Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I get the money owed to me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voyagergirl

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Will I get the money owed to me? Reply with quote

My friend the attorney asked this question last night. She had hired another attorney to write a brief for her: he failed to do so and she wants the money back that she paid him. Here's the chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?nhor=128&nho2=1&btyp=2&mth=gw&hsy=5&zod=&add=18&sday=23&smon=8&syr=2005&rs=&orbp=&cid=hl7filedbUpdq-u1067036137&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=

The only applying aspect the Moon makes is a trine to the Rx Pluto in the 8th house. (The case was a criminal case, so maybe Pluto is applicable.)

She is ruled by Venus and he is Mars. There is no aspect between the two which does not bode well for her getting back her money, and the Moon at 17 Aries does not translate the light between them. However, if one does use the outer planets, then does the applying trine to Pluto in the 8th bode well? If not, the Moon is VOC, so I suppose anything is possible?

Given the strict rules that lawyers in this country are under regarding finances, I would logically assume he would have to return the money and risks losing his license to boot. (She asked about this also, but I'm not sure what house rules losing one's law license, unless it's the 10th, which in this case would be the fourth.)

Any ideas?
LittleMermaid

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi voyagergirl Very Happy ,

I had a look at your chart and I am more of an optimist than you.

Venus and Mars are in 144 degrees minor aspect - biquintile.

Venus is in Libra - it is essentialy dignified in its own sign.
Mars in Taurus is weaker than Venus - therefore your friend is in a stronger position than the one who should give her back the money.

Mercury (the ruler of the 2nd house of money) sextiles Venus (favorable for your friend) and at the same time squares Mars - I would say the one who needs to pay back this money is not so excited about that idea.

On August 23, 2005 Sun trines Moon - maybe there will be a meeting between your friend and that attorney.

The Moon is in 12th house close to True Node - some past life issue maybe? (This is my free interpretation, this is what comes up in my mind in when looking at it.)

Mercury ruler of the 2nd is in the 4th house - accidentaly dignified, also Mars the significator of him is accidentaly dignified in the 1st house.

Saturn - ruler of 9th house is in 4th house - also accidentaly dignified.
If we take the 9th house to represent attorneys than I would say there is some older attorney figure besides the one who ows the money involved.

Chiron conjuncts the MC of this chart - to heal the issue?

Have a look at the chapter on this website about the esential and accidental dignities and than you can see - who is in your horary chart more dignified - it might help you with answering this question.

I think that the answer is - it will not be so easy for her to get the money back, Chiron conjunct MC - it looks to me as if she should look at it from a more metaphysical perspective and let it heal.

LittleMermaid Smile .
voyagergirl

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Will I get the money owed? Reply with quote

Thanks, Littlemermaid!

I also overlooked something: venus is about to conjunct Jupiter and in this chart, venus rules my attorney friend and Jupiter rules the 8th house of the chart, so I think that's a good sign. But I think you're absolutely right that getting this money back will be quite difficult.

I had to chuckle over the metaphysical aspect you brought up, however, if there is anyone in the world who wouldn't look at this from a metaphysical standpoint, it's my friend!
voyagergirl

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Your timing re: a meeting was right! Reply with quote

Little Mermaid, you mentioned that maybe my attorney friend and her debtor would meet on August 23: and now that you mention it, I do recall her telling me that she ran into him in court that day! (But still, no progress on getting the money.)
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Venus is in Libra - it is essentialy dignified in its own sign.
Mars in Taurus is weaker than Venus - therefore your friend is in a stronger position than the one who should give her back the money.

Id normally agree but I'm not sure about this in this chart. The essential dignity of Venus should make her stronger and suggest she has the moral high-ground, but Venus is cadent, whereas Mars, though it lacks dignity (and therefore honour) is angular. So he might be feeling very determined regardless of whether he is in the right or the wrong.

Quote:
venus is about to conjunct Jupiter and in this chart, venus rules my attorney friend and Jupiter rules the 8th house of the chart, so I think that's a good sign. But I think you're absolutely right that getting this money back will be quite difficult.

Where you have this application between the 1st house-ruler (querent) and 8th house-ruler (the money she is seeking from the other party), its not so good to have the 1st-ruler receiving the 8th-ruler as that can show the querent taking a loss. Its also not good to have the significators cadent, showing a reluctance or inability to act, and so slowing down the prospects of a speedy resolution. But it is good to have fortunate planets involved in the signification and the fact that they both have essential dignity suggests that in the end, both parties will feel obliged to do the decent thing and work this out.

The 7th-ruler, Mars, in the 1st house and receiving the Moon is also a mixed blessing. Again it shows some trouble and anger, but a need to make agreement.

I go along with your judgement that shell get the money back but with either a lot of trouble or some loss involved. Please let us know how things turn out.

Deb
voyagergirl

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Getting the money back Reply with quote

Thank you, Deb! I hadn't thought about Venus being cadent... it looks like my friend is going to have to sue to get her money back, and I'm not at all sure this man who owes the money even has the resources to pay it back. (It's a rather large sum of money.)

I'll definitely keep you posted.
voyagergirl

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: An update Reply with quote

My attorney friend did finally get the money owed to her... just thought I'd let you know.
Pocahontas

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Voyagergirl,

I am glad your friend got back her money. That is basically what Little Mermaid and Deb told you as well... Laughing ....

If you have another horary question I will be happy to help you out!

Adios,
Pocahontas Very Happy .
voyagergirl

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Debt repaid Reply with quote

Thank you Pocahantas! I am glad my friend got her money back. However, the other attorney is still in trouble.
voyagergirl

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: What happened to the other party in this old post Reply with quote

When I last updated the answer to this post about my friend getting back money owed to her from another attorney, there were posts indicating there would be "trouble and loss."

As it turned out, the attorney who owed my friend money ended up getting disbarred and losing his law license.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: