Tom wrote:
hmm don't you think that in a sense, Brown is already imprisoned- through his politics /career?
I'm at a serious disadvantage here since I simply don't know much about Gordon Brown, and I do think that we can take a lot of the symbolism metaphoricaly, as you've done, as well as literaly. My remark about him going to prison was hyperbole and intended to draw attention to his loaded 12th house. I don't really think he is going to prison.

As for his being "imprisoned" in his job, like you say he could have left and done other things. I'm sure he has the skills. The fact that he didn't indicates he is in his position of his own free will.

What we might want to keep our eye on is Morinus' interpretation of the 12th house. He said it represented illlness. This is at odds with probably every other astrologer before him. If he does become seriously ill (or perhaps he has in the past), Jupiter in Pisces would ultimately save him from death (or imprisonment for that matter), at least that is Morinus' view. He would say the same for imprisonment. In other words, let's assume a major scandal is revealed, the fact that he has the two benefics in great dignity in the 12th would save him from permanent damage due to the scandal. The same would be true of illness. He might suffer a serious illness, but it would not kill him.

Tom
The biggest spending spree in the financial meltdown could be one 12th house effect !! .All the accumulated savings as Chancellor of the exchequer are gone as sson as he became the Prime Minister.

I have read that he has serious eyesight trouble and even heads the disabled power list :?:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5241502.stm

PD