitable, hopefully :D

Just out of interest, when you're comparing charts of horses and races, do you look at all planets and all aspects?

Cheers,
Ficina