Realising that I?ve never actually looked at Brown?s chart (shameful, since he?s expected to be the next leader of the Labour party and has a good chance of being the next Prime Minister), I?ve tried to recreate his horoscope with Placidus cusps from the data on that page.

The date they give is:
20 Feb 1951 ? 8:40 am
Giffnock, Scotland

I couldn?t find a place called ?Giffnock?, but ?Gifford? gave the same angles as the chart on that site. It?s the pity there?s no source for the data. Maybe someone can offer some confirmation?

Wow a real sea saw with a real Pivot !

Jupiter in his own sign. Been having a grand time with uranus lately I'm sure and with TJupiter currently trine natal He is probably having a fairly good run with popularity.

natal sun trine natal uranus, is he a bit serendipitous? does he do well with chaotic situations? Not being in UK, I'm really not familiar with this person, but this chart is water and air with only a small dash of Fire (though I'm rather fond of Leo moons, mine 18 Leo, daughters 12 and 16 Leo, he's a bit old to be one of my kids though, chuckles!)

and I dont think a node in earth could be called even a dash of earth, he's earth lite I'd say. satisfies the idealism, but might not be as practical as one would like to see in a leader. that can lead to much higher taxes and less efficiency. is he balanced by a practical cohort in any way? Okay, my lack of knowledge about the person is probably showing through fiercely, but I definitely think this person needs some earth balance to be an effective leader. What do you brits think? Did I even come close?

Oh yeah, and afte the US has had such a lovely time with a 12 house water sun leader, do you really want to go there? Might be worth considering? hmmmmm.

Granny

Anyone taking odds Mr. Brown will end up in prison? The rulers of his 9th (politics), 10th (career), and ASC are all in the 12th house, as is his Sun. The chart has only two aspects (I don't use Uranus), Venus conjunct Mars and Moon applying to an opposition with Mercury, and these are either in the 12th, or involved the 12th - Mercury in 12 opposing Moon in 6.

There are three planets in great dignity, Jupiter (domicile), Venus (exaltation), and Saturn, (exaltation). But Saturn lord 10 is retrograde (works against the native).

The Jupiter is conjunct the fixed star Achernar (nature of Jupiter gives success in public office - Robson) and the ASC is conjunct Alpheratz (honor and a keen intellect - Robson).

His 2007 solar return (cast for the birth place) has Spica on the ASC and Arcturus (Good fortune, with many cares and anxieties through own folly - Robson). The star Baten Kaitos is setting in the SR chart, and this star is associated with shipwrecks. Given the loaded house of self undoing (natal), this looks to be a significant year for Mr. Brown.

Tom

With the highly see saw chart, possibly a padded cell ? imprisonment might not be from unlawful conduct, can be other things, although with politicians, unlawful conduct is generally more prevelant... Granny

I prefer the earlier time of 08:26:20 UT. This puts Saturn close to the Descendant, and together with the Mars/Venus conjunction in Pisces which is not aspected by other major bodies (excepting Kepler's aspects) would account for marriage relatively late in life.

The rulers of his 9th (politics), 10th (career), and ASC are all in the 12th house, as is his Sun. The chart has only two aspects (I don't use Uranus), Venus conjunct Mars and Moon applying to an opposition with Mercury, and these are either in the 12th, or involved the 12th - Mercury in 12 opposing Moon in 6.
hmm don't you think that in a sense, Brown is already imprisoned- through his politics /career? I wonder how many other people stuck in a position of being blocked by their boss would have moved jobs by now.
I wonder too about the quincunx of saturn / sun - opposition by house across 6th 12th, but 150 degrees by sign. In context with the 12th house north node, to me it speaks of a lesson involving letting go.
gs
The importance and unimportance of the self cannot be exaggerated - Reginald Blyth