A Runic explantion of the Zodiac

Greetings, i thought that I'd throw another theory of Dave Mastry into this mix.
It has to do with a hypothesis of his that make very good sense. When he completed it [at least as complete as he has managed to date] our friend Suryakant, a yogi, whom is of Norweigan ancestry, says is 'Runic'.
It involves, primarily, the 'Triplicities'. It would be in additiion to the present theories.
All elements represented in the Zodiac should be thought of as 'On the Earth', 'Above the Earth' and 'Below the Earth'.
The Signs Leo, Cancer, Gemini and Taurus are elements 'On the Earth".
The Signs Aries, Pisces, Aquarius and Capricorn are the elements 'Above the Earth'
The Signs Sagittarius, Scorpio, Libra and Virgo are the elements 'Below the Earth'
This makes sense. On the element, Earth. Taurus is known to rule the plains, valleys and pastures, hence, 'On the Earth'. Capricorn rules the mountains, hence 'Above the Earth'. Virgo the caves, 'Below the Earth'
Now about Fire. Leo rules fire by combustion and although it in turn is ruled by the Sun the Suns' heat is not felt until it strikes the surface of the Earth, hence, 'On the Earth'. Aries rules electrical fire and that includes lightning, hence, 'Above the Earth', That leaves Sag. and it would have to be 'Below the Earth'. [Fire below the Earth created by the frictions of movement below us]
As for Water. Cancer represents all waters 'On the Earth', Pisces, 'Above the Earth', meaning it rules the rains, which in turn without there would be no streams or rivers, and Scorpio 'Below the Earth' which gives support and is in turn supported by the old notion that it rules swamps and things of that nature that are fed by underground water sources.
For the Air signs. Gemini is known to represent the exhalation of breath and would be considered 'On the Earth'. Libra the in between breath, 'Below the Earth' and Aquarius, the inhalation breath, 'Above the Earth' This makes sense to the legend that Aquarius is the "Water Bearer" as if it's considered 'Air above the Earth' and Pisces, as explained above, 'Water above the Earth' [Rains]...I believe you should see what we are getting at here. That Aquarius is the upper atmosphere that is required to dispense rain.
As Dave explained at Astrodienst, there is a program that aired the day after he came up with this explanation. It was on the 'History Channel' here in the States on cable television. This program was about modern weapons and discussed a Russian sub that was built to withstand great depths and had an exceptionally strong hull.
This submarine sank in water so deep that its hull collapsed eventually. The narrator said that when the hull did finally collapse that the men inside couldn't have suffered very long as there would have been an explosion created by the friction of the water rushing in under such extreme pressure that the air in the sub would ignite! Water igniting Air!!!
Now take Daves' arrangement and note the following.
A Submarine is somewhat of a cave...Virgo.
The Air inside the Sub, not unlike the air in a cave...Libra.
Water rushes into the cave...Scorpio.
Leads to fire by friction...Sagittarius.
He has also pointed to the book of the Bible Genesis for this analogy.
In the beginning there was only the 'waters of the deep'...Cancer.
The breath [wind] blew over the waters...Gemini
The lands appeared...Taurus.
One last thing to add here is his re-arrangement of the duplicity of positive and negative signs.
As it is currently accepted you end up with postive and negative always opposing one another in the Zodiac. This is un-natural, as Tesla proved Edisons generator [Direct Current] was and was thus in-efficient.
Tesla claimed to have gotten the inspiration for his Alternator [Alternating Current] from the universe around him.
Thus the Zodiac should be divided half and half not unlike the yin-yang diagram. We believe Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sag. and Cap. to be the 'positive' signs and the remainder to be the 'negative'
Of course this leads to the conclusion that there are positive and negative types of both sexes...and a host of other new considerations.
The point here is that possibly all laws of the physical universe can be found in a proper explanation of the Zodiac.
Thus leaving one to conclude that Astrology is not only a science but the Mother of all Science.
Last edited by skippy sanchez on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart.

I noticed a thread on 'fractals' here at this forum. I would like to add to the above post that this 'Runic arrangement' [if that's what it in fact is] is not only supportive of the "As Above, So Below" school of thought it in fact seems to illustrate an explanation for it.
I haven't studied anything 'Runic' to date. I don't know that Dave really has either. I am curious if anyone involved with this forum has anymore to add about 'Runic' explanations or theories?
Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart.

Greetings. I was watching the History Channel here in the States the other night and caught a program on the formation of the Earth.
The narrator talked about how when underground water hit seams of molten lava underground it solidified into strata that was eventually thrust upwards into mountains.

...underground water > Scorpio
...underground molten lava [fire] > Sagittarius
...above the Earth mountains > Capricorn

...The Plot Thickens!
Last edited by Dave M. on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You are a Divine expression of the Universe.

Re: A Runic explantion of the Zodiac

skippy sanchez wrote:Thus the Zodiac should be divided half and half not unlike the yin-yang diagram. We believe Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sag. and Cap. to be the 'positive' signs and the remainder to be the 'negative'
This idea pays homage to the one into which the Sun, as ruler of the day (positive) rules those sign from Leo to Capricorn and the Moon, as ruler of the night (negative) rules the other half, from Cancer backwards to Aquarius.

PFN, thanks for the observation and input.
A curiosity of this arrangement is in that the Sun then rules only one sign "On the Earth" > Leo... and one sign "Above the Earth" > Capricorn. [and the Sun rules all of "Below the Earth" where-as the Moon doesn't have complete rule over any of these 'domains' I'm proposing] And the Moon only three signs "Above the Earth", > Aquarius, Pisces & Aries...and three signs "On the Earth" > Cancer, Gemini & Taurus.

It leads to the assumption/conclusion that the Moon is also affecting the 'currents' of water in the atmosphere [Pisces] as it does the water "On the Earth" [Cancer]...maybe a meteorologist could comment on this...it does stand to reason.
You are a Divine expression of the Universe.