Predicting when an event will occur

I've been looking at some of Lilly's and Morin's predictions and in particular Lilly's gift for being able to predict when events are going to happen and how they are going to happen and who they are going to effect.

I know in Electional astrology you can predict when is the best time to carry out something but how do you predict when something can or will happen. Do you compile a horary chart first. For example, elated by The Reds win over Chelsea today in the Charity shield, I'd like to know when Liverpool are going to win the League - if ever - again. I could do a Horary to cast whether they will win this year if it is unfavourable then how do I ask when.

Hi Skippy,

These sorts of things are not for the feint hearted. Prediction with timing is something that can take years to perfect. In a question such as yours, you first need to determine whether the event will actually take place. There is no point in asking when Liverpool will win the League if they will never win it again. You can determine if and when with the one horary chart. If you ask the question then the first thing you will look at is the aspects that will indicate a win for Liverpool at some stage. When you have established that Liverpool will once again win the League then you can look at the timing. Here is a link to an article by John Frawley on this issue.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/timing.html

Cheers
Sue

I have asked whether they will win another league cup. I have used the 1st house as themselves, the 7th all their 2nd place opponents, (I'm not interpreting the twists and turns of the season that see them arrive there) the 4th whether the cups comes home to Anfield, the 10th their honour and the 5th their relationship with the media.

The Lord of the Hour is Mars. Lilly notes that if a strong planet is in the ascendant (mars is conjunct the asc) and it is both ruler of the 8th house and hour ruler then this portends death. William Lilly, Christian Astrology , p. 257. John Frawley comes to mind here.

I have asked whether they will win another league cup. I have used the 1st house as themselves, the 7th all their 2nd place opponents,
According to Frawley(Horary text book) you are on the right way. Now you have to see which ruler is stronger primary by accedantaly dignities and if there are some planets in 1st or 7th house, does they help or not. Only if you get approximative result for both teams than include essential dignities (Frawley). If the ruler of your team is stronger that means they will win.
Greetings,
Goca
http://www.geocities.com/astrosport88/engleski.html