The tale of the missing ?20 note

Hi all,
I thought I'd share this horary with you, partly because it had a happy ending, but primarily because it seems to be a case where Lilly's rules for finding things lost or mislaid only partly applied. It certainly seems to highlight the importance of the Part Of Fortune in horaries about missing valuables - or perhaps its just missing money.
Anyway the data for this horary is:

13 July 2006
12.22 pm BST
Birkenhead, England
53 N 24' 03 W 02'
Asc: 5 Libra 58' - Moon 22 Aqua' 55'

I drew this chart after I mislaid a ?20 note, which was a gift from my parents that they had sent to me inside a card. After I put the card on the coffee table and answered a text I suddenly realised that I couldn't remember where I'd put the money. I checked my wallet and my pockets to no avail. I looked all over the flat but no sign of the cash. I retraced my steps. Nothing. I couldn't believe that my memory was so blank!
Following Lilly's rules for finding mislaid objects, I knew that I would soon be re-united with the money (Moon trine Venus, # 1st and 2nd; Venus in 9th. C.A. p. 323). The majority of the planets were in Air signs, which suggested that the missing money was high off the ground and in a westerly or south-westerley direction. ( C.A. p 204).Following these directions proved fruitless. I looked high. I even looked low. Nada. Nothing.
Then I had a brainwave. I decided to check the envelope that the card came in, and which I'd thrown into the waste bin by my desk. Sure enough, there was the missing ?20 note, inside the screwed up envelope! Quite why I'd put it back in the envelope and then thrown the envelope away is beyond me.
Another look at the chart shows the Part Of Fortune in the 8th house, in Taurus, the dispositor of which is Venus - me and my missing money. The 8th is the house of death, and I suppose that by throwing the envelope containing the money into the waste bin, I had consigned it to "death." But the chart said I'd retrieve the money - and soon, and sure enough I did.
I am puzzled though, as to why Lilly's rules on finding missing objects (C.A. p 204) didn't point me in the right direction. They strongly indicated west, or west by south, yet the waste bin - which is on the ground and not "high up" - is, if anything, slightly north and east of the centre of my flat. It certainly isn't westerley.
I do notice however that this is a chart without planetary hour agreement. Perhaps then, that's a warning flag, suggesting as it does that the chart will prove difficult to unravel.

Any comments on this little bit of fascination?

Cheers,
Pete.

The money is perhaps described by Jupiter in Scorpio (North by East on page 204 of CA) in the 2nd. Jupiter is applying square Saturn in Leo (East and by North in CA). Waste bins sound Saturnian. Could Saturn, as a container ? walls around the letter, also signify the envelope?

The money is perhaps described by Jupiter in Scorpio (North by East on page 204 of CA) in the 2nd. Jupiter is applying square Saturn in Leo (East and by North in CA). Waste bins sound Saturnian. Could Saturn, as a container ? walls around the letter, also signify the envelope?
That's an interesting observation Kirk. The directions fit and Jupiter does indeed rule "wealth". However neither of these two planets, via rulership dynamics, leads us to Venus (ruler of 1st and 2nd houses), therefore they seem strangely disconnected from the focus of the question. Naturally my primary focus was on Lilly's rules and they just took me on a wild-goose chase. Only with hindsight was my eye drawn to the P.O.F, another significator of "wealth" in the 8th house.
Good point though, well made. Thanks...

cheers,
Pete

hey a fellow liverpudlian. Does that mean we can start a liverpool astrology group now? :'
Hahaha, yeah, like I haven't tried! :) Actually I was born in Leigh and moved to the Wirral in '92. You probably wouldn't understand I word I was saying :brows

Cheers,
Pete

Hi Pete,

I find directions are the least reliable aspect of the symbolism in charts drawn for missing items in the home. I also hate the fact that the clues often points in every direction simultaneously.

I know we hope to get everything tidy and spot on, but we have to run through all the elements of the symbolism and check out what we can, not expecting that all of it is going to work in every case. Venus (2nd ruler) is in Gemini, which could be pointing to a location off the ground, but it could also be signifying materials associated with writing or letters (ie, the envelope). The ruler of the term is usually very informative on description as well, so that being Saturn adds to the suggestion of rubbish that Kirk picked up. (I think Jupiter in 2nd in Scorpio and square Saturn is quite striking in that regard).

But I always think the Moon is the biggest clue in any missing object or person chart. Moon separating from conjunction of Neptune describes how you lost the money in forgetfulness as your mind lost track of what it was doing. Then it applies to Venus (appropriate for the money because it came as a gift) showing you?ll find it very soon. The Moon is also in the 5th house of gifts, so I?d say reinforcing your need to look at the wrapping, or the card/envelope that came as part of the gift. Moon disposed by Saturn again. What with your POF reasoning, I think it?s a really good chart, though I can?t make sense of Venus in 9th ? perhaps that?s something that relates to you personally?

I wonder if life is throwing you subtle signals with this incident? Have you been ?throwing your money away? lately :)

Deb

I find directions are the least reliable aspect of the symbolism in charts drawn for missing items in the home. I also hate the fact that the clues often points in every direction simultaneously.
Oh God, me too Deb! At least we're in good company though. Lilly hated "lost items" horaries too, didn't he?
Venus (2nd ruler) is in Gemini, which could be pointing to a location off the ground, but it could also be signifying materials associated with writing or letters (ie, the envelope).
Yes it could. Of course I didn't think of that, I was thinking "books, writing materials". And of course the bin is by my desk, but the Air association with "high up, off the ground" really threw me.
The ruler of the term is usually very informative on description as well, so that being Saturn adds to the suggestion of rubbish that Kirk picked up. (I think Jupiter in 2nd in Scorpio and square Saturn is quite striking in that regard).
Hmmm... I never thought to check the term ruler. Had I done that I may well have played closer attention to that Saturn-Jupiter link.
But I always think the Moon is the biggest clue in any missing object or person chart. Moon separating from conjunction of Neptune describes how you lost the money in forgetfulness as your mind lost track of what it was doing.
Lost track? My mind makes the Bermuda Triangle look like the head office of Sat'-Nav' :)
...What with your POF reasoning, I think it?s a really good chart, though I can?t make sense of Venus in 9th ? perhaps that?s something that relates to you personally?
Well apart from the obvious link with "overseas matters", I can't make sense of it either - unless it's pointing to the fact that I - the querent - am an astrologer. That just might be it.
I wonder if life is throwing you subtle signals with this incident? Have you been ?throwing your money away? lately :)
Yeah, I've been donating it to sick horses. Of course, I didn't know they were sick when I backed 'em :lala

Thanks for your thoughts Deb'....

Pete

My mind makes the Bermuda Triangle look like the head office of Sat'-Nav'
Huh?? :?
Pete, was that an English joke?
Yeah, I've been donating it to sick horses. Of course, I didn't know they were sick when I backed 'em
Pete, was that a joke?

Don't quit your day job....

:wink:

Pete, was that a joke?
Yes T, but it's the kind of joke only phlegmatics understand. Cholerics won't get it. ;)
Don't quit your day job....
What's a day job? :)
===
Pete

Anyone else from Liverpool on here?
I've been to Liverpool. Does that count? And my great grandmother was from Birkenhead, my great grandfather from just north of there.

Thanks for posting the horary Pete. It isn't all that often that we get to look at a completed horary with a known outcome. It is a wonderful learning tool.

I'm quite interested to learn more at some stage about the use of directional symbolism in astrology as it relates to missing objects, people, etc. I have been working on orientation and the differences between Babylonians, Greeks, Etruscans and Romans. I haven't got as far as astrology yet but I would want to question why it doesn't seem to be a strong tool for missing objects. As Deb pointed out, sometimes it is hard to know exactly what the symbolism is referring to. It could be the object itself or it could be the direction. I know that orientation in astrology has always been quite important but I don't know the history of using the compass points to determine the direction of the lost object. I know Lilly used it but don't know about the prior history too much.

Just one of the many things I will have to look into.

... though I can?t make sense of Venus in 9th ? perhaps that?s something that relates to you personally?

Well apart from the obvious link with "overseas matters", I can't make sense of it either - unless it's pointing to the fact that I - the querent - am an astrologer. That just might be it.
Awww, come on, that's really pushing it.

I think I might have to downgrade you from the BEST astrologer in the WHOLE world (after Deb ofcourse) to 4th or 5th place.

Choleric, huh? ....

Of course, I would be very happy to upgrade you back to first place (after Deb ofcourse) if you can explain to me in explicit detail how you figured out I was a choleric and what's a choleric plus a detailed one year forecast and solar return for this year. Thanks in advance. Very kind of you to oblige.

P.S> You're probably phlegmatic, right?

Awww, come on, that's really pushing it.
Quite possibly, but if I was a plumber it would be pushing it even further :)
Choleric, huh? ....
Of course, I would be very happy to upgrade you back to first place (after Deb ofcourse) if you can explain to me in explicit detail how you figured out I was a choleric and what's a choleric plus a detailed one year forecast and solar return for this year. Thanks in advance. Very kind of you to oblige.
Good thing I don't have an ego to bruise or I'd be really hurt. As it is I'm whistling and eating chocolate ;)
Well, after reading Dorian Geisler Greenbaum's excellent book "Temperament, Astrology's Forgotten Key" it wasn't hard to type you as choleric, T: Asc and Moon both in choleric signs, with ascendant ruler and almuten also hot and dry, what else could you possibly be? :)
Oh, and choleric types are ambitious, strongly authoritative, headstrong, impatient, take-charge people who get things done. They also expect astrologers to give them free readings for life ;)
P.S> You're probably phlegmatic, right?
Mostly yes - with a strong choleric streak. :brows

End of off-topic aside :P
===
Pete