Is my mom going to have a heart operation in the next 6 mos?

I am posting this chart about my mother's health. She has a leaky heart valve and may be a candidate for a valve replacement. She just turned 78.

Here, 23 Leo rises, which is almost exactly MY natal ascendant. If my mom is ruled by the 10th, then both her sixth house (the natal 3rd) are ruled by Venus in Gemini. Venus is disposed of by Mercury in Aries, which in turn, disposes of Mars in Pisces, so this seems to me if she does have surgery, it will go well, because I read this as a triple reception.

The Moon in Taurus is in its exaltation, which I find usually means a "yes" answer, but here, it's in my mom's 12th along with the Sun, so the Moon is not in as strong as a position as one would hope.

Am I being too optimistic? The chart is interesting, because I also plan to move sometime in the next several months, but I don't want to leave my mother alone if she's about to undergo surgery. (I'm ruled by the Sun in late Aries, with the POF in the first house in 28 Leo, in partile trine with the Sun in its exaltation in the radical ninth of long journeys. Mars is in the radical seventh, in the sign of Jupiter in my fourth).

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.THERESA1\Desktop\WALLI'S HOURS\astro_2gw_226_is_my_mom_going_to_have_a_heart_operatio_hr.74847.12041

Data for chart

I'm sorry, I tried to post the chart here, but for reasons unknown to me, I can't. The chart was cast at 2:31 p.m. (DST) in El Paso, Texas, 106 W, longitude and 31N latitude.

23 Leo Rises.
2nd house: 18 Virgo
3rd house: 16 Libra
4th house 19 Scorpio
5th house: 24 Sagittarius
6th house: 26 Capricorn
7th house: 23 Aquarius
8th house: 18 Pisces
9th house: 16 Aries
10th house: 19 Taurus

The Sun is at 27 Aries
Moon: 2 Taurus 45
Mercury: 11 Aries 47
Venus: 6 Gemini 43
Mars: 8 Pisces 48
Jupiter: 19 Sag 33 RX
Saturn: 18 Leo 9 RX
Uranus: 17 Pisces 0
Neptune: 21 Aquarius 39
Pluto: 28 Sag. 53 RX
Chiron: 15 Aquarius

Part of Fortune: 28 Leo

Hope this helps!

Hi, STJ, I am just a student of Horary (so somebody experienced please correct me if I'm wrong), and I think the surgery is in the domain of the 10th house, that being the house of treatment method?

Hi voyagergirl,

It might be that Lord 10 would be relevant here, as L10 shows "the cure" in illness horaries. So the 10th from the 10th (7th).

Also, it might be worth taking a look at Mars, who is natural ruler of surgery.

STJ, Leelu - The 8th house would show death, which we are not looking for here!!!

Keren

Lilly always ends up using 1-6-8 axis and their inter-relationship.
He does quote aphorisms for physicians where 10th is for medicine.

The present horary can be assessed by : Lilly- Vol II
"Of the Signes and conjectures of the Disease, and of life or death
by the good or ill positions of theMoon at time of the Patient first lying
downe, or demanding the Question.

Whoever shall first lye downe of their sickness, the Moon decreasing in light and motion, in any of the 12 Signes, and afflicted by Saturn his Square, Opposition or Conjunction, shall in part or in all, be partaker of such Diseases as follows, during the time of the continuance of their Disease..

MOON IN TAURUS (CONJUNCT- SQUARE - OPPOSITION) SATURN
Feavers proceeding from obstructions and distemper of the Ppaecordiacks and Arteries, viz. of the inward parts neer the Heart, Liver and Lungs, occasioned by too much Luxury, or from Surfets or inordinate Repletion; their Pulses are lofty and high, but immoderate, an inflation or puffing up of the Body, ulceration of the Lungs; if the Moon be not supported with some gentle aspects of the Fortunes, the party will hardly live fourteen dayes; but if the Moon be, as beforehand, in any good aspect, beyond expectation the sick will recover. Those Medicines which purge or dissolve grosse Humours, and Phlebotomy are good..
"

Lilly mentions praecordium and arteries and the closest he comes to any surgery is- phlebotomy.

Whether you look at turned 8th or 10th- their lords are retrograde- this doesn't look like surgery anytime soon.The turned 6th lord is in the first.

The purgatives for the heart in a sense are the diuretics- water tablets- they do similar job as phlebotomy i.e- offloading the heart.

PD

Pankajdubey---

I have read CA only once. This Decumbiture chapter sails right over the head. :lol: Herbs and Purgatives quite difficult stuff :-?

Check again. If Saturn comes as one of the significator. It was stationery on the date mentioned before going direct. Kind of intensifies the issues represented by the House it rules and the house it resides.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/