sale of property question

First, what a wonderful website and forum! Thank you, Deborah Houlding, for this opportunity to learn and improve, and to everyone else who contributes to the forums.

I am working on a problem regarding the sale of a house in Auburn, CA (USA). The property belongs to my sister, and has been on the market since April. She is moving to Western NY state (USA) sometime this fall.

First problem: will the CA house sell?

If I pose the question, "Will House Sell"? I am the querent, if I understand the rules ? Is my sister then the quesitor, (7th house), or is the house in question the quesitor? What other houses should I be considering?

From the reading I have been doing, it seems that it is very important to frame the issue clearly and simply, which I sometimes have difficulty doing.

I personally think the house in question is priced beyond the market, and is a bit of a white elephant. So, I am tempted to ask that question, but not sure if this is the correct way to approach the issue.

I am also working on an election chart for her planned drive across country with three dogs. I will post that in a separate thread for feedback on the first chart I have elected.

I can post her chart, the elected chart for the 6 day drive, and the chart for the horary question, once I am confident that I have framed the proper question. I am not sure how to do this, or even if it is desirable. If not, please let me know.

I have been working with astrological techniques since 1973, and progressed through various approaches (modern, Ebertin, etc) since that time. Mostly I have been interested in studying charts of past events, and horary/elections are a new, but very strong interest.

Thank you for any response. I hope to be able to make a contribution to the forum, but will be doing more reading than posting until I am sure of my footing.

You are the astrologer, sister the querrant. 4th house, is current house, 7th is new residence.

You are asking on her behalf. if you really wanted to get that complicated, she is 3rd house, BUT, since the question really inst about you, that would merely confuse the issue.

well that's my 2 cents anyway...

post date time place of question please, Granny

Granny, thank you so much for the response!

I am not really asking for her, but for myself, because I worry that shes is expecting too much for her house considering the market. But, she is a typical Taurus, and very stubborn. There are a lot of indications in her chart of "ready, fire, aim"...

She has not asked me if it will sell. She seems more worried about the paperwork for her construction loan for the new house coming through, and constantly asks me when I think that will happen. I won't even go there, as there are too many factors involved for me to be confident of giving her a solid answer.

Anyway, I asked the question "Will House Sell" at 1:30:03 EDT, Sept 1, 2006.... and used the lat and long of the house in question, but am pretty sure I should be using the lat and long of my location if I am the querent.

Lat and Long of the house is 38n53 49, 121w04 33

My lat and long: 42n14 21, 79w26 44

what is the name of the town your in? I'd rather just input town into AStro.com, easier for me. =)

snippage occured to alieviate inaccurate info... granny

sidebar: house mouse is what I call my sister, what I've called her for 33 or her 34 years...

Granny
Last edited by granny_skot on Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Interesting, Granny. I call myself that because my sun is in the fourth. There is an almost exact opposition to Uranus,10th. Fortunately, this opposition is assisted by Sun trine to Pluto/NN (12th), and a Sun sextile Neptune (2nd). The Pluto/NN is square Midheaven, by the way.

Having studied astrology for 30 some odd years, I decided my life would run much more smoothly if I became a "housemouse" (somewhat of a hermit)... this my handle.

I am in Dewittville, NY
the house is in Auburn, CA

I am working through Deborah's excellent tutorial, and using it to develop my ability in judging horary charts.

May I post my "conclusions" here, so that my mistakes and errors can be quickly corrected?

posting your thoughts here is the point. =) that way better discussion is enabled. let me relook with the right info. see how far off it was.. Granny.

Woe! way off changes AScendent to Mars rule. so let me re write shortly... Granny

If Ascendant is Sister then

Mars in 10th house, concerned with work or social standing, Just past square with Pluto, so crisis has probably peaked. Though the emotional hit more likely when Moon hits Pluto shortly.

This puts Uranus and POF EXACTLY on IC, change or chaos with primary house, but also shows this is where the fortune may be found. As it is also Trine Jupiter the significator of 4, who is in 12th house of undoing? Jupiter is also 2nd house indicator which is money and so I think maybe the house will sell. Venus in 9th, represents other house, and is trine the Pluto moon conj.

3rd house , sibling in 9th square Jupiter, Sibling worried about house 1 and money. ;-)

Mercury ruler of Career and social Standing on MC, conj sun (combust?), Sextile Jupiter, opposition Uranus, Chaos. Sun ruler of 9th travel also on MC, sextile juptier seems to indicate that the move is more beneficial?

If Saturn is sister then you have Saturn and Venus both in 7th from third and Jupiter in 10th from third, Which shows sister and new house together and square old house. Old house sextile 7th ruler Sun? makes less sense to me.

Well it?s a place to start.

If you look at CA, William Lilly chapter on whether to remove from one house or move to the other? it?s a good place to start, also in this section there are a couple of moving horaries, one specifically by Sue I think that had lots of good info. Hope that you find something useful from this post? since I took you around the park first. LOL. Granny

Thank you so much!

I am going to study everything you have posted very carefully, and make sure I understand the way you have applied the rules.

My error at first was considering myself the querent, and not my sister.

Not so much an Error as trying to overly complicate the chart.

and I too am a student so dont taek my interpretation as anything but that, trust your gut and try to appy the things you learned from your reading and you should find a fairly decent anser. well IMO.

Granny