Hide the Evidence

Following a very unpleasant losing run on the horses and the footie, I'd like to report a success :D

Hide the Evidence won at 7/1, beating the 11/10 favourite and 16 other horses. I picked this one purely for Mercury's entry into Scorpio today. Mercury was also in 8th house of race chart.

Venus's entry into Libra on Saturday was not so productive, although New Girlfriend (66/1) put up a good show and only just missed being amongst the first three home out of a field of 14.

Onwards and upwards......

Hi Ficina,

Congrats on your Hide the Evidence win! Outstanding considering the odds. :'

I am totally new at Sport and Speculation but determined to learn. I was wondering about Venus? combustion when she entered Libra (and your New Girlfriend pick). In your experience, do you think the Sun overpowered Venus (on the field) even though Venus was dignified (strong showing despite 66/1) and Sun Libra was detrimented? I?m also curious to know the names of the first three home ahead of New Girlfriend.

OTOH, you had a win with Hide the Evidence by basing your choice on Mercury?s entry into Scorpio that day. I noticed that Mercury, unlike Venus, was not under beams and had entered a sign occupied by Jupiter. Is any of this relevant or am I just having newbie racetrack delusions?

Jupiter will enter Sagittarius soon (at long last Jupiter in major dignity, maybe we will all feel some relief :lala ) but it will be combust :-T . In the week prior to Jupiter entering Sag, both Venus and the Sun will go into Sag. Again, Venus will be combust (within 8 degrees of Sun) but in a different sign from the Sun (Lilly would say no longer combust) and separating (not applying as before, when she entered Libra).

I would be very interested to hear what you and others think. I will also start watching the races on those sign change days to see what happens here.

Hi Alex, thanks for your interest :)

That's a good point about combust Venus. It took me a while to root this out and I'm not sure how illuminating it is but the first three home in that race were Caradak, Welsh Emperor and Linngari.

Not so sure if Jupiter was helpful to Mercury or not. I haven't found Jupiter in Scorpio to be of much use at all. As you say, hopefully things will improve when it gets into Sag, once it escapes combustion of course.
I will also start watching the races on those sign change days to see what happens here.
Yes, that will be interesting. Also check the "Aspect du Jour". For example Rabbit won at 9/1 when Mercury was aspecting Jupiter. For those that don't know, rabbit is a slang term meaning to talk excessively.

Oh, and when Venus went into Virgo, Ragdale Hall won at 33/1. Ragdale Hall is a health spa where you go to get pampered :D

Cheers,
Ficina

Ficina,

Thank you for 'rooting' out those winners for me - I agree the names were not illuminating, however, that fact alone was illuminating to me as a speculation novice. I also appreciate the 'aspect du jour' tip. I have been researching that one and will report back if I find anything of interest :D

Best regards,
Alex

Hi Ficina,
I found your posts re winners fascinating. 'Hide the Evidence' very Scorpionic.
Now I need to know more. :lol: What is the set-up and rules of the chart in horse racing? And what do I need to look out for?
I'm off for the moment to look up yesterday's paper!

Best wishes,
Gina

Hi Gina, good to have another enthusiast on board :)

There are various methods around for judging race charts, but the way I do it is to look out for any planet conjunct an angle, particularly the MC. And as I said before, keep in mind the aspect du jour if there is one and also any planet that has just changed sign.

For the Merc/Mars conjunction in Scorpio today I only spotted one horse and that was Catch Me. It ended up being the odds on favourite so not worth backing, but it did win.

Good Luck!
Ficina

Thanks Ficina, will be glued to racing pages next week.
I remember, a few years back now, reading an article whereby you erected the chart for a particular time and place of race. But this way seems simpler in theory....but time will tell.
Will keep you posted. :lol:
Many thanks,
Gina

Sorry, Gina, I guess I didn't explain it very well. I do of course erect a chart for the time and place of each race. That's where I look first for planets conjunct angles. Most days there isn't a planet changing sign and quite often not an aspect du jour so you have to see what stands out (if anything) in the particular race chart.

Cheers,
Ficina

Ah! yep I decided to do that after all Ficina....seemed like the obvious thing.
I wrote a few runners down I thought sounded interesting against the charts. "The Miner" was one that stood out for me although Pluto not conjunct Mc but in 9th and Sag so good position and sign for horse racing. Came second at 11/2 so not good for betting....but it gave me a bit of a thrill.
Early days for me yet Ficina.
Regards,
Gina.

Bad luck Gina, hope you didn't have any money on it! I backed Only Vintage to win yesterday, Moon in Leo conj Desc (Moon shows favourite) but it ended up being joint favourite and guess what? The other horse won - very annoying :lol:

Andrew, if getting it right were easy I think it would be very boring. No challenge and no fun :wink:

Hi Ficina...no, no money has left my hands as yet....too much of a novice at the moment.
Having said that, I marked off two horses yesterday (only because I recognised them as being 'martian') Red Contact and Elusive Warrior.
Out of the two I would have chosen Elusive Warrior because of Mars being in Scorpio...both on the Descent. Mind you, Mars was conjunct Mercury so Red Contact just as much an option.
R.Contact won at 3/1
E.Warrior 2nd 20/1
Would have made a nice little each-way double. :D

A couple of questions Ficina....which House system do you use?
And did you go for Only Vintage because Saturn being near to Moon?
I'm sure John Frawley has written something about horse racing and speculation, any idea?

Regards,
Gina.