Newbie on Horary

I've taken the post off. Thank you to those of you who explained how to do it. My experience was it just showed me where I was in the moment and I wouldn't personally use horary as a divinitory tool.
Last edited by skippy on Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello and welcome,
I've been looking back on some old posts on this subject and have to admit I no next to nothing about this subject. It was Tom who prompted me to do a horary question on a death chart.
Woo!!! You know next to nothing and you started with a horary death chart? Go slow...be patient...

However, I'm confused as people seem to be assigning house meanings to things I've never heard of in other types of chart readings. ie 10th house the surgery or tooth or the ascendent being someone else.

So was I in the beginning... But you'll pick up if you preservere...

Without pointing me to a book but whetting my appetite enough for me to think ok I'll go out and buy a book can someone please precis the rules of interpretation delineation please.
Can't do that, too long but basically :-
1. You check whether the chart is appropriate (considerations before judgment)
2. Assign the querent and who the querent asked about to the right house
3. Assign the quesited to the right house.
4. You delineate the chart via dignities, debilities (essential and accidental), aspects bla bla...
I figure I just make a chart up for the point I ask a question right?
I then interpretate the planets, aspects, rulers and dignities right?

Yes...
Does the nodes figure?
Yes... sometimes
What is this type of interpretation supposed to signify?
It signifies the quality of the moment that is connected to the querent...
Is it whether something is a good idea or not or when is a good time or not?
Is it a good idea? This is horary. Is it a good time? Still horary. When is the best time? This is electional.
What difference is this type of reading to other ways of asking the same questions.
You ask the most pertinent and you don't repeat the questions (at least not immediately... The considerations before judgment would have taken care of that.
I gather it is a traditional tool used expressly for prediction.

Yes
Have people found that in hindsight to be more predicatable than say looking at a flat chart or a progressed chart for an event in question.
True but you'll get better through continuous learning, experience and intuition (though not a necessity).
What is the significance of asking the point in question at that time or rather how can asking the question at that point in time have any bearing on the outcome of whether say two people should get hitched or someone pass their driving test?

It doesn't. Not unless it affects the querent. How do you respond to the question "How can the point of birth dictates your whole life?"? It's the same answer...
I'd be grateful for any pointers and hope that these questions aren't frustrating to the horary professionals in the group.
Well it is frustrating (to me!), but these are questions you get from newbies...so astrojin - be patient.

What astrologers need are the 2 Ps...Patience and Passion...of the Art

Ars longa, vita brevis. If you are serious, start seriously now.

You might also want to consider combing through the Horary section on this website, which has some fabulous quizzes, lessons, and articles (I've used them all myself). Look at the charts, see how the astrologers interpret them, and then practice, practice, practice. Horary is one of those wonderful tools you learn to use, wherein the more skilled you become, the deeper you can go in the interpretation; but the basic interpretation still works nonetheless.

Hi Skippy,

This is a difficult situation. There are hundreds of questions running around in you head. But I would suggest that there is one overriding question at this point. 'Is the child going to die?' This is blunt and to the point. But if the answer is yes then it appears that nothing can be done. If the answer is no then you can take it from there and think again on what might be the question of overriding concern such as the ones you mentioned. 'Should we take the child out of the country? etc. Some might argue that the first question is too blunt but sometimes that is what is required. Last year I was asked by some friends to do a horary when the sixteen year old son of a mutual friend was involved in a motor bike accident. We were all quite distressed and wanted to know what to do. He had been flown to another town some distance away. I asked what the outcome would be. I immediately knew that he wouldn't make it. They turned his machines off the next day. It was hard but at least we knew what we needed to do for our friend in the same way you need to know what to do for your friend. It is only my suggestion but I would start with the hardest one of all. 'Will the child get through this?'

Hi Skippy,

I?m a bit hesitant with this whole issue. I?ve looked at charts with a similar theme before but it always takes a lot of deep thought and personal reflection before I can commit to such a subject. I?m hesitant here because I don?t understand the nature of your relationship with the child, or what exactly you?re hoping to achieve out of judging this chart. Is it to inform yourself, as a bystander, as to what is likely to happen; or is it to be used as a basis for decisions on treatment, etc? In either case, although I would like to give you some feedback on technique since you are quite new to this, I don?t think any other astrologer can know whether it?s right or wrong to offer input on this chart. Especially so if there are issues such as the parents being reluctant to inform the consultant of any natural therapies they are using. These are big issues, best left to astrologers with a lot of experience. Believe me I?m not undermining your right to consider the matter astrologically yourself, but I am raising doubts about whether such a sensitive chart should be subject to an invitation for other members (on this very open forum) to offer their views.

Deb